Maka and Soul: Soul Hunters

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Maka and Soul: Soul Hunters

Post by Hagaren Viper » Sat May 11, 2013 2:40 am

I don't remember how it started but Kazemon15 and I were talking about Hansel and Gretel, and this idea kicked me in the face and demanded I edit it right away. It's been a few years since Ive done a trailer, and it was pretty fun! And for a Hagaren Viper AMV, it was edited rather quickly as well. That'll never happen again.

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Re: Maka and Soul: Soul Hunters

Post by lloyd9988 » Sat May 11, 2013 3:11 am

Freakin' sweet. I love it :up:

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Sat May 11, 2013 3:34 am

awesome! :up: :up:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat May 11, 2013 9:10 am

My post today for the "Let's Get Active" campaign in General AMV! Grading Scale under spoiler.
Spoiler :
0 = Nonexistant
1-4 = Below Average. Lacking in key components that would make it an average quality.
5 = Average
6-9 = Above Average. Slightly above average, but lacking qualities that would make it something perfect.
10 = Perfect
Concept/Originality: A solid concept that was well executed. Creating a trailer around Hansel and Gretel, and by casting them as the protagonists of Soul Eater. It worked well, and was very consistent. The characters being cast by voice actors (and keeping them the same throughout the whole video) made it all the more solid, and the lip sync added to it. In terms of originality, I've seen stuff with this audio before, but it's not an often-explored territory. Although the scenes utilized were scenes that pretty much every soul eater AMV seems to have. 8/10

Editing/Sync: Extremely solid work, and the scene selection was fantastic. The scenes matched not only the context of the voice actors and the story, but the sound effects as well (slashes, gunfire, etc)! I can tell a lot of effort was put into this, and it shows. Some of the hard cuts were a bit harsh in terms of the scenes that were before/after them, and i didn't care for some of the black flashes, but it was few and far in-between, and I'm not sure how else one would edit those particular parts. All in all, though, it was the best part of the video. 8.5/10

Visuals/Audio: I was a little sad that it's in 480p, considering that there are other higher quality versions available at this time, but it's hard to complain. I mean, the footage is as clear as one can hope and is scripted well. No interlacing, no blocking, and the lines are crisp. The audio is also complaint free. 8/10

Digital Effects: I loved the Soul Hunters logo at the end. It was extremely well crafted and looked like a natural sign to the trailer. Still though, I wish it moved or something instead of just being static. I think it's a small think that would have added better to the effect. 8/10

Lip Sync: Well done! All in all, it was top-notch lip sync. Some of the bits were a tad off-kilter (or the faces didn't match the attitude in which they are being presented), but it was still far better than many average attempts. 8.5/10

Re-View: Like most trailers I watch, it's hard to really have much reviewability once I've seen it a few times. Still though, this is definitely a keeper, and a strong contender for trailer of the year in the VCAs. :) 7.5/10

Overall: Solid work! Great concept, fantastic execution with only a few bugs here and there that I personally didn't like. Definitely a MUST watch for the AMV Community. :up: 8/10

NotReallyHere
The Macho Man
Org Profile

Post by NotReallyHere » Sat May 11, 2013 10:00 am

This combo worked quite well and the scene selection was spot-on. Nice job! :)

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat May 11, 2013 8:51 pm

been waiting for this :-) You did a truly outstanding job. Everything was perfect!

imp
Org Profile

Post by imp » Sun May 12, 2013 3:12 am

This was so spot on! nice work!
Finally complete and up-to-date:
http://amv.impdevelopment.eu

Fizziks
Org Profile

Post by Fizziks » Wed May 15, 2013 11:39 pm

Awesome trailer vid man! Video and audio sync was really well done! :up: