Manga subforum?

Tonstar
Org Profile

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin (manga)

Post by Tonstar » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:35 pm

Just a question: Shouldn't a whole seperate section be made for the manga posts, maybe "Manga Discussion" or something, seeing as this section is "Anime Series Discussion"? Or possibly changing the name of this section, "Anime/Manga Discussion"?

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin (manga)

Post by mirkosp » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:04 am

Tonstar wrote:Just a question: Shouldn't a whole seperate section be made for the manga posts, maybe "Manga Discussion" or something, seeing as this section is "Anime Series Discussion"? Or possibly changing the name of this section, "Anime/Manga Discussion"?
This is currently a test run to see the interest in manga threads. I personally cannot do changes to sections, unfortunately. A section of its own would make more sense due to the space the topics would take up, but only if there indeed is the user activity to warrant it.

[Posts moved.]

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Re: Manga subforum?

Post by 8bit_samurai » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:14 am

Yeah, I didn't see a problem with the manga being discussed in the same thread as the anime it's adapted from, but I guess the problem with that is discerning between the manga spoilers apart from the anime spoilers. I'd imagine it would probably be better with a manga subforum, seeing all the space the manga threads take place (then again the thread on the bottom of the page hadn't had activity for about a month and Hunter x Hunter, the one that would've been on the bottom of the page without the manga threads had no activity for almost two months), plus there might be some manga that would want to be discussed that doesn't have an anime adaption yet. I guess the worst case scenario would be another dead subforum such as anime screencaps.
Under Construction

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Re: Manga subforum?

Post by Kionon » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:00 pm

I'll offer one question: what about manga which doesn't have anime? There's a lot of it. Most of the manga I read these days doesn't have anime. And in the case of Aoi Hana and Hourou Musuko, the anime are super thin slices of really, really long series. Hourou Musuko's anime is pretty much a middle section, and Aoi Hana is like less than the first third of the manga.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”