Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - WINNERS POSTED!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Cyrix
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - FINALISTS POSTED!

Post by Cyrix » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:51 am

And we'll all have to miss Hentai Worth Watching for the AMV contest... :uhoh:

Cyrix
Org Profile

Post by Cyrix » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:04 pm

Last year there was a roped off section for creators at the front of the rescreen and awards; is that something we aren't going to have this year? That was the impression I got from the email. I know the section was pretty empty last year so maybe it was seen as a waste of seats.

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:58 pm

Cyrix wrote:Last year there was a roped off section for creators at the front of the rescreen and awards; is that something we aren't going to have this year? That was the impression I got from the email. I know the section was pretty empty last year so maybe it was seen as a waste of seats.
There will be a separate AMV creator section this year.

As for any empty seats, this year I was smarter about it. I counted the number of local entrants (on the assumption they will be attending) and multiplied by 3 (for any companions a creator wants to join them). should be enough, unless we get a lot of non-local AMV attendees... in which case “aww crap."
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

Tsu
Org Profile

Post by Tsu » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:29 pm

xstylus wrote:
Cyrix wrote:Last year there was a roped off section for creators at the front of the rescreen and awards; is that something we aren't going to have this year? That was the impression I got from the email. I know the section was pretty empty last year so maybe it was seen as a waste of seats.
There will be a separate AMV creator section this year.

As for any empty seats, this year I was smarter about it. I counted the number of local entrants (on the assumption they will be attending) and multiplied by 3 (for any companions a creator wants to join them). should be enough, unless we get a lot of non-local AMV attendees... in which case “aww crap."
I think it said in the e-mail that the stamp on the badges will only get the actual editor in to the rescreening/award special seats, and not guests... is that the case? I'm a little confused by this post.

On the subject, is there usually a huge turnout for the awards/rescreening? Just wondering how soon my friends should line up if they want to attend.

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:42 pm

foenanko wrote:I think it said in the e-mail that the stamp on the badges will only get the actual editor in to the rescreening/award special seats, and not guests... is that the case? I'm a little confused by this post.

On the subject, is there usually a huge turnout for the awards/rescreening? Just wondering how soon my friends should line up if they want to attend.
That's correct, but there's more that ya'll should probably know...

ATTENTION TO ALL AMV CREATORS ATTENDING ANIME EXPO:

1) Badge stamps will be given to ONE person only. I cannot provide them to companions/significant-others/friends. This also means that if you submitted as part of a team, you need to pick which ONE of you gets that stamp.

2) Badge stamps are a "Front-of-Line" privilege, not a "Guaranteed Entry" privilege. The Fire Martial is being gestapo this year, so if the room is full, you will absolutely not be allowed in under any circumstances until there is a seat available. There will not be standing room. You're either seated, or you're not in the room.

3) Even though you have a badge stamp, AX "Premier Fan" badge holders might still have priority over you. I'm still working on that though.

4) The AMV Room will be cleared between each activity. Those of you who intended to camp in the room, sorry, though for what it's worth I honestly I don't know how bad the lines for the various AMV activities will be though, so HOPEFULLY this won't be too big of a problem most of the time (though AMV Chef and some of the interactive activities will blow the doors off).

5) Word to the wise for the AMV re-screening: Even though you have a badge stamp, get in line early. Very early. 8:30am early. You can bet that since the AMV competition is already sold out of all 3350 seats (and WELL in advance of Masq) on a slow paced Thursday, you can bet that there will probably be a huge turnout fighting for 800 seats on a busy Saturday.

I'm doing the best I can to get you guys as many perks regarding AMV activities as possible. I'll keep you updated as I have more info.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

Cyrix
Org Profile

Post by Cyrix » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:40 pm

I didnt even know the contest was using online ticketing -_- . They didnt actually cost money did they?

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:42 pm

Cyrix wrote:I didnt even know the contest was using online ticketing -_- . They didnt actually cost money did they?
Nope. They were free.

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:42 pm

^
Is this for the rescreening or the initial AMV contest on Thursday? Just want to get that cleared up...^^

Also, I'm not premiere, but do disabled have the same priority or no? Just curious.

And online ticketing? Where do we pick them up then...?

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:47 pm

Kazemon15 wrote:^
Is this for the rescreening or the initial AMV contest on Thursday? Just want to get that cleared up...^^
The badge stamps are primarily for the re-screening and the AMV room. But again, I can't emphasize this enough, be there early.
Also, I'm not premiere, but do disabled have the same priority or no? Just curious.
ADA attendees pwn all. So yes, disabled would have priority regardless of the activity.
And online ticketing? Where do we pick them up then...?
Please read the email that was sent to you. It explains where to pick up your AMV tickets. (Hint: Same way we've always done for creators.) |:>

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:57 pm

Ooh okay, I didn't check my email for a few days. Thanks for clearing that up. ^^

Return to “AMV Contests”