Summer 2013 Anime List (w/ PVs and chart!)

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Summer 2013 Anime List (w/ PVs and chart!)

Post by pacotacoshell » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:31 am

So this might be a little early seeing as the season doesn't start until a month from now, but I'm pretty pumped for the summer season! Obviously this isn't the very final version of the chart, but it's been through a few revisions so it should be mostly airing this summer.
Chart link: http://i3.minus.com/ibzppF4KzcDr3n.jpg
List of PVs: http://neregate.com/blog/2013/06/01/sum ... tv-series/ (reddit says that this site is NSFW, but when I went there I didn't see anything of the sort. mentioning it just in case)

Apparently Sailor Moon was delayed until a later season, I was interested in seeing how they handled the series. Generally not a lot of drama or action this season, the bulk of that from this year so far came and went in the spring. Still a lot to look forward to, including sequels! :D

My "absolutely sure I'm watching" list:
Genshiken Nidaime - SO PUMPED. I've never read the manga but the characters for this season look awesome!
Bakemonogatari S2 - This series is always interesting, and the eye candy animation doesn't hurt either.
TWGOK S3 - I'm not as excited for this as everything else, but I enjoyed the first two seasons and I see no reason to stop watching now.
Kimi no Iru Machi - I heard good things about this manga and seeing the OVA in a few amvs I'm definitely gonna try it out.
Servant x Service - I'm always up for a good slice of life/comedy, especially if it doesn't include a ridiculous amount of busty women/little girls and isn't in your typical high school setting.
Silver Spoon - Pretty much same reason as SxS, plus seeing as the author did FMA, I'm interested in seeing how he does with a slice of life show.
Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi - I'm a fond lover of Madhouse and the PV looks gorgeous, so I'll be checking this out.

Anime that look interesting:
Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou - the PV was HILARIOUS. Zombie desu-ka plot with maybe Maou-sama level hilarity? We'll have to see how it turns out
Gen'ei o Kakeru Taiyou - kinda looks like a regular magical girls anime but I love the fact that there are the different elements with their powers. it looks darker than normal stuff, but the fanservicey bits threw me off.
Blood Lad - I was excited for this a few seasons ago when it was first announced, but now I'm not really sure.
Danganronpa - not really loving how the character designs look animated, but I'm always up for these kinds of survival game stories.
Kin-iro Mosaic - looks like an A-Channel clone, which wasn't a bad anime in the least. might try but it really depends on my mood seeing as there's so many SoL stuff this season
Watashi ga Motenai etc. - the premise seems funny, but I can't really say for sure if it'll be good or not

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Summer 2013 Anime List (w/ PVs and chart!)

Post by mirkosp » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:42 pm

I'll go in airing order and without sequels, first:
Danganronpa: based on the original source, do want; I have no particular opinion of the studio behind it since it's quite new, so we'll see how it goes. Anime of the season potential.
Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou: Gonzo, and the trailer was bad to boot. Do not want.
Gifuu Doudou!! Kanetsugu to Keiji: eh, not really interested. Deen behind it is a minus, too, so I likely won't bother.
Servant x Service: Don't know, might give it a watch, but I'm not exactly interested.
Gen`ei o Kakeru Taiyou: It seems set to be kinda bad as far as characters and tropes involved seem to go, but the technical realization interests me, so I will probably check it out anyway.
Kin`iro Mosaic: trailer was pretty bad and I'm not really interested. I'll likely skip this.
Blood Lad: Not my thing, and Brain's Base adaptations tend to just make me rage with their "endings" anyway. Most likely skipping this.
Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist: perhaps I might give it a go, although the premise isn't too convincing (and it's fujoshibat too, but this one might keep it to acceptable levels).
Choujigen Game Neptune The Animation: lol. Technically no, practically might watch it just to see how bad it can get.
Kimi no Iru Machi: Gonzo working on adaptation, do not want. It's sad, really, but I have low hopes whenever Gonzo puts their hands on something. I might start checking it out if feedback from people I'd trust on it is good.
Brothers Conflict: short title is BroCon... get it? And the character design speaks for itself. Checking the description makes me think of a fujoshi version of SisPri, too. Reversing the harem just changes the targeted demographic, but the substance is the same, so I'm not really interested.
Fantasista Doll: no, thanks. Also, the difference from Anmi's original chades to the actual animation chades saddens me. :(
Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya: I don't know, maybe? Actually I might actually end up watching this... I always have hope for Shin Oonuma's direction, even though I've had a couple letdowns in the last few years (mostly C3, really, that one was bad).
Free!: I'm gonna check the first episode out at least, because it can't be worse than the crap KyoAni has put out in the last few years. It's going to be on par at worst, just with the fujoshi in mind instead of their usual target. Which means it's going to be the perfect base for flaming with the worst kind of moetards around, those that ended up enjoying even Tamako Market.
Gatchaman Crowds: Gatchaman. Kenji Nakamura directing. Script by Oono Toshiya. Gibeplox. Anime of the season potential.
Gin no Saji: Hiromu Arakawa doing her version of Moyashimon. Arakawa haters will hate, but it's good stuff. The director worries me a bit, but the bad stuff he's done was the original source's fault rather than his, so I'd say it can come out well.
Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi: uhm. The premise is pretty original. I don't know anything about the original work, either. Madhouse working on it means that is should be backed up by a proper technical side at least. I'll probably watch this.
Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku: nah, not my thing. Skipping.
Love Lab: ditto, skipping.
Stella Jogakuin Koutouka C3-bu: I'm not interested in this, but I might check it out to see if what's left of Gainax, now that most if not all the good people left the studio, is any good anymore. I fear I'm going to kill any leftover hope I might have left.
Uchouten Kazoku: THIS THIS THIS THIS. This has SO much potential. The original novel is by Morimi Tomihiko, the author of the novel upon which Tatami Galaxy was based on, too. The original chades is by Kouji Kumeta (szs), which I quite appreciate, and it was adapted pretty well for the anime. P.A. Works is a good studio as far as technical side goes, and the director has collaborated on many good shows, so I have high hopes all around. Anime of the season potential.
Watamote: the manga is good stuff (social NTR lol). I have NO clues about the anime since we don't even know who's going to work on it and what's the format going to be and so on. We will see. Depending on how things go, it could be one of the better shows around (the opposite could be possible too).

As far as sequels go, definitely watching the Genshiken sequel. I'll wait before checking Monogatari SS, but I'll eventually watch it too. I'm undecided about TWGOK S3, because S1 adaptation was so and so, S2 adaptation was bad and I dropped it, but the arc that's going to be covered in this season is very good, so it might be worth it, though based on the first two seasons it still won't be as good as the manga. The others are sequels of things which I either dropped or never bothered with outright.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:12 pm

Anime is still dead to me. No Sailor Moon in Summer season..... :cry:
ImageImageImageImage

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:29 pm

100% watch list:
what, another season of bakemonogatari, YES PLEASE!
Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya: No idea if it will be any good but I've enjoyed just about everything that has been made from the fate series (2 series, a movie and an awesome OVA)
The World God only knows season 3: YES, the manga is awesome, The first 2 seasons were hit and miss with some good parts and some boring parts but I don't regret watching them.

Stuff I will be looking into:
Kimi no Iru Machi:I actually started reading Kimi no Iru Machi years ago a little after it got started. Very good manga but as a romance series naturally it had a bit of drama so I ended up dropping it. Will probably check out the anime just to see how they did with it.
Highschool DxD 2: Ok, the first season was pretty much nothing but fanservice and full frontal nudity but for some reason I actually liked it (and I've dropped similar series after just a couple eps) so I'll probably check out season 2
Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou: never heard of it but interesting concept so I'll check it out
Rozen Maiden: The first series was very interesting, not an all type favorite of mine but I consider it something of a classic so I'll be checking out the new series (is it a remake?)
Danganronpa: I typically love these battle royal types series, although some of them have been bad, but will check out.
Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi: It's madhouse so at least we'll know the animation will be great at least

Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:46 pm

Danganronpa.

[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Org Profile

Post by [madaraxD] » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:36 pm

Genshiken <3

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:48 pm

The World only God Knows 3 ... yes yes yes ^__^ happy camper

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:08 pm

ngsilver wrote:Anime is still dead to me.
This. So many uninteresting anime these days. Not even one worth my time :down:

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:14 am

There is not a lot that really interest me after the first glance.
I am reeeeaaaaaallly looking forward to the Kimi no Iru Machi, though! <3
I am also excited for KamiNomi 3rd season and second season of Ro Kyu Bu.
The idea of Kamisama ga inai Nichijoubi seems somewhat interesting so I'll be sure to check that one out.
I hear that Courpse party is good so I'll be sure to check that OVA or whatever it is.
I am also looking forward to the unaired episode of Tonari no Kaibutsu kun
I am interested in the new Fate/something series
And I will definitely check out the AnoHana movie.

But yea the thing I am looking forward the most is KIMI NO IRU MACHI :awesome:
ImageImage

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:04 am

Animated wrote:This. So many uninteresting anime these days. Not even one worth my time :down:
I never understood this kind of outlook. To say that out of all these shows none of them are interesting feel like being blinded by nostalgia, moreso if it's a consistent thing every season. Yeah there's always a lot of trash that looks like a lot of other shows out there, but there have been a few recently that are pretty different from the norm. idk man :bear:

Will watch:
Uchouten Kazoku: Watched a PV and I really like the art style, the story seems like it might be interesting as well.
Silver Spoon: I'm a fan of Arakawa, so I'm interested to see what she comes up with after FMA.
Danganronpa: Well, last time I watched an anime based off a game about a bear and murders I enjoyed it...

Might watch
Watamote: I've been hearing a lot about this one, but I saw a preview and it didn't spark much interest. I'll give it a chance.
Gatchaman Crowds: I kinda dig the art style, but I won't decide until there is a little more info.
Free!: Seeing the amount of butthurt when this was announced amused me enough that I kinda want to support it, haha. I doubt it's something Ill want to follow though.
The World God Only Knows: Ive been slacking on watching S2, but I might get on that soon so I can follow this one. Really liked S1.

Return to “General Anime”