Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - WINNERS POSTED!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
XStylus
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - FINALISTS POSTED!

Post by XStylus » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:34 am

Cyrix wrote:Which one is the main events hall again? Is that the one we had the awards rescreening in last year?
Last year, Main Events was in Hall G of the convention center. This year it is in Hall B, which is a bit larger. The room where we had the re-screening last year was the Concourse Hall, which was about 2000 seats. For this year though, Concourse has been split into three parts and is being used for other programming functions, so the re-screening will take place in Video Room 1, which is just under 1000 seats.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

reigngoddess
Org Profile

Post by reigngoddess » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:58 am

I keep coming back here to say congrats to the finalists, but then I catch up on the comments, chuckle, and then go away forgetting to comment. This thread is quite entertaining. :lol:

ProjectTwinsAMV
Org Profile

Post by ProjectTwinsAMV » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:42 pm

xstylus wrote:On Sunday (the final day of con) there is a 3hr block in the AMV room where we'll be showing the "Best of the Non-Finalists".

Obviously, since it's only a 3hr block and we certainly have more than 3hrs of great videos, we'll have to make some tough choices on what we'll be playing. However, we will give extra preference to locals and entrants who will be attending AX.

If you've entered the competition, reside out-of-state, and are attending AX, please let us know immediately, and we'll do our best to fit at least one of your entries in.

I entered the competition and from out of state and attending AX. Do I count :shock:
2015 - 2023 AMV Saboten Con AMV Manager
2019 - 2020 Kikori Con AMV Manager

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:53 pm

StephenMcC56 wrote:I entered the competition and from out of state and attending AX. Do I count :shock:
Yep!
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:25 pm

xstylus wrote:
The AMV room is a 300-seat room at a 50,000 person convention. Do the math. For certain high-interest activities in that room, people will need to line up in advance to get in. Also, room camping won't be an option because the uppers have instructed us to clear the room between activities (we'll be "flexible" on how we apply that, but if there's a big line waiting to get in to the next activity, we'll have to). So, those of you who were planning to spend a large chunk of their time in the room, please keep this in mind
soooo, I'll have to wait long lines then.. RIGHT ON! :D

OH WAIT.. I'm stuck in the room all weekend running things... All you others are SOOO lucky |:>

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

ProjectTwinsAMV
Org Profile

Post by ProjectTwinsAMV » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:27 pm

xstylus wrote:
StephenMcC56 wrote:I entered the competition and from out of state and attending AX. Do I count :shock:
Yep!

YEHA!!! :mrgreen:
2015 - 2023 AMV Saboten Con AMV Manager
2019 - 2020 Kikori Con AMV Manager

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:50 pm

xstylus wrote: The AMV room is a 300-seat room at a 50,000 person convention. Do the math. For certain high-interest activities in that room, people will need to line up in advance to get in. Also, room camping won't be an option because the uppers have instructed us to clear the room between activities (we'll be "flexible" on how we apply that, but if there's a big line waiting to get in to the next activity, we'll have to). So, those of you who were planning to spend a large chunk of their time in the room, please keep this in mind
[/quote]

How will this work for the AMV spotlight then, do we just come as that block starts and say "Yo, I'm a creator"?

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:02 pm

Hagaren Viper wrote:How will this work for the AMV spotlight then, do we just come as that block starts and say "Yo, I'm a creator"?
There is a plan in place. It will be mentioned in a mass email sent to all entrants, since they will need to come to the AMV Room to pick up their ticket to the competition.

If you weren't an entrant but are doing a spotlight this year, msg me.

machina21
Org Profile

Post by machina21 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:30 pm

xstylus wrote:
Cyrix wrote:Which one is the main events hall again? Is that the one we had the awards rescreening in last year?
Last year, Main Events was in Hall G of the convention center. This year it is in Hall B, which is a bit larger. The room where we had the re-screening last year was the Concourse Hall, which was about 2000 seats. For this year though, Concourse has been split into three parts and is being used for other programming functions, so the re-screening will take place in Video Room 1, which is just under 1000 seats.
I really liked that room. Shame we can't use it again this year.
"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere."

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:48 pm

Hagaren Viper wrote:
xstylus wrote: The AMV room is a 300-seat room at a 50,000 person convention. Do the math. For certain high-interest activities in that room, people will need to line up in advance to get in. Also, room camping won't be an option because the uppers have instructed us to clear the room between activities (we'll be "flexible" on how we apply that, but if there's a big line waiting to get in to the next activity, we'll have to). So, those of you who were planning to spend a large chunk of their time in the room, please keep this in mind
How will this work for the AMV spotlight then, do we just come as that block starts and say "Yo, I'm a creator"?[/quote]

Oh, you'll get in for that easy! I'll probably let them know we got our creator scomkign and give them a list too...

VLad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Return to “AMV Contests”