Welcome to the org, introduce yourself

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

Re: Welcome to the org, introduce yourself

Postby Remixer96 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:46 pm

Hello Everyone!

I've lurked for a long time, but I've decided to take a step into the ring and try my hand at actually editing stuff. I imagine I'm no different than many noobs before me, but I do plan on bringing two twists to the table.

1) I'm going to try to stick to open source software, specifically on Linux. I've noticed most of the guides are geared towards Windows and Mac, so I figured I would bring a little Tux love to the table. I do have a Windows VM should I need it (I'm thinking some ripping might be especially tricky), but the goal is to fill the current Linux example vacuum.

2) I'm going to try to write most of my learning process down. This includes the many dumb things I do and anything clever I may stumble across. Currently I'm throwing everything on http://opensourceamv.tumblr.com/, if anyone would like to follow along.

Glad to be joining in for real, and I hope I won't be too annoying with my questions.
"Control over the use of one's ideas really constitutes control over other people's lives; and it is usually used to make their lives more difficult."

"In the free/libre software movement, we develop software that respects users' freedom, so we and you can escape from software that doesn't."

- Richard Stallman
Remixer96

Postby Athena » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:04 pm

Remixer96,

Welcome aboard. I tried my hands at some Linux AMVs a few years ago, but found it really difficult. I think Cinelerra is still your best option, although Kdenlive might also be a good option. I notice the latter is also available on Mac, so maybe I'll check it out myself.

With Crossover/Wine you can use a lot of my tutorials for pre-processing on Intel Macs on Linux. Honestly, it's the same thing.

Hope this helps.
Athena
I ♥ the 80's

Postby Remixer96 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:48 pm

Kionon wrote:With Crossover/Wine you can use a lot of my tutorials for pre-processing on Intel Macs on Linux. Honestly, it's the same thing.

I suspect so. Time will tell.

Kionon wrote:Hope this helps.

I think it most certainly will. :D
"Control over the use of one's ideas really constitutes control over other people's lives; and it is usually used to make their lives more difficult."

"In the free/libre software movement, we develop software that respects users' freedom, so we and you can escape from software that doesn't."

- Richard Stallman
Remixer96

Postby Tredici » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:48 pm

Hello all, the name is Tredici.

Before I continue with my introduction, you're probably wondering what my username means. It means "Thirteen" in Italian. Congrats, you officially learned 0.1% of Italian

Anyway, I got into the AMV scene two days ago and I made my first AMV today (it's also uploaded on YouTube). About me?, well, I'm a person with borderline asperger's and I grew up with anime and manga ever since I was born. However, I never been to a convention before haha.

It is nice to meet you all :P
Tredici

Postby TritioAFB » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:01 am

Welcome to the forum
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld

Postby Miaka999 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:07 pm

Hello, I am Miaka999. It's been a long time that I have not been here. Seems ages ago...been a member since 2007 I believe and why am I here? because I am an anime lover. Love anime and Japanese culture, Japanese horror movie fan, and obviously love rice cakes and Japanese food, Japanese dreamer....yes one day I will go to Japan if it were not so freakin expensive
Miaka999

Postby Athena » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:06 am

Japan *is* expensive, but some of us manage here just the same.
Athena
I ♥ the 80's

Postby Miaka999 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:06 pm

that's awesome you live in Japan :awesome:
Miaka999

Postby Ambiati » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:25 am

Hello!
I'm new to editing. I didn't really take it seriously...orz.
I'm a girl, I'm 19 and hopefully, I can meet people who are nice over here. >>; :oops:
Ambiati

Postby Athena » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:38 am

Howdy!
Athena
I ♥ the 80's

Postby Miaka999 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:08 pm

Hey Ambiati! Enjoy your stay here at the forum :)
Miaka999

Postby Ambiati » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:45 pm

Thank you! This is so awkward...>>;
Ambiati

Postby simmy » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:59 am

simmy
that's all,glad to meet U...
simmy

Postby 8Lives » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:14 pm

I kinda wish I knew about this site sooner. This place seems pretty great.
I'm Andrew. 26. I've been editing since highschool but I've only made a handfull of AMVs.
8Lives

Postby halex1316 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:58 am

Hi everyone :3 I'm Alex (some people call me Hale *middle name*) so feel free to call me either :) I'm 18 and I love anime and gaming. I also do bar calisthenics as a hobby to stay fit!

I'm new to this site, and I'm really hoping to meet some new friends and cool people! I recently released my first AMV and I'm hoping I can become much better at editing ^.^
If anyone wants to talk about anything, feel free to message me :>I love meeting new people!
Anyway, I guess I've dragged this on too long so....

Bye~
halex1316

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion