Skrillex, don't be hatin' yo XP

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
tuxedomarty
Org Profile

Skrillex, don't be hatin' yo XP

Post by tuxedomarty » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:41 am

From what I've seen there's a good chunk of people who don't like Skrill. Why? Beats me. But I think he rocks hard. Listening to him feels just as good as listening to any old school heavy metal band for me like Iron Maiden. Breakn' A Sweat in a particular is a kick ass song, plus Kyoto, Bug Hunt, and The Reason. Haters gonna hate. XP
I can't stand weeaboos and people who keep badmouthing dubbed anime and say it sucks.

KidEgo
Org Profile

Re: Skrillex, don't be hatin' yo XP

Post by KidEgo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:55 am

I.don't.like.dubstep. Sorry. With all do respect.
All my haters:I'm awesome, and you're just jealous and biased elitists. Fuck you very much.
And I still say CASSHERN SINS SUCKS ASS!!!!

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:00 am

Skrillex's "music" sounds like two fax machines fucking. It's like Merzbow, but with some attempts at a melody... :bzz: :bzz:
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:01 am

merzbow is awesome.

TYVM.

:sorcerer:

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:21 pm

His stuff really isn't for me but he's good at what he does so I don't waste time hating him.

McDirty
Org Profile

Post by McDirty » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:02 pm

Let me put it this way. I was at a party one night on top of the AT&T Center in downtown LA and Sonny was there along with other celebrities including Nick Swardson, Richard Ayoade, and Djimon Honsou. He was also performing that night too, but he wasn't actually "performing" per se. His DJs and mixers were the ones doing the performing behind the CDJs, the controllers, and decks. Once and a while he would go in while Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites was playing and do something, maybe add a flanger effect or a stutter beat once and while. But that's about it. Here's how the music industry now works today; artists like Skrillex has a team of artists and songwriters who are hired together to make songs that have the "Skrillex"feel to it and Sonny is simply the one who goes on tours to be in front of an audience while he simply hits Play on the controller. Even so, it does sound cool to be part of a "Skrillx team" of music writers, but the problem is that the writers and mixers are only hired under independent contract, they are basically let go after the song or album is complete, and no royalties are granted to them because the studios are stingy with their money. And this is why some music artists have problems with people like Skrillex. Personally, I think some of the songs are cool while others I could care less for. But what I don't respect is that "DJs" like Sonny, all they have to do is receive praise from a large audience at a show, push the play button, and rank in the cash while people who continue to help him stay up at the top and put forth the effort to maake his songs profitable are the ones being shafted and shoved under the bus. :(

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:07 pm

Are you saying he doesn't even compose/record his own tracks?

McDirty
Org Profile

Post by McDirty » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:45 pm

No. What I'm saying is Skrillex is a music producer. And quite frankly, he's actually a really good one in that. But there's a difference between producers, songwriters, mixers, and composers. What a music artist in the industry would do is work with song writers and they would provide ideas for the artist to approve and work with. Composing is also done by a separate contractor that works with the artist in recording. Stems and split tracks are made and are sent to audio mixers. It's all union based and you most likely won't work on a project unless you are a part of a musicians union for composers, songwriting, mixing, or producing. When I say Skrillex is a producer, I'm saying his work depends on the efforts and work of other artists and technicians. However, his music also sells from his stardom, hence my point made that all he has to do is attend shows. There's a lot of money made at tours. Honestly, the music studios can't invest the money and time on Sonny to sit in studio and write music throughout the year when they make more by having him tour across the country. If you asked me, does Skrillex have nothing to do with the songs that are released under his name, I would say no. But if you also asked me, does Skrillex write and compose the songs all by himself, I would also say no. It's just that there's a lot of people who put a lot of hard work and effort to get people like Sonny into fame, who end up getting fucked over. That's show business.

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:25 am

This is basically how I see the Skrillex fanbase
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s2WZv0MXm4

Druzaik
Org Profile

Post by Druzaik » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:52 am

From all the Skrillex hate and all, I would not say I hate his music, but there is a wider variety of electronic available that sounds better than his :).

Urhm, a few tracks I suppose?

https://soundcloud.com/knifepartyinc/kn ... ower-glove
https://soundcloud.com/letsbefriendsuk/ ... est-in-the (wait till after the rap)

Return to “General Discussion”