How To Resolve Donation Problems

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Re: How To Resolve Donation Problems

Post by Kariudo » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:16 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Could it have something to do with an assumption that the payment is supposed to be automatic and if it's not it has a clear time? That clear time goes away if you're a big time vendor, though. So, i can do a bank funds transfer via paypal to STEAM, but not to the 'org without shit going wrong because the 'org isn't in paypal's special cool kids club.
The problem is somewhere in communication with paypal. With paypal's IPN API, you have to send back a block of information exactly as it was sent to you in the first place for verification. Same data, same order, same character encoding. Thing is, if this step is the problem, none of the paypal donations should be getting through. I'd have to talk with GQ to see if that's the case.

I'll see if I can't take another look at the donation system here in the next few weeks.

blaksun
The one and lonely ... only
Org Profile

Post by blaksun » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:07 pm

ERROR: PayPal response was INVALID:
Send a e-mail a week a go just wot to know how long i have to wait to i get a respond\reply ? :?
Text endless companions so foe raid ones and even less that makes sense :)

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:58 pm

blaksun wrote:ERROR: PayPal response was INVALID:
Send a e-mail a week a go just wot to know how long i have to wait to i get a respond\reply ? :?
Processed and sent an update. Sorry about the wait -- my computer was down for a couple of weeks, so couldn't follow up until now. >_<

Just an FYI - If the system gives you a response of "PayPal response was INVALID", assume that we have received the payment. Do not try to pay it again until we've checked it. I normally check every week (and whenever e-mails are sent to Donations), since the amount of "INVALID" transactions is actually now much fewer and far between. Right now on average, for every 50 donations I review, only 3-5 ever come up as pending approval now, whereas in the past we had to approve pretty much everything. (Thanks for that go to Kariudo for getting the PayPal processing straightened out at the time. ;) )

So, if you get that INVALID response, please be patient and continue to send your e-mails if your account status isn't updated. Odds are you are one of the "lucky" (and very) few that didn't process right, but we'll make sure it's done. Also, if you get a response other than the INVALID response above, or no response at all, then definitely let us know right away, as that's a sign that we might not have received your payment at all.
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

sloken18
Org Profile

Post by sloken18 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:15 am

this is my first time donating here and may have messed something up but it's been about 24 hours since i did the donation and it still says that No payments have been received for this pledge. i can confirm that i did sent by paypal, and that paypal did the transaction but this site says i haven't yet

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:44 pm

Verifying transaction information...

ERROR: PayPal response was INVALID
Org still hates yurop? :uhoh:

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:30 pm

mirkosp wrote:

Probably just Italy ;3

sircrackpot
Org Profile

Post by sircrackpot » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:37 pm

Sent an e-mail over 2 weeks ago with no reply. I donated 12 bucks via paypal.

Receipt No: 1922-6402-0286-6675 from Sircrackpot
...Yeah, I know she's a trap.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:31 pm

mirkosp wrote:

I thought they just hated paypal's newer API. It's done that to me for at least 2 years now.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:23 am

Same here, it always did that to me, but I read that it had been fixed for most people... :?

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:46 pm

First, for those who haven't gotten a response in two or more weeks, really sorry about that. I manually updated the donations for the last month, so any statuses that weren't updated should be now. If you made a donation and still haven't seen any change, please send me a PM right away, so I can review our records.
mirkosp wrote:Same here, it always did that to me, but I read that it had been fixed for most people... :?
It still does work automatically for many people. I'm still clueless as to why some people have been getting approved and yet others are pending approval. I had thought it was the verification process at first, but I've seen pending requests for both verified and unverified accounts. Ever since PayPal updated their UI, it's been playing a bit of havoc with our plug-ins. We did get most of the problems smoothed over, but there's just still these few that don't get approved right away. :(

Also, just to reiterate, if you made a donation payment, even if it gives you that "INVALID" message or you don't see an immediate change, it is 99% certain that the donation has been received. On some accounts where the payment was made but not verified, it can take 3-7 business days for PayPal to process it properly and for it to report through our system.

Please continue to send e-mails if your status does not change within 7 days of the payment being made.

Thank you.
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”