Otakon and AnimeUSA 2013 GigaThread!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Jefferys
Org Profile

Re: Otakon and AnimeUSA 2013 GigaThread!

Post by Jefferys » Thu May 16, 2013 2:47 pm

Jefferson Eng - As heard on the Otaku Generation podcast
http://twitter.com/jeffersoneng | https://www.facebook.com/JeffersonEng
Tom Servo: Oh, they're flying into a Roger Dean album cover.
Crow T. Robot: They're very into Yes on this planet.

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Thu May 16, 2013 2:51 pm

Ossum |:>

Magicflier
Org Profile

Post by Magicflier » Mon May 27, 2013 4:28 pm

I have a question...

One of my amvs have the credits and video title that I edited into as a part of it. Would it still be disqualified?
It's not like a bumper, or a lead-in intro/outro, but rather part of the audio track that I've used. :uhoh:

VicBond007
Org Profile

Post by VicBond007 » Mon May 27, 2013 6:05 pm

This is fine. The only credits that would get cut is "extra" stuff that was tacked on before/after the video started/ended. I'm not against giving credit to artists and whatnot, but I am against burning valuable seconds.
Magicflier wrote:I have a question...

One of my amvs have the credits and video title that I edited into as a part of it. Would it still be disqualified?
It's not like a bumper, or a lead-in intro/outro, but rather part of the audio track that I've used. :uhoh:
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

Anicsi
Org Profile

Post by Anicsi » Fri May 31, 2013 7:05 pm

Wow, it's this time of the year again. Ahhh, time sure flies, I wanted to make a new video for this occasion, but I guess an older one will have to do...
VicBond007 wrote:This is fine. The only credits that would get cut is "extra" stuff that was tacked on before/after the video started/ended. I'm not against giving credit to artists and whatnot, but I am against burning valuable seconds.
Magicflier wrote:I have a question...

Sort of same question as Bryan. But in my case it's like the last 5 seconds as the song fades out. You could probably cut it off before, but it'd look/sound not so nice. Should I cut those seconds off anyway, or send you the original file and you'll cut it off if it's not good when you convert it? I have both versions, but the non-cut off is better quality.

VicBond007
Org Profile

Post by VicBond007 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:08 pm

Anicsi wrote:Sort of same question as Bryan. But in my case it's like the last 5 seconds as the song fades out. You could probably cut it off before, but it'd look/sound not so nice. Should I cut those seconds off anyway, or send you the original file and you'll cut it off if it's not good when you convert it? I have both versions, but the non-cut off is better quality.
Same situation. If it's part of the song, you're not using up any unnecessary time, so you're fine. Credits aren't necessary because we do the title cards before each entry, but if you can't remove them without awkwardly cutting off the existing song's audio, then go ahead and leave them in.
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

Kyssifur
Org Profile

Post by Kyssifur » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:54 pm

entered
we are awesome

Anicsi
Org Profile

Post by Anicsi » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:26 am

VicBond007 wrote: Same situation. If it's part of the song, you're not using up any unnecessary time, so you're fine. Credits aren't necessary because we do the title cards before each entry, but if you can't remove them without awkwardly cutting off the existing song's audio, then go ahead and leave them in.
Oh, that is good, then. I got a confirmation e-mail, but in the form, I wrote the length of the cut-off video. I'd rather use the other one, though, because it's a bit awkward and the quality really is better. Is there going to be a problem if I upload the video via ftp and the length doesn't match the one I specified in the video form?
Thanks, and sorry for the trouble!

VicBond007
Org Profile

Post by VicBond007 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:20 pm

Anicsi wrote: Oh, that is good, then. I got a confirmation e-mail, but in the form, I wrote the length of the cut-off video. I'd rather use the other one, though, because it's a bit awkward and the quality really is better. Is there going to be a problem if I upload the video via ftp and the length doesn't match the one I specified in the video form?
Thanks, and sorry for the trouble!
Let me know the length of the video that you uploaded, and I will change it on your form. It is important because we use it to time what plays when :)

Anicsi
Org Profile

Post by Anicsi » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:30 pm

VicBond007 wrote:
Let me know the length of the video that you uploaded, and I will change it on your form. It is important because we use it to time what plays when :)
Awesome, thanks! The length is 3:52, and the video is 'If I Never', under the same name as here :) I still haven't uploaded it, been so busy, but I'll do that tomorrow.

Return to “AMV Contests”