Hunter x Hunter (2011)

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Post by mirkosp » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:44 am

AniDB wrote:A remake of the original series with different staff and cast.

Gon is a youth who lives on Kujira Isle. His dream is to become a Hunter like his father, to search out lost treasures, artefacts, and mythical creatures.

Determined to become a professional Hunter willing to stake his life in challenging the unknown, he sets off on a journey and meets fellow Hunter wannabes Killua, Kurapika, and Leorio.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:15 pm

I really liked the first series, was hoping for a continuation

this take 2 is ok, definitely more for an audience with a shorter attention span though. Guess time will tell to see how it turns out, not sure if they are skimming through the early episodes because they assume the audience has already seen the first series or if they just want focus mainly on the action. the actual animation doesnt seem like it has taken any leaps or bounds since the old series, so pretty much holding judgement for another couple episodes to see what happens. just hope this finally does the chimera arc as that one is finally over (how many years did that one take to complete?)

UpcomingDread
Org Profile

Post by UpcomingDread » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:18 pm

I'm finding this very entertaining maybe because I didn't watch the original anime version so I don't have a clue what is going to happen next; yay me :mrgreen:

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:51 am

Just saw some screens of the episode today and it seems they're on the bug arc! This is awesome, I might actually start watching the anime now. :up: |:>

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:58 am

I've been waiting for this for sooooo long. I understand why they remade the whole series (to draw in people who hadn't seen the original) but honestly I've just been waiting for the chimera ant arc and the arcs after that.

What I am worried about is that the anime will catch up to the manga probably in year, maybe less, considering the author frequently goes on LONG hiatus's. The manga began in 1998 and has 340 chapters, one piece began at around the same time period (December 1997) and has 706 chapters. I hope he gets down to writing or this anime will have the same issue as the first one, lack of canon material to follow

UpcomingDread
Org Profile

Post by UpcomingDread » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:16 pm

Spoiler :
KITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pieetrr
Org Profile

Post by pieetrr » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:23 pm

So...yeah...why isn't this thread more active?

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:32 pm

well, the manga has been on another hiatus (seriously, those breaks are way too long) so enthusiasm on that part may have cooled down.

I've been keeping up with the anime, but mostly been waiting for the truly awesome fights that are coming up (and those are still a ways off). I'm seriously going to fangasm all over the place when the phantom troops goes up against zaza's ant nest.

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:21 am

Its a really tough waiting game every week for a new episode :(

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:59 pm

ok, for those fans of this series who have been hibernating, the episode next week is the spiders vrs zaza's chimera ants, REALLY looking forward to this series of fights, hope they make them good.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”