Not much in the rules has changed from last year, but here are the things to be aware of: * Entry information MUST include your home address. This will be for prize mailing and to confirm eligibility.
* Updated from a change last year, this contest is now open to US and Canadian residents, not just US anymore.AMV Contest Rules for Anime Vegas 2013
The 2013 AMV Contest is open to all AMV creators within the USA and Canada. Video Submission Deadline is 11:59pm 9/7/13
Contestants may compete for top prize in five categories:
1. Action/Adventure – Fast pace and intense, wake us up.
2. Drama – Leave an emotional impact of sadness, angst, inspiration or even happiness.
3. Comedy – Make us slap our knees.
4. Upbeat – Perfect for dancing, getting us moving and smiling.
5. Sentimental – Dedicated to the relationships between characters, be it romantic or platonic, or the personal development of one character.
Contestants may enter more than one AMV, but contestants may submit only one entry per category.
Awards will be given for the following:
1. Best In Category – The top video from each category, based on audience vote.
2. Judges’ Favorite – The video that ranks the highest score among the judges.
3. Best in Show – Top video overall, based on audience vote.
4. Special Judge’s Favorite – The special judge’s favorite is only open to those creators in attendence at the convention. Video’s will be screened for a special judge from the AMV community, who will choose the winner of this prize.
Note: Winners not in attendence will be eligible to receive their award only by mail, any other prizes must be accepted in person at Anime Vegas.
Videos must be a minimum of 30 seconds playback time and up to a maximum of 6 minutes playback time. Any videos not meeting the playback time requirement will be disqualified.
Videos will be played back on a laptop and must be no bigger than 853x480. If you send us HD videos you run the risk of instigating the blue screen of doom which we aren’t willing to do. COMPRESS YOUR VIDEOS. No changes will be made to alter resolutions so make sure they run well in your playback software before submitting (WMP, VLC Player, KM Player, etc.) Do NOT send us videos larger than 300megs.
Videos should be submitted in standard playback forms ready to be played in standard media players. Those formats can include:
Basically any file that can be played in Windows Media Player, VLC Player or KMPlayer. All entries should be compressed to standard playback sizes, NOT uncompressed versions. Files will be simply transferred and played, thus large filesizes may affect playback. (We are repeating ourselves on purpose.) If you have any questions about acceptable formats please contact: AnimeVegasAMV@yahoo.com
All entrants will be prescreened and judged prior to the convention. The top 5 videos for each category will be selected as finalists to be screened at the convention. Audience members will be given a voting ballot for the contest and choose their favorite video for each category. At the end of the show, audience members will be asked to circle one video out of the entire show to be voted as Best in Show.
Please remember that Anime Vegas is a FAMILY FRIENDLY event and video content should be appropriate for all ages.
Your video(s) must meet the following criteria:
1) Good quality. Videos found to be poorly encoded as to have many artifacts or red-lining audio may lead to disqualification.
2) Videos may not be submitted if they were submitted to Anime Vegas in a previous year.
3) Keep it PG-13. Poor taste, excessive violence, sexual content or innuendo, and/or strong language are not permitted.
4) No subtitles (except within context). If your source has subtitles that cannot be deleted, please crop them out. As well, videos should not contain industry credits if opening/ending credit footage is used.
5) Must contain at least 75% anime, or Japanese video game footage. Anime style series’ or video games (such as Avatar: The Last Airbender and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic) are permitted at the discretion of the judges.
6) Playback time is no shorter than 30 seconds and no longer than 6 minutes.
7) No bumpers, credits, watermarks or title screens. All videos will be given uniform identifying slides.
It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to submit your AMV way before the due date, ESPECIALLY if your AMV content or format is questionable. Creators whose videos meet one of the disqualification criteria will be notified and updated videos can be resubmitted for consideration. It is recommended to keep your saved edit files. It is also HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to respond and read your e-mails frequently during the contest submission period for updates, information and confirmations.
All videos will be accepted via online submission, no snail mail.
The following information should be included with all submissions:
Your First & Last Name:
Your Home Address
Your Email Address:
Title of video:
Artist(s): (if multiple songs are used, list ALL the artists you used in the AMV)
Song(s) : (if multiple songs are used, list ALL the songs you used in the AMV)
Anime used: (if multiple anime is used, list ALL the anime you used in the AMV)
Will you be attending Anime Vegas: Yes/No
Entries may be submitted via upload sites (ie: Rapidshare, Sendspace, etc.).
Entries may also be submitted as downloads from Animemusicvideos.org assuming they do not contain bumpers. Links to streaming sites such as youtube are not permitted. Email download links and the above information to AnimeVegasAMV@yahoo.com
DISCLAIMER: Contestants waive all rights to any fees, copyrights, royalties, or any forms of compensation for the use of their name, likeness and videos in publicity, marketing, and public viewing by Anime Vegas and http://www.animevegas.com