Rules and Request Thread (read 1st before posting) 07/15/09

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Re: Rules and Request Thread (read 1st before posting) 07/15

Post by pacotacoshell » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:33 am

mirkosp wrote:I suggest you make a test run in the general anime section for some of these... and we'll see the activity amount they get. It's all based on that, the screencaps section was turned in a (by now dead) subforum due to it, with the only active topic moved to general anime (which is where my initial suggestion is coming from).
I don't get what the downside is in making some threads in this section for manga. If they don't get activity, then all you really get is a few more threads thrown in the archive. Putting it in the General Anime subforum will make me look pretty dumb seeing as it's, well, about General Anime. Plus having the threads come from a mod would be much more credible. If I just spam a ton of threads in General anime about manga people will probably ignore it, but if it's in the discussion section, which is what the threads are all about, then it'd be better. If you want to make me post the manga threads in here because you're busy or whatever, then by all means I'll do it. I just don't get why it's being put to the side because we're afraid of it not being "active".

Also it's not really fair to compare the Anime Screencaps section and Manga Discussion. I mean....really. There was seriously no reason for that subforum besides the screencap thread. >___>

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:42 pm

Ok, for the time being I made 5 threads for some of the prominent titles of your list. Bleach and Naruto need no explanation; the anime counterparts of SnK and KnT are two of the most discussed shows in here; and AoEx has a huge fanbase as well, although the discussion over here wasn't all too long.
Let's see how things go.

EDIT: Made a much deserved One Piece thread as well.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:51 pm

mirkosp wrote:Ok, for the time being I made 5 threads for some of the prominent titles of your list. Bleach and Naruto need no explanation; the anime counterparts of SnK and KnT are two of the most discussed shows in here; and AoEx has a huge fanbase as well, although the discussion over here wasn't all too long.
Let's see how things go.

EDIT: Made a much deserved One Piece thread as well.
Awesome! You da best :up:

I think Magi and Kaichou wa Maid-sama deserve some threads too? I'm pretty sure there's a big following after the recent run of the first season, and Maid-sama is a pretty popular shoujo overall. Breaker might be a good one to gauge activity as well since it does weekly releases.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:09 am

Kaichou wa Maid-sama anime didn't have good reactions (and a whole page was done before the show even started just with speculations and "looks interesting"), but that's mostly because the anime adaptation didn't really do much justice to the manga. Thread done.
Magi otoh really had a following for the anime so I can see it working too, so I added that one as well.
As for Breaker... if I have to add titles just because they do weekly releases there'd be way too many for a simple test run; if anything the one I'd be adding would be The World God Only Knows, as that has even more of a following and two series with a third coming.
But that's not the point of this right now, and I digress.

I think you can notice that making manga threads too takes quite a bit of space, one would have to sift through at least a couple pages to dig all the active topics, and that means there are too much for the section to handle. Hence why a section of its own would make more sense, but again, before doing that (I can't actually open sections anyway, only admins can), we need to see if there is the activity to warrant it (right now some of the topics are at the top because they were just created). Generally there will be 4-5 really active threads per season as far as anime go, with the other shows mostly ignored or just undiscussed (so roughly a fourth or fifth of the threads get activity). I think that similar activity numbers for manga would be a good proof that there's the interest within the community, so I don't think many more are needed to show just that.
The other solution, which I proposed but was discarded, was just to have manga and anime discussion in the same thread with spoiler tags used as appropriate; the idea being that comparisons between anime and manga wouldn't be redundant in separate topics and we'd be able to cut down on topic inflation.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:25 pm

So summer 2013. I'm not sure when I'll find time to make the threads, I'll try to make them asap, they should be done within a couple weeks at worst I think. As usual feel free to poke in here for stuff I forgot once I'm done. |:>

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:49 am

Oh please god put up a "Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui!" thread! So much win.

purplepolecat
Org Profile

Post by purplepolecat » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:48 pm

guy07 wrote:Oh please god put up a "Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui!" thread! So much win.
x2

Or as Zac from ANN translated it, "My Little Social Anxiety Disorder Can't Be This Crippling!"

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:45 pm

mirko pls

I can't hold all this summer greatness for much longer :uhoh:

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:49 pm

I've been away most of the last week, and I really have close to no free time, even in the weekends. I'll try to get to the topics as soon as I can, but I don't know when that is going to be. If some other mod is going to do it, that'd be great...

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:37 am

mirko confirmed hero. god bless you :bzz: :bzz2:

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”