Single anime AMVs?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Re: Single anime AMVs?

Post by JudgeHolden » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:19 am

AMVGuide wrote:Personally, I enjoy single anime AMVs quite a bit as it maintains focus instead of hopping around too much.

But why so much multi-anime AMVs? Well... I think it's probably easier to find pretty clips from a range of sources. And people these days place such high priority on the pretty looking clips. Should they? Well... that's up to the goal of the editor. But to me, it makes sense, as most editors are young, and don't wish to make any more connections between the anime and music aside from pretty sound + pretty visual.

So... my answer is based Pretty. Yup. Is there anything wrong with that? Not really, but I think it helps explain the trend.
Phan! Why you gots to confuse me with new name? :nono:

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:18 am

OropherZero wrote:Soooooo, not sure if it's just me but I notice that there are not a lot of new vids now which just focus on one anime series. Is there a reason why so many vids now are multi-anime ones?
I like using a single source because it allows me to focus on a small set of characters and develop them more.

AMVGuide
Showcasing AMVs since 2014
Org Profile

Post by AMVGuide » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:31 pm

JudgeHolden wrote:Phan! Why you gots to confuse me with new name? :nono:
Hey JH :) The name change was long overdue. (For those that didn't see my post in the name change thread, I was that Phantasmagoriat guy...) I don't really make AMVs anymore; so now I'm focusing more on promoting mah blog: http://AMVGuide.blogspot.ca/

It's the same tactic used by a lot of big companies to promote a name. Like my local hockey arena is currently "Rexall Place" after the drug company. I figure I can do the same thing with my username, and help direct people to useful stuff in my signature ;)

Seijin_Dinger
Moron #69
Org Profile

Post by Seijin_Dinger » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:37 am

I do single series videos
Sakura-Con AMV Contest 2005-2012, Vice Chairman 2013-2014

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:26 pm

I like tanks but, unless you are doing .. like .. a recap video of a series to remind people of all that happened, same series animes are boring! I can honestly say that single or multi-series AMV's are an art-form. ¿Which are better? .. its personel preference.
. What we hate are mixxed amv's: Simpsons + W.I.T.C.H. + Pocket Monsters; too complicated.

Ryvannis
Org Profile

Post by Ryvannis » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:24 am

Single source videos are much easier to pull off for most people as opposed to multi source videos. Though if you go with the latter and are successful in creating something bad ass then I would suggest that you give yourself a pat on the back. It's all about preference really. :)

FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:29 am

I don't know why I'm tired of multi source videos. I had some ideas
using this resource but now I don't want to do those videos anymore
because I got bored...It's like fashion now. Same happened with me
in "twitch-zoom-zoom video" days

Return to “General AMV”