Post by Kionon » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:02 am

A gift from dokool's girlfriend:

ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Ambiati
Org Profile

Re: Makeup

Post by Ambiati » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:22 pm

Not someone who uses a lot of makeup, people say I look fine without it and don't care much for it. But if anything, I'll use eyeliner and lip gloss. Other than that, I suppose, I do have a few tricks and tips I would be willing to share with women here. If you have acne, using baking soda helps. And for frizzy and dry hair, again, baking soda helps along with apple cider vinegar. You don't have to mix it with your shampoo but rather, just mix it with water and apply to your hair or face for 1-2 minutes. Then wash it off with water. Apply vitamin E lotions, moisturize your skin well. Products by brands such as Johnson &Johnson have always worked best for me because I have dry skin and it's easier to exfoliate. I suppose it depends on your skin type, mine's dry so that's what works best for me. If you drink plenty of water, that helps A LOT. And that too, rainwater. makeup usually ruins your skin but I suppose products that I could go for are MAC, L'Oréal and Maybelline.
L'Oréal's Lumi Magique is good and suitable for all skin types. Maybelline's Color Sensational lip gloss is good too.
Just keep it natural, I guess. :sweat:

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:13 pm

The most radiant beauty is just being yourself. Else; who wants to see the look your hiding behind T__T

A whip is a handy accessory; don't ya think???

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:50 pm

Ambiati,

Good tips, although I'm finding HRT to be the major reason my skin is clear, so I probably don't need the baking soda tip, yay for ethinyl estradiol! Thanks for the brand tips, too. I think I can get MAC here in Japan, dunno about L'Oreal or Maybelline.

I usually barely wear anything, concealer at times, but one of these days I'd like to do "bomb-shell" make up.
post-it wrote:The most radiant beauty is just being yourself. Else; who wants to see the look your hiding behind T__T

A whip is a handy accessory; don't ya think???
...who says we're wearing make up to hide ourselves or on behalf of others? Can't we use make up as a source of expression?

And seriously, what do you mean, whip? :uhoh:
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Ambiati
Org Profile

Post by Ambiati » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:13 pm

That's exactly why I said "it depends on your skin type."
If you're in Japan, I suggest kidnapping Masako Mizutani and making her spill her secrets :rofl:
Buuut you're welcome!

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:20 pm

Ambiati wrote:That's exactly why I said "it depends on your skin type."
I was looking at pictures of me from last year with a cousin over facebook yesterday and day-um, my skin was horrid. It's way better now, but adjusting hormones is serious business.
If you're in Japan, I suggest kidnapping Masako Mizutani and making her spill her secrets :rofl:
Buuut you're welcome!
Well, a lot of her tips are stuff that just comes with a Japanese diet, I think?
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Ambiati
Org Profile

Post by Ambiati » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:21 pm

Yeah, hormones have to do with stuff too. I won't post my personal problems on a open forum since I'm embarrassed to but I have a history of skin problems related to genetics as well.

And I'm not Japanese but I am Asian and I suppose one thing Asian countries do have in common is, their somewhat similar diet if not all of it. Of course, culture plays a part and so does religion. But other than that, people here are extremely self-conscious and try to eat healthy.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:37 pm

Well, the school lunches are are ridiculously healthy compared to, say, North America. I'm gaining weight, but most Americans who come to Japan lose weight because of the walking, the food type, and the portions. My understanding is that Canadians are more likely to gain weight, as are Brits. Not sure about Aussies.

The Japanese diet factor doesn't account for my skin though, because I've lived in Japan for several years now.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:31 pm

I wish I had a photo of it from the day I wore it out and about (I'm definitely not taking any selfies with my face as broken out as it is right now), but I finally found a shade of bright red lipstick that says "vixen" instead of "cartoon."

It's just the really cheap stuff, but it looked cute and I was excited to wear something other than the non-intrusive, soft baby pinks that I stick to normally (not that I wear lip product with any real frequency - maybe once or twice per month - but I've been doing it consistently for the last month just because, well, what the hell).

On a mentioned topic, though, I will note that I used a baking soda treatment on my face once, and it was horrifying. It made my skin peel like I had a terrible sunburn and it HURT. I could barely stand keeping the stuff on my face for the minute or two that it needed, and the next day, I couldn't even wear makeup to cover up the huge breakouts I still had, because I looked like a flaking wall of paint.

Return to “General Discussion”