Increasing the size limit for upload

Magicflier
Org Profile

Increasing the size limit for upload

Post by Magicflier » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:17 pm

I had so much trouble the first time I wanted to upload a large video file, by requesting an increase in video size. So I want to make sure by asking again; Do we have to wait for the admins to read over our request first before we can upload? Or do we have to upload first, and wait for it to be accepted with the size increase?

I am requesting an increase at this moment for a new upload. :uhoh:

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Increasing the size limit for upload

Post by mirkosp » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:38 pm

Request first, then an admin has to allow it. Mods can't do it, unfortunately.

Magicflier
Org Profile

Post by Magicflier » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:54 pm

mirkosp wrote:Request first, then an admin has to allow it. Mods can't do it, unfortunately.
Yea, I'm aware of that so thank you for reply. :)
I just couldn't find any threads that gave specific instructions here, so it was pretty confusing as to how this works.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:48 pm

First, go to Editors > Upload a video: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... upload.php
Choose the video you want to request the upload for and click on "request upload permission".
So far so good, it's the usual upload request you've always done.
Now from this page, if you scroll, you'll see a link to the request large upload form, which is this: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... -large.php
Fill out, send, pray. That's about all I can do for you on the matter, unfortunately. :(

Of course, one thing to keep in mind is that the free user limit is 150 MB, and the donator limit is 300 MB... so if it's under 300MB donation would be an easy way out. :roll:
I'm not sure how long or how detailed/actiony/high framerate your video is, but assuming it's feasible, perhaps working a bit on the compression could get you under 150MB? The filesize limit was put in place exactly due to that to begin with.

Magicflier
Org Profile

Post by Magicflier » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:35 pm

The size of the video is 190mb, so it's about 200mb, and the frame rate is 24. The actual technical effects might of boosted the size, but should only be by a small amount. The dimensions are 720p aka 1280x720, I've rendered it using lossless, and used ASG35 to encode'n compress it. So I've done all I could to compress it as much as possible.

The biggest reason for it's file size is probably the length of the video. It's 8 minutes and 5 seconds long. :uhoh:

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:58 am

8 minutes is pretty long for an AMV, yes. 720p24 is pretty standard, too. Although, I assume it's encoded as 8bit, so a 10bit encode would definitely cut down a fair amount more, but then you'd lose on the preview on local, since I fear the encoder we have on local for the previews doesn't support 10bit. :(
Perhaps it could be possible to squeeze out enough with clever zones usage? But really, I think at this point it would be a fine reason to request the large file upload, so it's all up to the admins.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”