Welcome to the Future

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Doveamvs
Org Profile

Welcome to the Future

Post by Doveamvs » Fri May 17, 2013 12:07 pm

This is my 2nd amv, i tried to make something fast paced with ALOT of EPIC action. Enjoy~ ;D

imp
Org Profile

Re: Welcome to the Future

Post by imp » Fri May 17, 2013 1:06 pm

mmh,
dislike on the use of a logo, also tv logos.
scene at 0:05 has black bars, an easy scale can solve that, also at 2:25.

Further, you need to work more on your sync, both internal and beat syncing weren't that nice.
On the 2nd half of the AMV the scenes were way too slow for the music. Almost nothing happened for a few seconds, which is like eternity.
Further trying to make it fast paced just by increasing the speed of the source is bad in so far that it makes the movements look weird, unnatural.

I hope this will help you.
Finally complete and up-to-date:
http://amv.impdevelopment.eu

Doveamvs
Org Profile

Post by Doveamvs » Fri May 17, 2013 1:20 pm

Really appreciate it, that u took time to give me some tips(or tell me what wasnt so good, so next time i can do better). I will try match the beat syncing better next time, and at some parts where i sped the clips up, i did that because i wanted to sync it with the beat, didnt know how else to do it. Thanks again.

EDIT: This is answer to the post above ;p

NotReallyHere
The Macho Man
Org Profile

Post by NotReallyHere » Sat May 18, 2013 1:00 pm

I pretty much agree with imp here. Found it a bit lacking in overall concept as well. The first half is fighting and then it becomes fanservice. For your next amv I suggest thinking a bit about what the general thought behind your amv is (Even if it is just pewpew) and use only clips that fit into that thought. Speeding up stuff to sync it with the beat can work yeah. I suggest you check out this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_9_cfweTcw) video tutorial, it has some pretty good tips on how to use that. :)

Doveamvs
Org Profile

Post by Doveamvs » Sat May 18, 2013 2:38 pm

NotReallyHere wrote:I pretty much agree with imp here. Found it a bit lacking in overall concept as well. The first half is fighting and then it becomes fanservice. For your next amv I suggest thinking a bit about what the general thought behind your amv is (Even if it is just pewpew) and use only clips that fit into that thought. Speeding up stuff to sync it with the beat can work yeah. I suggest you check out this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_9_cfweTcw) video tutorial, it has some pretty good tips on how to use that. :)

Ok, thank you very much :], ill take a look at the video.

EDIT: The tutorial is really great, gave me some ideas how to match the beats better next time, and about the speeding up part. In my amv i just sped most of the clip up without paying attention how it look "overall"(that part of the clip) i just tried to hit the beat.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”