Before I Go

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Re: Before I Go

Post by AimoAio » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:03 pm

I felt like you really overused those zoom outs and blurs, I like them generally since they help pick up the pacing for slower static scenes but there were so many and some went by so quickly I had trouble following them so it made it difficult to enjoy the scenes. The editing also felt too consistent, by that I mean it felt monotonous. Like it was always the same pacing, the same feeling. There weren't really any "ups and downs" so it didn't quite flow with the mood of the song. That being said, major props for making a happy AnoHana video. I especially love how you integrated Menma into the video, like she was alive and part of them all along and not well...a ghost. It gives it a really heartwarming feeling, nice work! :up:

Aeniara
Org Profile

Re: Before I Go

Post by Aeniara » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:10 pm

NotReallyHere wrote:That was a fun, very happy vid. I liked it. There are indeed a lot of zooms, but it never really bothered me or anything, so don't worry about that. :)
Koopiskeva wrote:really like the fun aspect of this vid, wish there were less of the constant zoom-outs but really enjoyed it nonetheless
Kisagi wrote:such a fun vid, nice!
Thank you! :D
AimoAio wrote:I felt like you really overused those zoom outs and blurs, I like them generally since they help pick up the pacing for slower static scenes but there were so many and some went by so quickly I had trouble following them so it made it difficult to enjoy the scenes. The editing also felt too consistent, by that I mean it felt monotonous. Like it was always the same pacing, the same feeling. There weren't really any "ups and downs" so it didn't quite flow with the mood of the song. That being said, major props for making a happy AnoHana video. I especially love how you integrated Menma into the video, like she was alive and part of them all along and not well...a ghost. It gives it a really heartwarming feeling, nice work! :up:
Thank you for the comment :) The reason behind those zooms is actually really stupid. I was unsure of what to do because the video didn't have the intensity I wanted it to have (the lack of ups and downs you mentioned), so I just started adding zooms to every clip. By the end of the video, I was cringing every time I added a new zoom because I felt I was being too repetitive. Now I know what I shouldn't do whenever I feel the same way :sweat:

But I'm glad I was able to make this anime look a bit happier than it is!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”