Magi (manga)

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Magi (manga)

Post by mirkosp » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:07 am

AniDB wrote:In a strange faraway land lies the mysterious labyrinth called The Dungeon. A young boy, Aladdin, and his companion Alibaba, attempt to penetrate the secrets of The Dungeon and obtain the treasures rumored to be hidden there. Within The Dungeon, Aladdin meets many different people, and eventually discovers his destiny.
This thread is for discussing the manga. To discuss the anime, use this thread instead.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: Magi (manga)

Post by Jasta85 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:01 pm

so, I picked up the manga right after finishing the anime, had to do a little backtracking but they matched up pretty well all things considered. It's pretty good although they had a month long break due to a spinoff series starting or something. If you watched the anime and liked it definitely check out the manga, some really cool stuff happening

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:23 pm

Jasta85 wrote:so, I picked up the manga right after finishing the anime, had to do a little backtracking but they matched up pretty well all things considered. It's pretty good although they had a month long break due to a spinoff series starting or something. If you watched the anime and liked it definitely check out the manga, some really cool stuff happening
x2. Though I really don't get why they had to change stuff and make an anime original ending for S1. :| I mean, they adapted the rest of it pretty faithfully and it wasn't like it was a bad cut off point in the manga so it just seems so...pointless?

Anyway I LOL'd when Kouen turned up and destroyed Alibaba's chance of showing off his new awesome moves. :rofl:

Oh and the spinoff series is the Adventure of Sinbad. So it's pretty much how he became what he is today, it's quite interesting. :)

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:56 am

Just caught up, things are getting pretty real! Kouen's posse looks way more overpowered than Sinbad's >___>
Spoiler :
Just when you think Magnostadt was the final boss for this arc, crazy Kou Empire lady comes in with her giant ball from the sky. I wonder how it's all going to pan out...Is Kouen going to help Aladdin and fight his mother?

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:23 am

Damn, so many transformations. o__o Kouen's definitely looks the most badass though. :awesome:
Spoiler :
But I'm still wondering what they're gonna do about their mother. Do they even know that she was behind the whole thing?

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:01 pm

pacotacoshell wrote:Damn, so many transformations. o__o Kouen's definitely looks the most badass though. :awesome:
x2! And-
pacotacoshell wrote:
Spoiler :
But I'm still wondering what they're gonna do about their mother. Do they even know that she was behind the whole thing?
Spoiler :
I always thought they did? Assuming they know about the link between Gyokuen-->Kou Empire-->Judar-->Al-Thamen and Al-Thamen's ultimate goal of recreating the destruction from Alma Toran.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:53 pm

Holy, that was badass.
Spoiler :
Magoi recharging using lava....good one Kouen! :up:

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:14 pm

Freckles looks pretty cool, but I gotta hand it to Kouen. He's so awesome o__o Btw I found it a bit weird that Kouen looked 10 years younger on page 14-15. CHIBI KOUEN FOR THE WIN! :rofl:

EimiJ7
Org Profile

Post by EimiJ7 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:29 pm

I'm still wondering what Hakuryuu's been up to this whole time, or Morgiana. Was it just me, or did she show up in a few frames on the boat with the other finalis a couple chapters back... It may have just been a nameless character who looked like her though.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:11 am

Jesus, those flesh wounds made me cringe. Kouen's all like "yeah, I just got my flesh ripped out, no big deal"

But Kyougoku's going real hard in the paint :ying: :up:

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”