Image Image

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Re: Opinions

Post by Kionon » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:31 pm

Thanks, Taite!

Did you want a response? You credited me for things which were in the source material, and there were a few things I did intentionally which you seemed to think were mistakes (which in retrospect, they might have been! But they were definitely intentional editing decisions).

And you can watch the entire series on YouTube from Nozomi, or you can buy the series from Lucky Penny.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:41 am

Yeah, sure! All, feel free to respond to any questions/comments I've given you if you'd like to clarify things to me or have me clarify anything I've said. And sweet, thank you (:
Image Image

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:26 am

The opening part of the AMV (after the initial drum intro, like first two seconds, I chose random scenes across the 11 episodes) was actually the opening of the anime itself. I cut it up and sped parts of it up in order to maximise sync both external and internal, but you're definitely right, it was an opening sequence.

I also agree with you that the first minute or so is particularly strong compared to the rest of the video. There are two reasons for that; the first is that the portion which was stronger was edited prior to godix's death, and he was my main beta tester. I think I really missed his input in the second half of the video. The second reason is that as I continued to edit, with 11 episodes only and long, slow, static scenes, I began to run out of footage. By the end of the video (and on a convention deadline no less, but as you see, I took two awards out of the four conventions to which I sent it) I was really fighting to to finish the timeline.

I should have gotten rid of the black border on the blur. The blur beat is the only beat of that type in the entire song, so therefore, only one blur. The white flashes were not orphan frames or improperly rendered crossfades, they were intentional. I actually had more, but Ellen (MoonlightSoldier) successfully argued me out of keeping several of them. Perhaps I should have dispensed with all.

Also, the transition from the snow to the flowers is the actual end of the last episode. Again, I just edited it a bit and tweaked the speed to have it match the tempo of the song.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:45 pm

Really? You tricked me! Nevertheless, still fits, as with the ending. The slight manipulation makes it fit very well, so it's pretty clever/lucky.
And ahh mk, makes complete sense. And yes, congrats on that (:
Yes, those look a bit iffy, but I don't think it's enough to detract a lot from the amv, just some little errors to be mindful of I suppose.
Image Image

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:03 am

Very nice and objective opinion, thanks Taite! :up:
ImageImage

CacoVenom
Org Profile

Post by CacoVenom » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:52 pm

thanks for your opinion Taite

[key]Scarlet
the world that never was
Org Profile

Post by [key]Scarlet » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:42 pm

Hey, it's me again! Do you think you can write something for this one? :ying:

However, feel free to go to my profile and leave all the opinions you want! :rofl:

Return to “Works in Progress”