Animepaper.net

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
AtheistPreacher
Org Profile

Animepaper.net

Post by AtheistPreacher » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:17 am

Sorry to post here about this, but I'm not a part of any other anime-related sites, so I wasn't sure where to go with this.

I've been a member of AnimePaper.Net (and this site, too) since 2006, and recently they posted this message:
Greetings,

After over decade running AP we've made the tough decision to suspend normal operation of the site for the near future. Sadly there aren't enough hours in the day and it was time to make a decision on what to spend our efforts on. It's a pivotal time for our other project right now and we do not have the focus, manpower or system resources to run everything we have got right now.

We'd like to thank the community for their support over the past decade. It's been a pleasure.

Pro users may still log in below. We are no longer accepting new registrations.

Best,
AP Staff
Unfortunately, the site has no forums and doesn't even provide a way to contact the site's staff (unless I'm missing it somehow). What I'm wondering is, what the heck does the above actually mean? Is the whole site shutting down soon? Can people no longer post new work? Will it remain there indefinitely as an archive?

Sorry, I know it's weird to post on here to ask about another site. There's no particular reason anyone here should know any more than me, but I'm hoping someone does anyway. Any help on finding out what's going on over there would be appreciated.

catgod
cat stalker
Org Profile

Re: Animepaper.net

Post by catgod » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:42 am

they got a twitter, maybs you can tweet them
do you even kininarimasu!?
http://shitstirspearesays.tumblr.com/

AtheistPreacher
Org Profile

Post by AtheistPreacher » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:36 am

chit wrote:they got a twitter, maybs you can tweet them
Yeah, I saw. They haven't tweeted anything since October last year. :?

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:43 pm

what even is...?
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

AtheistPreacher
Org Profile

Post by AtheistPreacher » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:24 pm

hasteroth wrote:what even is...?
What's the site about? It's devoted to anime wallpapers and scans. They have over 20,000 wallpapers and 200,000 scans on there.

Here's one of my favorite walls (if non-members can even see the page anymore, I'm not sure):

http://www.animepaper.net/art/41391/the-last-breath

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:56 pm

no we can't
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:38 am

Aw, that's sad to hear...I used to frequent there and actually contributed quite a few scans and stuff back in the early 2000's. I guess I ended up going to 4ch /w/ more often though since there's always good stuff popping up there. Still, sad to see them go.

milkmandan
Org Profile

Post by milkmandan » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:17 am

AtheistPreacher wrote: Unfortunately, the site has no forums and doesn't even provide a way to contact the site's staff (unless I'm missing it somehow). What I'm wondering is, what the heck does the above actually mean? Is the whole site shutting down soon? Can people no longer post new work? Will it remain there indefinitely as an archive?
ouch, AP was a great place to get wallpapers and scans :(
I would be interested in knowing their status as well. As a pro user I am still able to login and view all the content there.
Nothing has really changed, except for the fact that no new content has been posted.
Image Image

AtheistPreacher
Org Profile

Post by AtheistPreacher » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:43 pm

milkmandan wrote:
AtheistPreacher wrote: Unfortunately, the site has no forums and doesn't even provide a way to contact the site's staff (unless I'm missing it somehow). What I'm wondering is, what the heck does the above actually mean? Is the whole site shutting down soon? Can people no longer post new work? Will it remain there indefinitely as an archive?
ouch, AP was a great place to get wallpapers and scans :(
I would be interested in knowing their status as well. As a pro user I am still able to login and view all the content there.
Nothing has really changed, except for the fact that no new content has been posted.
Yeah... of course, no new content sucks all on its own. Hopefully some other site will take over where they left off. But the most pressing question for me is if and when they will actually take down the site and all of its content. If so, I feel like I should put aside time to browse through the entire sight (or as much as I'm able, I'll never have time to look at all 200,000+ scans) so I can save as much as I can before it's gone.

SeNniN
Org Profile

Post by SeNniN » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:49 am

I just found out and its weird that they went down all of a sudden. If i had known earlier, then I would have grabbed my wallpapers, damit. Wish the admin would let us login to save w.e we can... I had around 10 wallpapers on it. >.<

Return to “General Discussion”