silver_moon
Org Profile

Post by silver_moon » Tue Jul 23, 2002 1:42 am

Amazon.com has it for $527.00. I bought my version for about $860 in Candian dollars. Of course, there are lots of other programs that don't cost nearly that much.

You can read reviews other people left on all kinds of video editing software <A HREF="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/legacy/ ... p">here</A>. You can get there from your members main page. Under the Main Menu, there's a link labelled software.

The program I started out with was Pinnacle Studio Version 7. It cost not nearly as much as Premiere did (I payed about 100-150$ in Canadian... I can't remember exactly how much it was) and it was pretty good for the amount of money I spent. Of course, Premiere allows you to do much, much more than Pinnacle can and if you think you're going to really get into video editing, save money by buying Premiere now rather than later.

Of course, it might be easier to learn how to edit by starting with a simpler program. Premiere, like many Adobe programs, lets you do so much it's confusing trying to figure out how to do even simple things.

And make sure you have a pretty good computer, video editing takes a lot of diskspace and memory, even with not-so-high-end programs.
ImageImage

FurryCurry
Org Profile

Re: ^_^

Post by FurryCurry » Tue Jul 23, 2002 3:19 am

Saijinv wrote:8) It's cool. I don't mind it. Around what price does that program run around?
The cheapest way to get ahold of Premiere is to buy a Pinnacle DV 200. They run about $250 USD, and basically bundle Premiere 6 with a Firewire card and a driver disk. Alternatively, you can step up to a DV 500 for around $500 USD. does some sort of hardware acceleration, or something. (also comes with Premiere)
My Eyes Are The Victim's Eyes.
My Hands Are The Assailant's Hands.

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Tue Jul 23, 2002 10:47 am

At this point, you probably want to wait 'till Premiere 6.5 comes out. A couple months from now, you'll probably see all the hardware packages including 6.5 instead of 6.0.

Saijinv
Org Profile

Post by Saijinv » Tue Jul 23, 2002 11:27 am

Oh! I better save up then.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”