Little Things You Love

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Re: Little Things You Love

Post by The_McLaughlin » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:15 am

Stretching out while sitting at the desk and looking down and going, "Why hello Left Tricep you're looking rather quite defined today" then looking at the right one and going "Kick it in gear Right Tricep, can't even see any definition on you". Maybe I'll see some in a month once I get further along in P90X and Insanity.

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:28 am

animefreak00007 wrote:Stretching out while sitting at the desk and looking down and going, "Why hello Left Tricep you're looking rather quite defined today" then looking at the right one and going "Kick it in gear Right Tricep, can't even see any definition on you". Maybe I'll see some in a month once I get further along in P90X and Insanity.
Oh man, I check out my right tricep all the time. I hope my left isn't feeling neglected. It probably is. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:29 am

Two things today.

1. The smell of the lilac bushes coming in through my window when it's open.

2. "Week 2.5 Face." My skin is pretty predictable; I always know that it's going to fuck me over with at least one pimple at all times. Sometimes there are two or three, but it's usually just one, and just as the first one starts healing, another one always pops up to take its place. However, there is a short golden time about two-and-a-half weeks after my menstruation that my skin is actually clear, and what little red marks might remain are easily covered with makeup. I call this my Week 2.5 Face, and I cross my fingers that all major photogenic events fall in this timeframe. It barely lasts a week - normally only a few days, tops - before my pre-menstrual hormones kick in and fuck shit up on my ugly mug. For those few days, though, I fuckin' feel like Marilyn Monroe. Amazingly, my golden birthday fell during this time. Infuriatingly, no one took pictures. :down:

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:32 am

:up:

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:40 am

dj_ultima_the_great wrote:2. "Week 2.5 Face." My skin is pretty predictable; I always know that it's going to fuck me over with at least one pimple at all times. Sometimes there are two or three, but it's usually just one, and just as the first one starts healing, another one always pops up to take its place. However, there is a short golden time about two-and-a-half weeks after my menstruation that my skin is actually clear, and what little red marks might remain are easily covered with makeup. I call this my Week 2.5 Face, and I cross my fingers that all major photogenic events fall in this timeframe. It barely lasts a week - normally only a few days, tops - before my pre-menstrual hormones kick in and fuck shit up on my ugly mug. For those few days, though, I fuckin' feel like Marilyn Monroe. Amazingly, my golden birthday fell during this time. Infuriatingly, no one took pictures. :down:
Curious, are you on BC at all? I'm on a variant of ortho tricyclen for hormone rebalancing, and it's the best my skin has been EVER. I used to have one or two pimples anywhere on my face at any given time, and sometimes elsewhere. I also just saw a picture of me in 2006 and my skin was sooooooo horrid.

Don't have that problem anymore.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:48 am

Kionon wrote:Curious, are you on BC at all? I'm on a variant of ortho tricyclen for hormone rebalancing, and it's the best my skin has been EVER. I used to have one or two pimples anywhere on my face at any given time, and sometimes elsewhere. I also just saw a picture of me in 2006 and my skin was sooooooo horrid.

Don't have that problem anymore.
I was on the pill for twelve or so years, but stopped about a year ago when we lost our insurance. I can afford the prescription, however the appointments to get it renewed are murderously expensive. (Didn't need to be on it anyway; it was purely for personal convenience.) Anyway, my skin was the same then as it is now. It freaked out a little in the first month or two that I quit, but it has pretty much leveled out back to normal.

I suspect that much of my problem is poor diet, lack of exercise, that sort of thing. I mean, I'm always diligent about washing off my makeup properly and moisturizing with facial lotion every day, so I don't think it's a matter of hygiene.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:54 am

dj_ultima_the_great wrote:I was on the pill for twelve or so years, but stopped about a year ago when we lost our insurance. I can afford the prescription, however the appointments to get it renewed are murderously expensive. (Didn't need to be on it anyway; it was purely for personal convenience.) Anyway, my skin was the same then as it is now. It freaked out a little in the first month or two that I quit, but it has pretty much leveled out back to normal.

I suspect that much of my problem is poor diet, lack of exercise, that sort of thing. I mean, I'm always diligent about washing off my makeup properly and moisturizing with facial lotion every day, so I don't think it's a matter of hygiene.
Yeah, those fucking charges (not so little things you hate). I'm always annoyed when certain people with certain ideologies like to talk about the $4/$9 OT generics without mentioning how expensive it is to get the prescriptions for it in the first place, and I'm not exception to this. And then some places really want you to do something else (or make you do something else) like pap smears or blood tests. Canada's NHI is all about the pap smears. Japan's is all about the blood tests (which, fine, okay, in my case sure, because I am taking so much of it, but I'm not sure why women taking low doses need it). At least they blood tests are covered to a degree. I have a co-pay of 30%...

But yeah, my skin cleared up within like... two weeks. It was amazing.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:58 am

A lot of women tend to break out just before their cycle, so that could be a factor too. However if you don't notice much difference between being on the pill and not on it, I guess I wouldn't worry about that.

I had a friend who was convinced that anything touching her face would cause her to break out.

When you do break out, is it generally in a place you touch your face? or where you rest your head in your hand? if so that could also be the cause.

My face cleared up a lot when I went on my medications, however there is a risk of cancer with what I'm taking.. and the rest of that story is probably a topic left to pm. ;)

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:27 am

JaddziaDax wrote:A lot of women tend to break out just before their cycle, so that could be a factor too. However if you don't notice much difference between being on the pill and not on it, I guess I wouldn't worry about that.
I'd agree. I think it's a pretty typical reaction, and the pill often seems to help. But I've also known women/currently know women who had the opposite reaction.

Another option might be something like spironolactone, which is an androgen blocker and sometimes helps. It can also help with hirsuitism if that's an issue. But it's a diuretic, and you have to drink a lot more water.
My face cleared up a lot when I went on my medications, however there is a risk of cancer with what I'm taking.. and the rest of that story is probably a topic left to pm. ;)
:up: ...for the first part of that at least. Yay for clear skin!
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

catgod
cat stalker
Org Profile

Post by catgod » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:23 pm

staying up till 3am to watch k-dramas while pigging out on ice cream and ramen with my bffs oh sweet jesus how I've missed summer
do you even kininarimasu!?
http://shitstirspearesays.tumblr.com/

Return to “General Discussion”