The Vent Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Post by Qyot27 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:36 am

Kionon wrote:My happy temperature is 85°F, it's 76°F at noon right now in Tokyo.
77°F is around the highest outside air temperature I'm comfortable with, but I can tolerate low-mid 80s if the humidity is low (which is impossible in Florida during the summer or even the latter part of Spring) or there's a breeze.

I feel envious of the climate in the Pacific Northwest a lot.
pan_dbgt01 wrote:LOL Sounds like they are creating a larger problem. Hopefully you aren't the owner ;)
No, I'm not the owner.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:33 am

Oh temperatures. You watch One Piece anime ?? They're in that island
divided by two zones; One with fire, hot as hell and the other, with
snow and really cold. That's like my job. Outside is so freaking cold!!
Then you enter into this stupid office and it's hot, SOO ****ing HOT.
It's because the heating, but how they don't realize the difference??
That's because you get sick here so easily....URGH!

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:49 am

This vent is sort-of more for people outside of the org, but I guess it could apply for a few people on here as well.

I just want to apologize to anyone I've been a dick to in the past month. I had a really shitty month and took all of my stress out on other people. After everything was resolved, I realized I made everything harder than it needed to be. This mostly goes out to my rl friends that had to put up with me yelling at them over small shit.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:52 am

ANCESTRAL DEITIES DO NOT APOLOGISE.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:56 pm

I'm really getting irritated about my brother's expectations that I will chauffeur him around. Now, I hate driving in general, but I don't mind driving him to places that I know or can get to easily. However, he's asking me to drive to a huge city that I've never been to in the middle of the night, even after I told him that I have to work early. So I would be driving sleep-deprived, at night, in unfamiliar locales, in an uninsured car.

UH, NO. He just doesn't get it. He asked me about the same city (for a different reason) back in December - same problems, plus it was winter. Again, NO. And let's not forget that he expects me to take off a day next month in order to drive him to his class reunion, which is back in my hometown. What the hell am I going to do in a small town for those hours? I'm not making two trips - that's at least at third of a tank of gas, for which he will NOT pay me back, that much I know.

He needs to get his own damn license and car already. This is ridiculous. He's nearly thirty, and he refuses to learn how to drive. He doesn't have any decent friends, either, so he has taken to mooching off of my good will. Shopping trips are one thing, but for fuck's sake, I am not taking him on a fucking road trip across the state.

The cherry on this annoyance sundae is that he is somehow a backseat driver. I don't even know how this processes in his brain. If you ask him to read directions to you, or keep an eye on the exits, that sort of thing, he'll say something exactly once and then call you an idiot when you miss your turn. He bitches about your driving, but will call you stupid, or a moron, or a retard when you make any mistake or if you call him out on his inability to drive. It's positively infuriating, and I'm getting to the point where I'm just going to refuse to help. If he never expresses gratitude or thanks favors, and the only response he gives to wrongdoing is scorn, what am I getting out of it?

Anyway, I love my brother and normally get along very well with him otherwise, but I also fully embrace that he can be a Needy, Snobby, Holier-Than-Thou, Class A Dick.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:38 am

Considering never going in IRC again.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:35 am

You're just in the wrong channel. >_>
Alternatively, you can do what I do and put certain individuals on ignore. Half-conversations are pretty amusing, too. :lol:

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:21 am

If only all individuals could be blocked. :down:

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:33 am

There are...ways. :D

Castor Troy