Suisei no Gargantia

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
TEKnician
Org Profile

Suisei no Gargantia

Post by TEKnician » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:32 pm

I KNEW there was another one!!!
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Re: Suisei no Gargantia

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:49 am

AimoAio wrote:Shoulda known he'd still be alive. I wonder if Ledo will tell him about his recent "findings"?
Weeeeellllll......
Spoiler :
Oto and I watched this and were debating, the idea that Kugel is actually dead came up. If you watch closely, it looks like Striker is the one calling all the shots. Why would Kugel not come out? He says because of a sickness of some kind, but why wouldn't Ledo question that? Also, it was Striker and not Kugel that gave Pinion the puzzle box, and has asked that Pinion become an officer. My guess is that humanity is not as in control as they think they are. Striker and Chamber are two different models of caliber machine as well. All we know is how Chamber behaves, and how he follows Ledo's orders, but higher up the command chain, what if it's different? Stuff is getting interesting :O

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:00 pm

Spoiler :
I doubt it works differently higher up the command chain, but there are a number of things that could be different here.

What I think is important about the "Kugel is dead" theory is that it leaves a way out of this for Ledo: if it's not his superior officer giving commands, then he has no obligation to follow them.

And hey, maybe we're totally wrong here :P But between Chamber's "HAL moment" last episode and Striker's "definition of happiness", I am pretty suspicious!
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:56 pm

What if Kugel was a squid? :shark:

pieetrr
Org Profile

Post by pieetrr » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:25 pm

Otohiko wrote:
Spoiler :
I doubt it works differently higher up the command chain, but there are a number of things that could be different here.

What I think is important about the "Kugel is dead" theory is that it leaves a way out of this for Ledo: if it's not his superior officer giving commands, then he has no obligation to follow them.

And hey, maybe we're totally wrong here :P But between Chamber's "HAL moment" last episode and Striker's "definition of happiness", I am pretty suspicious!

Nailed it

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:42 pm

Holy shitballs, this episode was amazing. From the epic camera angles to that twist in the end.
Spoiler :
I had a feeling he was dead cause of all the holograms, but it was still kinda freaky to see him shrivel up like that. I wonder how that happened though, even after months of starvation I doubt a body would just disappear. And why would his robot starve him like that? It seems so out of place for a robot to kill their pilot...unless he was dead since he landed on Earth? :uhoh:

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:01 pm

One of those stray lasers probably killed Amy.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:43 pm

I want to like Gargantia a lot (and I don't hate it) but I feel like Urobuchi's plot twist is just playing up stuff he's done before, but in a different story. And Pinion's a moron who shouldn't look good with his hair down god DAMNIT

However Ledo's and Amy's relationship is pretty dang adorable, I'll give it that. :oops:

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:23 pm

So the endcard for the last episode was by Ishikei. As it turns out from his twitter:
下1/3くらいトリミングされてます(笑) ダメだったみたいっっ
it looks like they cut it down to about one third of what the original image was due to the content. I wonder if we'll get the uncensored endcard on the Blu-rays? :rofl:

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:28 pm

Spoiler :
Fuck yeah Chamber. You were a true bro.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”