The Happy Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
AMVGuide
Showcasing AMVs since 2014
Org Profile

Re: The Happy Thread

Post by AMVGuide » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:53 pm

Castor Troy wrote:My asshole landlord can bring it. :twisted: :bzz: :bzz2:
You know, if you're really taking your landlord to court, and they have a half-decent lawyer, they'll dig into your background and find posts like this. And calling your landlord an asshole in public isn't going to help much... let alone all the stuff about pocketing the mortgage and utilities for 6 months. It makes you come off rather arrogant and belligerent; and judges don't take very kindly to that (they like people that genuinely try to cooperate). Now, I don't know what circumstances you are under, but it certainly seems like you're under a lot of stress which might be clouding your judgement a bit. I hope you take this into consideration when building your case. I suggest simply being calm, cooperative, and honest about any unfair treatment you've experienced; without devolving to slander. Now, this isn't just meant to be a tip to help you win your court case; it's just honest to goodness advice. I truly do wish you the best of luck!

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:14 pm

AMVGuide wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:My asshole landlord can bring it. :twisted: :bzz: :bzz2:
You know, if you're really taking your landlord to court, and they have a half-decent lawyer, they'll dig into your background and find posts like this. And calling your landlord an asshole in public isn't going to help much... let alone all the stuff about pocketing the mortgage and utilities for 6 months. It makes you come off rather arrogant and belligerent; and judges don't take very kindly to that (they like people that genuinely try to cooperate). Now, I don't know what circumstances you are under, but it certainly seems like you're under a lot of stress which might be clouding your judgement a bit. I hope you take this into consideration when building your case. I suggest simply being calm, cooperative, and honest about any unfair treatment you've experienced; without devolving to slander. Now, this isn't just meant to be a tip to help you win your court case; it's just honest to goodness advice. I truly do wish you the best of luck!
I have very strong case and I posted the details about it pretty far back in this thread.

My lawyer's recorded all of the f-bomb's he's yelled at her during their phone conversations. Believe me, what I've said so far has been pretty tame.

But you're right. I've humiliated him far enough and I'll try to end his suffering with a bit of dignity.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:26 am

Castor Troy wrote:I have very strong case and I posted the details about it pretty far back in this thread.

My lawyer's recorded all of the f-bomb's he's yelled at her during their phone conversations. Believe me, what I've said so far has been pretty tame.

But you're right. I've humiliated him far enough and I'll try to end his suffering with a bit of dignity.
Ok, I kinda wanna divide this case into two possible scenarios:

Best Case Scenario: You get $400,000 while paying for the lawyer his dues.

Worst Case Scenario: I don't know?? and what is the best way to prevent this from happening?...

Also, is there any possible way for him to sue you back after suing him for his money?? Just trying to point out both best and worst possible case scenarios so you can prepare yourself for what might happen...

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:56 am

lloyd9988 wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:I have very strong case and I posted the details about it pretty far back in this thread.

Ok, I kinda wanna divide this case into two possible scenarios:

Best Case Scenario: You get $400,000 while paying for the lawyer his dues.

Worst Case Scenario: I don't know?? and what is the best way to prevent this from happening?...

Also, is there any possible way for him to sue you back after suing him for his money?? Just trying to point out both best and worst possible case scenarios so you can prepare yourself for what might happen...
Best Case: I get $400K or possibly more. I also get my laywer fees back and the house back.

Worst Case: I file an appeal and we start the process all over again until I win or my landlord and his parent investment company gives me a settlement for $400k or more, plus I get the house back.

Worst Case Ever: I lose the house and get no money. No skin off my back since I don't have to pay for any back pay and I can easily find a new place to live. I've spent pennies in lawyer fees in comparison to what my landlord has spent trying to get me out. I can still buy the Xbox One and PS4 if I lose everything. :P

No, he can't sue me back because he has no legit case against me. I'm suing him, his investment company, and my former mortgage company for pulling the rug right out under me after I legally inherited my mom's house with an honored loan modification with no delinquent payments on my part.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:11 am

Castor Troy wrote:Worst Case Ever: buy the Xbox One
yeah, that would be worst case ever. j/k As much as I want to try out the new Killer Instinct and perhaps any new Halo that's coming out, I don't think I can bring myself to buy one just for those two, at launch anyways. Maybe a year or two later when prices are down I just might.
Under Construction

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:20 am

It's official, I finally have my own apartment again. The old lady upstairs has been getting odder and odder and more hostile to my presence in the house recently and it sped up my move out timetable and search. Found a nice 1 bedroom close to the office. The complex is nice and the area is fine as well and I can't beat the price for square footage. Move in date isn't until August 24th, but I already have the unit reserved and the cheaper rate locked in thanks to my Dad cosigning since apparently my credit is shit.

I still have a lot of planning to do in order to prepare for the move in date, number crunching, ect. I also need to find a car. Was planning on buying one this month after my next paycheck anyways.

I may have to forego AWA this year if the numbers don't add up right. I hope it doesnt' come to that, but the new bills and expenses come first. (yay for finally having bills/payments that'll help build my credit again)
ImageImageImageImage

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:33 am

Unless you're paying your bills with a credit card, they won't influence your credit score at all.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Miaka999
Org Profile

Post by Miaka999 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:04 pm

Nutella is good

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:15 pm