Strange Problem With .AVS Script and VDub

Otaku-Alice
Org Profile

Strange Problem With .AVS Script and VDub

Post by Otaku-Alice » Sun May 26, 2013 8:31 am

So i was ripping an anime DVD ,Moon Phase, and made a script for the first episode:

Code: Select all

FFvideoSource("C:\Users\Doodle\Desktop\Moon Phase\MainMovie\MOONPHASE_BS_D1\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB")
TFM()
TDecimate()
everything loads into vdub just fine and is exports just fine and imports into sony vegas.

But my problem is with the second episode, when i load it into vdub the preview windows are just gray, the .vob file its self plays fine in VLC, so please help i am at a lost of what to do!

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Strange Problem With .AVS Script and VDub

Post by mirkosp » Sun May 26, 2013 10:46 am

That's not how you should be using VOB files. Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides Lovingly Overhauled Largely by Zarxrax</a>.
You should be indexing them in DGIndex (a single .d2v for the whole VTS block is generally the best idea) and then load the .d2v project with mpeg2source.
Alternatively, I *think* that appending the various vobs of the same VTS in a single MKV (mkvmergegui will automatically deal with that if you drop the first vob of the set and hit mux) and then using lwlibavvideosource can work just as fine, but the option I specified just above is the only true and tested option that will always be surely safe when dealing with DVD footage.

Otaku-Alice
Org Profile

Post by Otaku-Alice » Sun May 26, 2013 10:48 am

mirkosp wrote:That's not how you should be using VOB files. Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides Lovingly Overhauled Largely by Zarxrax</a>.
You should be indexing them in DGIndex (a single .d2v for the whole VTS block is generally the best idea) and then load the .d2v project with mpeg2source.
Alternatively, I *think* that appending the various vobs of the same VTS in a single MKV and then using lwlibavvideosource can work just as fine, but the option I specified just above is the only true and tested option that will always be surely safe when dealing with DVD footage.
okay ill read the guide and thank you very much for replying! :)

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun May 26, 2013 10:50 am

Added a snippet about the vob appending on the other post, just in case one wanted to give that a test (I still do recommend dgindex tho).

AMVGuide
Showcasing AMVs since 2014
Org Profile

Post by AMVGuide » Mon May 27, 2013 10:57 am

1. Rip the DVD to get .vob file(s); then make a .d2v index of the footage:

2. Make an .avs script using the index so you can prepare your footage with AviSynth Commands (if you need to):

3. Serve the script to VirtualDub so you can make your Editing-Friendly .avi files (Using something like UT Video ULY0 for Video Compression).
Generally speaking, you can just drag-and-drop whatever files you need into whatever programs you need.

Requirements (mostly just stuff from the AMV App and CCCP).

Information taken from AMVGuide.

Hope this helps

Return to “Video & Audio Help”