Round 1 Videos - Complete!

Nivedo
Org Profile

Re: Round 1 Videos

Post by Nivedo » Sun May 26, 2013 9:32 pm

hey pockying, to explain my anime choice, the feel of the song, to me anyways, felt a bit magical, and the first anime to come to mind was chuunibyou. one of my friends though apparently listened to the song 10 times after i sent it to him and he started listing off songs that i could have used instead to match the lyrics more. but i kinda went with the overall feel more than lyrics.

all that being said, i agree with you on if it was a different anime, it could have had a stronger impact :)

and lloyd, yeah i realize that the story/concept is where i kinda fell short. i feel that if i dont continue onto the next round it will be because of the concept/storytelling. but thanks for your opinion :). as i have been telling others, this song was kinda.....well not easy for ME to try and get a good flow like i have had with a couple of other AMVs i have made before

Mkid
Im on the case
Org Profile

Post by Mkid » Mon May 27, 2013 12:49 am

everyone did a good job!, Lloyd you couldve done better but i feel like you did a well enough job that youll be in thenext round! :shock: :lol: :D

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Mon May 27, 2013 12:59 am

Mkid wrote:everyone did a good job!, Lloyd you couldve done better but i feel like you did a well enough job that youll be in thenext round! :shock: :lol: :D
I wanted to slap you so bad... but I love you Malik :ying:

Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010
Org Profile

Post by Iron Solari » Mon May 27, 2013 11:18 am

I would rank them as:

1. Kyros
Spoiler :
I really liked the fact that you used Macross with the focal point on Sheryl, however I haven't seen the newer version with the red/orange haired guy, so I had no idea who that was. It was definitely flashy, but it made sense, at least to me.
2. Mystery Editor 3
Spoiler :
There was a lot of sync in there, lyric and beat. It picked up when the song picked up, and it slowed down when the song slowed down, following the flow nicely in my opinion. I liked the part the most where she was walking at, "It's just a game, not a war." There was a small lip flap at 2:03 that I'm not sure if it was intentionally left there or missed when editing.
3. Cecco
Spoiler :
Pretty nice flow with the song. My one qualm is that there's parts where the song slows down, but the video keeps going really quickly. I definitely thought the suicide at the end was a bit strange, but I've never seen the anime so I have no idea what the story is about. The best part was probably the beginning when she was slashing up that one girl. That and "free our soul".
4. Lopez
Spoiler :
Another Guilty Crown, nice sync. A few parts seemed a little off to me, but it might just be me. Best part was definitely the ending part, it made me feel like I was watching something post apocalyptic. I agree with Pockying though, the end fade felt kinda... meh.
"Some guy stuck a butter knife covered in peanut butter into my DvD player because he said it was hungry."
-Anonymous

LopezAMV
Org Profile

Post by LopezAMV » Mon May 27, 2013 4:42 pm

Was originally planning on leaving comments for all the videos but at this point I can't really say much that hasn't already been said. So with that, I'm gonna leave some seemingly negative comments on the top 3 videos with the hopes that it will serve as constructive criticism on what to improve..and stuff and such. Please note that this isn't me trash talking the competition. I'm rooting for these guys |:>

Kyros- Astral Notes:
Spoiler :
Great editing for the most part. Bad mix of various sources. The singing parts were a bit strange, they were thrown in randomly and weren't lip synced very well. I didn't really like when they were placed above other clips either, like at 1:10. I've seen many iterations of the effect at 1:29 and your use of it is definitely a lot better than the way others do it, but with that said it's still a distracting and not very appealing effect. Then again, that's just personal preference. Editing wise there's not a lot else to say as it was put together well. I kinda wish there was more variety from each source though- the first non-Macross source you used seems interesting but it's there and gone before anything happens. The same applies to Aquarion and Infinite Stratos. There's so many appealing clips in Aquarion, why limit it to only the first 2 episodes? Most of IS was the same fight scene(?), I mean sure it looks badass but a little diversity wouldn't hurt. The clip at 2:10 is really distracting considering where it's located. You built up the final chorus really well but then kinda ruined it with the random clip of neon Sheryl dancing.
All things said, good job :)
Cecco- Out of Control:
Spoiler :
Good edit. I like the way it started off nice and calm...but then it turns into the long fight with the Ghost of Bedsheets Past. That part was edited flawlessly but it seems like everyone starts off Kara no Kyoukai videos that same way. 1:00 could have used some work, it was a bit too fast for that part of the song. There was other pacing issues but nothing worth mentioning. My biggest gripe with this video is that I didn't see a good connection between the song and source. First run through came off as incredibly random. Same Kara no Kyoukai editing but with a softer song? Knife stabbings and an epic yet frantic stroll through a bamboo forest? Blame it on personal preference I guess :nose:
As with Kyros, good job nonetheless :up:
Mystery Editor 3- Exodus:
Spoiler :
First thing's first: LOL. Did not see this one coming. I feel weird commenting on your video considering we used a bunch of the same clips. I feel like it would just turn into a "what I like about mine that I don't about yours" scenario. Gonna try to avoid doing that so here goes-
Good action editing but it's a little too fast most of the time. Some parts are so fast that you can't really appreciate all the appealing clips that Guilty Crown has to offer, or the soothing aspect of the song for that matter.
0:40-0:50 has too much intro. The overlay effect was a nice touch but its was a little distracting whenever that hairball appeared (see 0:58). I like how you edited this since it's always nice to see how someone else would edit what you're editing, same source and all. Everything up till 1:26 was done rather well but then it goes down hill. The song cuts were lacking, the action from earlier turned into one long fight sequence, and more intro was thrown into the mix. Not trying to rag on your use of the intro since I used it too..but I don't see how the walking scene at 1:49-1:53 contributed in any way.
All things said and done,good job & kudos :beer:
I'm not very good at this :|

As for my video, there's plenty for me to tear apart but that's not for me to do 8-)
Last edited by LopezAMV on Tue May 28, 2013 1:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Mon May 27, 2013 5:04 pm

Mystery Editor 2 has chosen to reveal herself!

Welcome Chiiisus!

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Tue May 28, 2013 8:02 am

Ok, so the official tally?!

All 8 entrants in Group B submit! :D No drops |:> |:> |:>

As for Group C~ We received 7 official entries and 3 noncompeting!

So Group B is currently being uploaded and will be available for download shortly. Group C will be delayed a bit since the 3 noncompeting entries will be voted on to decide which entry will be considered official and which 2 will remain noncompeting. Once that is completed, the Group C video pack will be posted.

Zanzaben
Org Profile

Post by Zanzaben » Tue May 28, 2013 8:04 am

Alright Group B, look at all of us not dropping. :awesome:
Zanz Bonus Points Tally
8bit_samurai: 1, CodeZTM: 1, Eake4: 2, ibabrak: 5, Mirkosp: 4, tipsd9video: 1, uncreative: 1

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Tue May 28, 2013 8:55 am

Group B is up!

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Tue May 28, 2013 9:37 am

Zanzaben wrote:Alright Group B, look at all of us not dropping. :awesome:
But our group had to drop the bass! :uhoh: