POKEMON

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Re: POKEMON

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:23 am

I'm naming myself Crocker in Pokemon Y and just catching Fairy Pokemon.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:58 pm

OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:00 pm

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/doubl ... 3-36440611

THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST

Miaka999
Org Profile

Post by Miaka999 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:25 am

So....is Misty with Ash finally?????

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:57 am

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:29 am

I think it's hilarious that over half of this thread is talking about X/Y. :ying:
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
Org Profile

Post by hamstar138 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:33 am

New pokemon anime is in October! *runs off with cheering* WOOT SO EXCITED!
ImageImage
ImageImage

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:52 am

CoroCoro pics.

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
The next batch of CoroCoro information has been posted to Japanese forums and this batch showcases more information on the upcoming games Pokémon X & Y. We're currently in the process of translating, with thanks to my good friend StreetsAhead, so keep checking back. Xerneas is Fairy-type, Yveltal is Dark/Flying. Xerneas has an ability called Fairy Aura while Yveltal has one called Dark Aura. Fairy Aura powers up Fairy-type moves while Dark Aura powers up Dark-type moves. Xerneas has a special move called Geo Control and Yveltal one called Death Wing
Pancham's evolution is called Goronda (コロンダ). It is the Aggressive Pokémon, is 2.1m tall, weighs 136kg, and has the ability Iron Fist. It is Fighting/Dark-type. It has the move Hammer Arm and a new method of evolution
The Squids are called Maika (マーイーカ), the Rotation Pokémon is 0.4m tall weighing 3.5kg, and its evolution Karamanero (カラマネロ) the Reversal Pokémon, is 1.5m tall and 47kg, and both are Dark/Psychic-type Pokémon. Maika has a move called Turn Over which reverses stat changes. It's a Dark-type move. Karamanero has the move Hypnosis. They both have either Suction Cups or Contrary.
The pink bird is called Shushup (シュシュップ) and is Fairy-type. It is the Perfume Pokémon, is 0.2m tall and 0.5kg in weight and has the ability of Healer. It knows the move AromaTherapy. It is exclusive to Pokémon Y
The puff ball is called Peroppafu (ペロッパフ) and is also a Fairy-type. Its ability is a new one called Sweet Pale which prevents your allies from falling asleep. It's the Cotton Candy Pokémon, is 0.4m/3.5kg and has the new move Drain Kiss. It is exclusive to Pokémon X
Honedge has the ability of No Guard
Clauncher is exclusive to Pokémon X while Skrelp is exclusive to Pokémon Y
There's a new Gym leader, with the robot arms, called Shitoron (シトロン) while the other Gym Leader is called Zakuro (ザクロ). Zakuro is said to be good at sports
The professor is called Purataanu (プラターヌ possibly romanised into Platane). He will occasionally battle you.
The evil team is called Team Flair/Flare (フレア団). Their purpose is solely to make money
The PSS has various new features. First is the HoloCaster, which gives the latest news on the Pokémon Global Link, without needing access. It has a Happy Sign which lets you see feelings/actions of friends. There are special O Powers which work akin to Pass Powers which you can use and receive from other players. Miracle Trade allows for an "exciting trade" with someone from around the world. It also features connectivity with the Global Trade Station
CoroCoro is offering special Xerneas & Yveltal figures if you pre-order the games and send in a form
Again, the early leeks which were posted on Pokébeach were spot on.

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:24 pm

When I was at the store the other day, I noticed that they were selling $5 deposit cards for X & Y. I'm assuming this is some sort of promotion where kids can basically use their allowance to put in a down payment of sorts on the games, so that by the time they get released, the cost at purchase is small. Has anyone else seen these/knows whether I guessed right about this?
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:11 pm

Qyot27 wrote:When I was at the store the other day, I noticed that they were selling $5 deposit cards for X & Y. I'm assuming this is some sort of promotion where kids can basically use their allowance to put in a down payment of sorts on the games, so that by the time they get released, the cost at purchase is small. Has anyone else seen these/knows whether I guessed right about this?
I haven't seen any of those, but it sounds like a reasonable idea.

I finally checked out the 3DS eShop and picked up Pokémon Dream Radar and Pokédex 3D Pro. Dream Radar's about what I was expecting, and $3 isn't a bad deal. I was more hesitant about dropping $15 on the Pokédex, but it's surprisingly fun. In addition to the 'dex itself, the app comes with a series of trivia quizzes, basically a bunch of Who's That Pokémon? minigames. For the most part it's easy for anyone familiar with the franchise, but it gets trickier with remembering which moves they can learn or what their cries sound like (that's my biggest sticking point D:).

The main Pokédex functionality covers a lot of ground - it lists type compatibility, evolution methods, base stats (in gauge form though - it'd be more useful with exact numbers), egg groups, abilities, and learnable moves (plus a separate MoveDex). It would be nice if it listed gender ratios or which parents are needed for specific egg moves, but the animations are neat and it's a quick way to find out the official pronunciations for Pokémon names. The best part is still the minigames though.

Return to “General Discussion”