Update your UTVideo version now!

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Update your UTVideo version now!

Post by mirkosp » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:13 am

http://umezawa.dyndns.info/wordpress/?p=3952

Starting Version 13.0.0, UTVideo introduced ULH0 and ULHY2. The idea is, when you have HD sources (blu-rays), to use these instead of the ULY0 and ULY2 versions, so that the NLE knows that it should use the Rec.709 colormatrix instead of the Rec.601 colormatrix when doing the conversion.
In this way, you won't have to do colormatrix corrections or colorspace conversions on your own and can in fact just feed your NLE with HD lossless AVI with no worries about the colormatrix fidelity. For SD footage (DVDs) you should still stick to ULY0. For downloaded footage, Lord knows what you could have on your hands and the choice depends on who encoded what source... which might make things no better than a coin toss in some cases (please just buy DVDs and Blu-rays and use those as a source whenever possible).

PS: remember:
If version 10.2.0 or older is installed, you have to uninstall that version before you install this version. For more information, see readme.
Just check which version you have and uninstall first before installing the newer one, just to be safe.

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Re: Update your UTVideo version now!

Post by Animated » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:45 am

I'll step up and admit that I only have downloaded HD footage. I know I'm not alone.

So, the new UTVideo gave me 4 new options:
YUV420 BT.601 (ULY0) VCM
YUV420 BT.709 (ULH0) VCM
YUV422 BT.601 (ULY2) VCM
YUV422 BT.709 (ULH2) VCM

On the previous version, I was always using one 420 version, which I can't remember now because of the name change. What is the best choice for now, since trial and error is quite painful? :uhoh:

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:29 pm

Your best bet is to go with ULH0 (YUV420 BT.709). Previously there were only ULY0 and ULY2.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun May 25, 2014 11:51 pm

http://umezawa.dyndns.info/wordpress/?p=4809

Hadn't updated this thread in a while, but there have been a few UTVideo versions so far.
The latest revisions even include a new 4:2:2 10bit mode! It is still very slow though, as it hasn't been optimized for speed yet. I'll be sure to update you all on it when new versions come around.

RTW47
Org Profile

Post by RTW47 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:23 am

in 14.2.0 version developer now added multithreading option to UtVideo Pro YUV422 10bit (UQY2)

Return to “Video & Audio Help”