The Seed of Discord [Japan Expo 2013]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

The Seed of Discord [Japan Expo 2013]

Post by Animated » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:55 am

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.
Leo Tolstoy
ImageImageImageImageImage

lolligerjoj
Org Profile

Re: The Seed of Discord [Japan Expo 2013]

Post by lolligerjoj » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:43 pm

So, this video leaves a really cool impression. While being technically impressive and perfectly lyric-synched it managed to express a really dark and moody feeling. The colors and effects, the scene selection, the composition and sync are really something to watch here. But I can't help but see it as a bit of a (sex) slave of the music, as I missed seeing the already interpreted lyrics of the track, instead of the raw words simply put into picture. This might sound like a serious flaw, but (at least for me) it isn't. It makes understanding and enjoying quite a bit more difficult though, and thus less mainstream: It might be the perfect hipster video :P
Minor flaws include the monochrome-inverted-characters on dark-backgrounds (4th screenshot), which seemed out of place, because that's really the only surreal effect in the whole video, and the display of the lyrics on screen (they give off the intention of making sure the viewer notices this awesome lyric-sync :P). But it probably would be really hard to understand the lyrics at that part, that much I must admit.
Overall this one is quite a enjoyable video. I personally am really puzzled by the fact that this one didn't make it into the finals.
Image Image
Image Image

Fizziks
Org Profile

Post by Fizziks » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:00 pm

I love your drama videos, and this one is no exception! :up: Your scene selection and use of effects really helped to sell the concept of this video. As always, I look forward to your next video!

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:16 am

you know my <3

1 problem: too many wasted seconds or I couldn't solve everything :?

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:44 am

Another very well done emotional video by you. Good job, Animated
ImageImage

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:42 pm

lolligerjoj wrote:So, this video leaves a really cool impression. While being technically impressive and perfectly lyric-synched it managed to express a really dark and moody feeling. The colors and effects, the scene selection, the composition and sync are really something to watch here. But I can't help but see it as a bit of a (sex) slave of the music, as I missed seeing the already interpreted lyrics of the track, instead of the raw words simply put into picture. This might sound like a serious flaw, but (at least for me) it isn't. It makes understanding and enjoying quite a bit more difficult though, and thus less mainstream: It might be the perfect hipster video :P
Minor flaws include the monochrome-inverted-characters on dark-backgrounds (4th screenshot), which seemed out of place, because that's really the only surreal effect in the whole video, and the display of the lyrics on screen (they give off the intention of making sure the viewer notices this awesome lyric-sync :P). But it probably would be really hard to understand the lyrics at that part, that much I must admit.
Overall this one is quite a enjoyable video. I personally am really puzzled by the fact that this one didn't make it into the finals.
First of all, thank you for your time to leave a comment here, I rarely see you on the .org! :amv: So about the lyrics/scenes connection, yes, this video and most of my other ones is highly based on lyric sync. Where would I be today without it! The term "sex slave" depicts it very accurately... While it's not everyone's cup of tea, I really hope it's the video's biggest advantage. Anyway, I'm putting aside all subjective opinions and I thank you once again for your kind words, I was in some kind of confusion on what overall impression this video gives to the average viewer... Your more professional look on this cleared things straight! :up:
Fizziks wrote:I love your drama videos, and this one is no exception! :up: Your scene selection and use of effects really helped to sell the concept of this video. As always, I look forward to your next video!
And this is the awkward moment when one of your favourite editors praises you on your video... Totally glad you liked it Fizziks! You shoud try Drama too sometime in the future :wink:
Eake4 wrote:you know my <3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2tMV96xULk#t=00m20s
ibabrak wrote:Another very well done emotional video by you. Good job, Animated
Good to know I still got it! Thanks for your comment ibabrak, I'm happy that you enjoyed this.

Azexous
has a bleak short life of editing chinese cartoons and pursuing money until his inevitable bacon coma at the age of 30
Org Profile

Post by Azexous » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:35 pm

I don't know why..but I didn't even have to watch the whole thing and it's already one of my personal favorites. Very amazing indeed. It's such a shame you weren't a finalist though.

[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Org Profile

Post by [madaraxD] » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:14 am

I really like it, idk how didnt get into the finals but oh well :uhoh: , solid editing as always, good work :up:

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:46 am

Nice job, I like it! :up: :up:

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:58 am

omg so cool! O: Really love the typography in this one because I thought of how big it was at first, I was gonna hate it, but it blended so well and made the amv look amazing! Also, I love your overlays! They look so great!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”