Hunter x Hunter (2011)

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Postby mirkosp » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:44 am

AniDB wrote:A remake of the original series with different staff and cast.

Gon is a youth who lives on Kujira Isle. His dream is to become a Hunter like his father, to search out lost treasures, artefacts, and mythical creatures.

Determined to become a professional Hunter willing to stake his life in challenging the unknown, he sets off on a journey and meets fellow Hunter wannabes Killua, Kurapika, and Leorio.
mirkosp
MODkip

Re: Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Postby Jasta85 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:15 pm

I really liked the first series, was hoping for a continuation

this take 2 is ok, definitely more for an audience with a shorter attention span though. Guess time will tell to see how it turns out, not sure if they are skimming through the early episodes because they assume the audience has already seen the first series or if they just want focus mainly on the action. the actual animation doesnt seem like it has taken any leaps or bounds since the old series, so pretty much holding judgement for another couple episodes to see what happens. just hope this finally does the chimera arc as that one is finally over (how many years did that one take to complete?)
Jasta85

Postby UpcomingDread » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:18 pm

I'm finding this very entertaining maybe because I didn't watch the original anime version so I don't have a clue what is going to happen next; yay me :mrgreen:
UpcomingDread

Postby pacotacoshell » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:51 am

Just saw some screens of the episode today and it seems they're on the bug arc! This is awesome, I might actually start watching the anime now. :up: |:>
pacotacoshell

Postby Jasta85 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:58 am

I've been waiting for this for sooooo long. I understand why they remade the whole series (to draw in people who hadn't seen the original) but honestly I've just been waiting for the chimera ant arc and the arcs after that.

What I am worried about is that the anime will catch up to the manga probably in year, maybe less, considering the author frequently goes on LONG hiatus's. The manga began in 1998 and has 340 chapters, one piece began at around the same time period (December 1997) and has 706 chapters. I hope he gets down to writing or this anime will have the same issue as the first one, lack of canon material to follow
Jasta85

Postby UpcomingDread » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:16 pm

Spoiler :
KITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UpcomingDread

Postby pieetrr » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:23 pm

So...yeah...why isn't this thread more active?
pieetrr

Postby Jasta85 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:32 pm

well, the manga has been on another hiatus (seriously, those breaks are way too long) so enthusiasm on that part may have cooled down.

I've been keeping up with the anime, but mostly been waiting for the truly awesome fights that are coming up (and those are still a ways off). I'm seriously going to fangasm all over the place when the phantom troops goes up against zaza's ant nest.
Jasta85

Postby Eake4 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:21 am

Its a really tough waiting game every week for a new episode :(
Eake4
Australian Zeus

Postby Jasta85 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:59 pm

ok, for those fans of this series who have been hibernating, the episode next week is the spiders vrs zaza's chimera ants, REALLY looking forward to this series of fights, hope they make them good.
Jasta85

Postby FarmXD » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:29 am

Reaching 100 episodes this week!! Hope
they animate the saga after the ants too!
FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!

Postby FarmXD » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:05 am

I'm enjoying this so much Dx
Also, new ending is great
FarmXD

Postby Jasta85 » Wed May 28, 2014 8:35 am

Holy crap, a new chapter for the manga just came out today, the last chapter was released back in early 2012!!! I love this series but the fricking hiatus's drives me nuts. this series started in 1998, and it has less chapters than fairy tail, which started in 2006, that should give you an idea of how many breaks the author takes.
Jasta85

Postby FarmXD » Wed May 28, 2014 10:44 am

Oh....my...god...I thought it would be back in june...yesterday the massacre in the anime and now this...best week ever.
FarmXD

Postby Chiikaboom » Wed May 28, 2014 4:05 pm

Why this series doesn't have a massive following is beyond me.

Probably the most well written shonen series I've ever seen. For me, Gon is probably the most unique protagonist in the genre and I love him to pieces.

Spoiler :
Granted the abomination Gon turns into is still something I refuse to acknowledge, as much as it makes sense given the logic in the series. >>;;
Image Image
Chiikaboom
fecking glorious! desu~

Next

Return to Anime Series Discussion