/me looks at his boxes

I miss my shelves.... :cry:
ImageImageImageImage

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: HD question

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:45 pm

mirkosp wrote:As ngsilver already pointed out, asking what you did is against the forum rules. Please avoid going any further with this if you don't want to be sanctioned.
You are expected to buy the sources you plan to use, whenever possible.
Oh for the day when "banned without warning for such posts" was a thing that actually happened.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:23 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
mirkosp wrote:As ngsilver already pointed out, asking what you did is against the forum rules. Please avoid going any further with this if you don't want to be sanctioned.
You are expected to buy the sources you plan to use, whenever possible.
Oh for the day when "banned without warning for such posts" was a thing that actually happened.
I do think that banning without warning is in bad taste unless there are EXTREME reasons to do it. You're just going to alienate the user whom won't come back to the community. A warn and then ban at second strike is more likely to make the user think about his actions and go towards the right path in order to avoid being actually banned.
Then again, this is my personal opinion through moderating experience in this and other forums, but seeing how the specific rule had never been enforced prior to my joining the moderation here, I don't feel bad for not enforcing it as strictly as the rule says; I personally think the rule is mostly there to give us the power and entitlement to take action whenever needed, but it's best not to abuse of it.

AceD
I AM THE BEST
Org Profile

Post by AceD » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:33 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:What's wrong with buying anime and supporting the industry?

Quoted Image converted to link:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 4351_n.jpg

We've got no problem doing it.
The huge problem at the moment is for people who don't watch dubs, fansubbers do a better job at releasing anime than any Japanese disk we could buy. When you consider typesetting, styling etc. Then on top of that -- it's free.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:24 am

Yue wrote:
AceD wrote:We've got no problem doing it.
The huge problem at the moment is for people who don't watch dubs, fansubbers do a better job at releasing anime than any Japanese disk we could buy. When you consider typesetting, styling etc. Then on top of that -- it's free.
Crunchyroll and other such streaming services would like a word with you. The bit of it being free is a whole other can of worms.

I don't think this thread is going anywhere good.

AceD
I AM THE BEST
Org Profile

Post by AceD » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:14 am

Hagaren Viper wrote:
Yue wrote:
AceD wrote:We've got no problem doing it.
Crunchyroll and other such streaming services would like a word with you. The bit of it being free is a whole other can of worms.

I don't think this thread is going anywhere good.
You do realise CR has no typesetting in it's releases, and it's a stream....again, weaker releases than elsewhere.....

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:01 pm

AceD wrote: You do realise CR has no typesetting in it's releases, and it's a stream....again, weaker releases than elsewhere.....
Yeah, which is fine since you don't need typesetting. And it's a stream... duh, you're either not paying for it in general or paying the small fee for hd. You're not entitled to a file unless you actually pay for something. Crunchy is perfectly watchable as is. And on top of that -- it's free. :roll:

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:11 pm

I watch all new anime on Hulu .-.

We have Hulu Plus so we can watch it on our 360 and PS3 and it updates with new anime within a few days of it coming out in Japan. Then again, Hulu is also available online for free, just without the full library :P

I know the certain countries have certain blocks in place but to that I say STOP HATIN' FREEDOM AND MOVE TO 'MURICA. :awesome:

AceD
I AM THE BEST
Org Profile

Post by AceD » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:47 pm

Hagaren Viper wrote:
AceD wrote: You do realise CR has no typesetting in it's releases, and it's a stream....again, weaker releases than elsewhere.....
Yeah, which is fine since you don't need typesetting.
Bakemonogatari? Maria Holic Alive? no typesetting needed?

bwahahahaha. If you say so.

Return to “General Anime”