SMASH! Blitz AMV Tournament (GAP Results out, Prelims on!)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Renato
Org Profile

SMASH! Blitz AMV Tournament (GAP Results out, Prelims on!)

Post by Renato » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:40 am

Update 23/05/2013: A thousand apologies for this late update. But due to only 11 people that entered, that doesn't stop us from ending this tournament! Look below this for more information!

-------------------------------
Hi folks!

General Acceptance Period results

----------------->CLICK HERE TO SEE VIDEO AND ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS! <-----------------
Lol I look like a douchebag -_-

Unfortunately, only 11 editors entered the tournament, 5 short of what is the minimum requirement. It is our first year for this competition so we will think about this for next time. However, that doesn't stop us from doing this tournament! Without making a drastic change to the time frame, we changed the qualification a bit!

Before that, here are the editors who participated:

- Minet360
- xM1124x
- KonohasOrangeFlash
- Pikachu was Here
- Wynter
- KyleDevix
- Rolfyboy8
- xxxSoraChii
- amv2710
- AciQui
- Pau

Firstly, us judges took a look at the 11 editors and their AMVs and made our decisions. The ones who scored in the top 5 will go on to the Quarter Finals. This means they have a 3 week break before they are to compete.

The ones in the bottom 6 will battle it out in the Preliminary Finals in three matches. They are selected by the draw (as shown by the video link above) as well as the themes they were selected to verse in. As a result, this was the outcome:

Match #1 - TIME TRAVEL
Pikachu was Here vs Wynter

Match #2 - SCHOOL/EVERYDAY LIFE
amv2710 vs KonohasOrangeFlash

Match #3 - SMASH!ING THEMES
xxxSoraChii vs KyleDevix

And so, they are to make their AMVs based on those themes drawn. Their deadline is May 28, 2013 @ 11:59 p.m. AEST

Want to know what their AMVs were in the General acceptance period? You can find them here: http://amvblitz.smash.org.au/content/gapamvs

Look forward to the results of the Preliminary Finals! I promise I will be early next time! -_-

-------------------------------

Renato here again and I'm here to give you an exciting new competition unique to SMASH!

While the SMASH! Convention (The Sydney Manga and Anime SHow) has its annual Anime Music Video Tournament (thread can be found here), we decided to make a new style competition, one that has never been done in any Australian con before. Simply, it is called the SMASH! Blitz AMV Tournament!

This tournament is where anyone, from Australia to around the world, can enter! There are no categories here and to enter the tournament, you can submit an AMV of your own choosing. However the catch is that your AMV has to be 30 seconds to 1 minute 30 seconds long! Quick to make, hence the Blitz name! Pretty much, when you enter, make an AMV that would impress the judges and if successful, you go into the final stages of the tournament!

Each round (from the Round of 16 to the Grand Final), your opponent will be drawn out of hat and in your match against your opponent, a theme that you two have to make will also be drawn. You have two weeks to make the AMV and submit. The winning AMV will be decided by the judges (based on its relation to theme, creativty, skill, etc.) and the person who wins will progress. As you progress, the themes become harder. The one who makes it through all the rounds and wins the Grand Final in the end will be crowned champion of the BAMV tournament!

The basic stuff to know:

Unlike the standard AMV competition, there are certain dates over the next few months which must be kept in mind. If you do enter, you will be kept updated on developments and the next deadlines, depending on your status in the tournament. The general timeline of the BAMV is as follows:

General acceptance period (FINISHED!)

April 2: Start of BAMV, accepting entries from EVERYONE.
May 8: Deadline for the acceptance round.
May 9: Start of judging of all the entries.
May 13: Judging of all entries end. Top 16 chosen.

Preliminary Finals Round (11 entrants left - 3 Matches. THAT'S NOW!)

May 14: Top 16 announced to the public. Start of the Preliminary Finals. Matches and themes are drawn. Accepting entries from the Top 16 entrants.
May 28: Deadline for entries in the Preliminary Finals.
May 29: Start of judging of the Preliminary Finals.
June 3: Judging of Preliminary Finals entries end. Top 8 chosen.

Quarter Final Round (8 entrants left)

June 4: Preliminary Finals winners announced to the public. Start of the Quarter Finals.
Matches and themes are drawn. Accepting entries from the Top 8 entrants.
June 18: Deadline for entries in the Quarter Finals.
June 19: Start of judging of the Quarter Finals.
June 24: Judging of the Quarter Finals entries end. Top 4 chosen.

Semi-Final Round (4 entrants left)

June 25: Quarter Finals winners announced to the public. Start of the Semi-Finals. Matches and themes are drawn. Accepting entries from the Top 4 entrants.
July 9: Deadline for entries in the Semi-Finals.
July 10: Start of judging of the Semi-Finals.
July 15: Judging of the Semi-Finals entries end. Top 2 chosen.

Grand Final (2 entrants left)

July 16: Semi-Finals winners announced to the public. Start of the Grand Final. The theme is drawn. Accepting entries from the last 2 entrants.
July 30: Deadline for entries in the Grand Final.
July 31: Start of judging of the Grand Final.
August 9: Judging of the Grand Final ends. Winner and Runner-up determined.

SMASH! Event Day

August 10: Winner and Runner-up of the SMASH! Blitz AMV tournament is announced on stage on the day!

More information can be found on our site: http://www.smash.org.au/bamv-tournament ... guidelines
You can submit your entry here on our form: http://amvblitz.smash.org.au/content/ro ... nce-period
Please note that you can enter both the Standard AMV Competition and Blitz at the same time! :mrgreen:

If you have any further questions about this tournament, or even the AMV competiton, do not hesitate to contact me or the AMV team via email (through amv@smash.org.au) or through this thread.

Good luck and I hope to see you guys enter!
Last edited by Renato on Thu May 23, 2013 7:41 am, edited 4 times in total.

MariaChrystal
SMASH! AMV Coordinator
Org Profile

Re: SMASH! Blitz AMV Tournament (Inaugural! - Deadline 30 Ap

Post by MariaChrystal » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:50 am

Heyo guys! Just letting you know, we got a little over 2 weeks till the deadline! :D

For those who are interested, send an entry soon as you can! ^^

Renato
Org Profile

Re: SMASH! Blitz AMV Tournament (Inaugural! - Deadline 30 Ap

Post by Renato » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:33 am

Just around three days to go till the deadline folks! :P

Those who haven't entered and have spare time in their hands, why don't you come over and enter? :P :mrgreen:

MariaChrystal
SMASH! AMV Coordinator
Org Profile

Re: SMASH! Blitz AMV Tournament (Inaugural! - Deadline 8 May

Post by MariaChrystal » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:23 am

Hiyo all!

If you haven't entered and would like too! We extended the deadline to May 8th! So c'mon and join us, it will be a fun ride~ :3

For those who has already entered, we will be giving out your first theme during that date. Hope you guys are looking forward to it! :D

Goodluck!! :3

Renato
Org Profile

Re: SMASH! Blitz AMV Tournament (Deadline extended to 8 May!

Post by Renato » Sat May 04, 2013 9:43 am

Not long to go till you submit your entries folks! Remember, the deadline at the end of this Wednesday, 8 May (Sydney Time) is fast approaching! :P

xPauChan
Org Profile

Post by xPauChan » Wed May 08, 2013 10:01 am

I just finished my entry and was going to submit it but it has just closed ;_; It's still the 8th here and I completely forgot about the huuuge timezone difference between Romania and Australia ._. Is there any way I could still send my entry? - I've actually had it done before the signup closed but somehow forgot to send it D:

Renato
Org Profile

Post by Renato » Wed May 08, 2013 7:15 pm

Sure. Just PM the following details to me (or on renato.gaylican@smash.org.au) and I'll add you in the form. :)

- Real Name
- Nickname
- Title of AMV
- AMV Group (If Any)
- Country you are from
- Link to your Blitz Entry
- Title & Description

xPauChan
Org Profile

Post by xPauChan » Thu May 09, 2013 12:42 am

Thank youu <3 will send you the entry as soon as I get home from school ;-;

Renato
Org Profile

Re: SMASH! Blitz AMV Tournament (Standby for Preliminaries!)

Post by Renato » Thu May 23, 2013 7:40 am

le double post.

First post has now been updated. I apologise for the extremely late update on this (my job is a pain in the ass) but here are the results of the General Acceptance Period!

Next time I promise to be early!

MariaChrystal
SMASH! AMV Coordinator
Org Profile

Re: SMASH! Blitz AMV Tournament (GAP Results out, Prelims on

Post by MariaChrystal » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:10 am

Hey guys! Sorry for the absence!

So far atm we already passed the The Preliminary Round!
The Preliminary Final Winners are now revealed! Now for the Quater Finals is up! Who goes on and who doesn't? And for those that do, who will you be drawn against and what themes? The only way to find out is by watching the video!

To watch/download the AMVs from Preliminary Round click here!

And now for the sets matches for the Quater Round that is already revealed in the video, goodluck to you all during this round! :D

Return to “AMV Contests”