Taking things too far

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
macchinainterna
Org Profile

Taking things too far

Post by macchinainterna » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:41 pm

A lot of you know that I loved to screw around and shitpost a bunch on the forums. I meant no harm from it and simply wanted to goof off and have fun with my friends on the site. However, over time my shitposting grew more frequent and less jovial. My friends in the community warned me about my actions and even asked that I stop. I didn't listen, and instead I got even worse.

I showed a lot of disrespect toward my friends and many others in this community with my behavior. This has weighed heavily on my conscience for a long time now, but I've made no serious effort to make amends or change my attitude for the better. I realized this when I recently shitposted in Kionon's thread without a second thought. I didn't think before I acted nor did I listen to my friends' warnings and inevitably went through with my poor choices.

I dont like this side of myself and I especially don't like that I've hurt people I care about with my behavior. I'm not able to forgive myself and let this go because I haven't taken anything I've talked to my friends about this to heart. I want to correct that. I want to take responsibility for my actions and make a serious change in myself. I want to be a better friend and person overall.

And to start, I want to sincerely apologize to this community for the trouble I have caused.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Re: Taking things too far

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:56 pm

Fuck yeah, said like a gentleman. Welcome back. :up:

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:57 pm

Thank you! Apology accepted. Bygones be bygones and all that.

Let's raise the level of dialogue together!
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:14 pm

ZephyrStar wrote:Fuck yeah, said like a gentleman. Welcome back. :up:
x2

Don't kick yourself too hard over it, but thanks for taking responsibility for yourself :up:
More than anything though, I just missed having you around. Be around more!
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:02 pm

What's a shitpost
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:18 pm

well, there's only a few ways a post can get covered in shit...

AMVGuide
Showcasing AMVs since 2014
Org Profile

Post by AMVGuide » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:56 pm

Yeah, I think we all have sides to us that we have a hard time controlling. Part of getting past it is recognizing what triggers things before they do get taken too far; and you've demonstrated that recognition just now. Is a post like this necessary? Well, if it helps you great :) but I've always believed this is all you need to know:
Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person you become. ~Jim Rohn
It takes a lot of courage to post something like this, so be proud of yourself ;)

Return to “General Discussion”