Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - WINNERS POSTED!

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - FINALISTS POSTED!

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:29 pm

Creator Splotlights are 15 minutes slots of time that creators get a change to show of some of thier works and say a few words in the AMV room. The slots are within two blocks of tome, one on Thursday and the other on Friday.. At this point, they are all filled up

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
AX 2012 - 2014 AMV Assistant Manager
AWA Atlanta 2011-2014 VAT Programming Head
Otafest 2012 - 2014 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 11 - 21 AMV Coordinator
Vlad G Pohnert

Postby BxP101 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:06 am

TOTALLY LATE (cause I ish lazyyy) BUTTTTTTTTT.....
Wooot!! So happy to make it as a finalist!! 8DD It's my first time entering this contest and my first time attending a con! @___@

I'm kinda confused as to how things work lol I've been following everything in the thread & some things make sense and some things....don't lolz I also feel like I'm gonna get soo lost trying to find places I should be hahahaha XDD
I know it'll be a lot of fun though! So I can't wait! ^__^

Oh and congrats to all the other finalists as well!!!! 8D
BxP101

Postby XStylus » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:47 pm

BxP101 wrote:TOTALLY LATE (cause I ish lazyyy) BUTTTTTTTTT.....
Wooot!! So happy to make it as a finalist!! 8DD It's my first time entering this contest and my first time attending a con! @___@

I'm kinda confused as to how things work lol I've been following everything in the thread & some things make sense and some things....don't lolz I also feel like I'm gonna get soo lost trying to find places I should be hahahaha XDD

I'll be sending out an email to all the finalists (and non-finalists) giving them instructions on where everything's at in regards to AMV activities, so don't worry. If you've bought your badge and you'll be at con, there'll be a seat waiting at the competition with your fellow AMV creators. :)
Sakura Con 2014 - AMV Assistant Coordinator
Anime Expo 2014 - AMV Events Manager

"No margin for error." -Pwolf
"Darkness... is... coming." BZZZT!!! [Crowd ROFLs] -Yuusharo's vid as the power went out.
"Lol! Okay, some margin for error." -Pwolf
XStylus

Postby XStylus » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:07 pm

The AX2013 Programming Schedule is now up, which includes the various activities happening in the AMV Room this year. :)

http://www.anime-expo.org/assets/2013/0 ... hedule.pdf

"Darkness... is... coming." BZZZT!!! [Crowd ROFLs] -Yuusharo's vid as the power went out.
XStylus

Postby Rider4Z » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:09 pm

BxP101 wrote:TOTALLY LATE (cause I ish lazyyy) BUTTTTTTTTT.....

congrats man |:> also be sure to check out the editor's Meet & Greet dinner viewtopic.php?f=8&t=112422
Image Image
Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
Rider4Z
Pirate King

Postby Castor Troy » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:41 pm

Yay! None of my events conflict!

Although I'll have to leave after my creator spotlight for the Mega64 panel. Apologies for not catching the ones after mine!
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:36 pm

Castor Troy wrote:Yay! None of my events conflict!

Although I'll have to leave after my creator spotlight for the Mega64 panel. Apologies for not catching the ones after mine!

Yea,, right.... no one is good enough for ya anymore :P
Vlad G Pohnert

Postby Rider4Z » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:01 pm

Castor Troy wrote:Yay! None of my events conflict!

i'm gonna miss the blue exorcist movie to be at chef. so quitcher bitchin.
Image Image
Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
Rider4Z
Pirate King

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:33 pm

:cry: (Violins playing) :cry: :cry:

Oh stop it you too...

You should be in the AMV room at all times, There is no other programming that even come close to it |:>

Vlad
Vlad G Pohnert

Postby SerialStorm » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:06 am

Congratulations to everyone who made it into the competition and pre-show. Guess I'll have to try all that harder next year!
SerialStorm

Postby Cyrix » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:51 am

And we'll all have to miss Hentai Worth Watching for the AMV contest... :uhoh:
Cyrix

Postby Cyrix » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:04 pm

Last year there was a roped off section for creators at the front of the rescreen and awards; is that something we aren't going to have this year? That was the impression I got from the email. I know the section was pretty empty last year so maybe it was seen as a waste of seats.
Cyrix

Postby XStylus » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:58 pm

Cyrix wrote:Last year there was a roped off section for creators at the front of the rescreen and awards; is that something we aren't going to have this year? That was the impression I got from the email. I know the section was pretty empty last year so maybe it was seen as a waste of seats.

There will be a separate AMV creator section this year.

As for any empty seats, this year I was smarter about it. I counted the number of local entrants (on the assumption they will be attending) and multiplied by 3 (for any companions a creator wants to join them). should be enough, unless we get a lot of non-local AMV attendees... in which case “aww crap."

XStylus

Postby Tsu » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:29 pm

xstylus wrote:
Cyrix wrote:Last year there was a roped off section for creators at the front of the rescreen and awards; is that something we aren't going to have this year? That was the impression I got from the email. I know the section was pretty empty last year so maybe it was seen as a waste of seats.

There will be a separate AMV creator section this year.

As for any empty seats, this year I was smarter about it. I counted the number of local entrants (on the assumption they will be attending) and multiplied by 3 (for any companions a creator wants to join them). should be enough, unless we get a lot of non-local AMV attendees... in which case “aww crap."

I think it said in the e-mail that the stamp on the badges will only get the actual editor in to the rescreening/award special seats, and not guests... is that the case? I'm a little confused by this post.

On the subject, is there usually a huge turnout for the awards/rescreening? Just wondering how soon my friends should line up if they want to attend.
Tsu

Postby XStylus » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:42 pm

foenanko wrote:I think it said in the e-mail that the stamp on the badges will only get the actual editor in to the rescreening/award special seats, and not guests... is that the case? I'm a little confused by this post.

On the subject, is there usually a huge turnout for the awards/rescreening? Just wondering how soon my friends should line up if they want to attend.

That's correct, but there's more that ya'll should probably know...

ATTENTION TO ALL AMV CREATORS ATTENDING ANIME EXPO:

1) Badge stamps will be given to ONE person only. I cannot provide them to companions/significant-others/friends. This also means that if you submitted as part of a team, you need to pick which ONE of you gets that stamp.

2) Badge stamps are a "Front-of-Line" privilege, not a "Guaranteed Entry" privilege. The Fire Martial is being gestapo this year, so if the room is full, you will absolutely not be allowed in under any circumstances until there is a seat available. There will not be standing room. You're either seated, or you're not in the room.

3) Even though you have a badge stamp, AX "Premier Fan" badge holders might still have priority over you. I'm still working on that though.

4) The AMV Room will be cleared between each activity. Those of you who intended to camp in the room, sorry, though for what it's worth I honestly I don't know how bad the lines for the various AMV activities will be though, so HOPEFULLY this won't be too big of a problem most of the time (though AMV Chef and some of the interactive activities will blow the doors off).

5) Word to the wise for the AMV re-screening: Even though you have a badge stamp, get in line early. Very early. 8:30am early. You can bet that since the AMV competition is already sold out of all 3350 seats (and WELL in advance of Masq) on a slow paced Thursday, you can bet that there will probably be a huge turnout fighting for 800 seats on a busy Saturday.

I'm doing the best I can to get you guys as many perks regarding AMV activities as possible. I'll keep you updated as I have more info.

XStylus

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests