So, about good media players...

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Re: So, about good media players...

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Fri May 17, 2013 9:14 pm

SMPlayer isn't too bad. That's what I used on my friend's computer when MPC stopped working.

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Fri May 17, 2013 10:01 pm

HalOfBorg wrote:Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling your players/codec pack?
I've uninstalled and reinstalled MPC several times, different versions and all, but still get the same result. I've also tried this Fix it program that's supposed to fix WMP and it brings WMP back to working order until I restart my computer - then it goes back to the way it was before. As for codecs, I haven't looked into those yet.[/quote]

Does that mean you haven't uninstalled/reinstalled, or don't have a current codec pack? Try CCCP from free-codes.com

http://free-codecs.com/download/Combine ... c_Pack.htm
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Fri May 17, 2013 10:52 pm

MPC + CCCP is my preferred way to go...that said I've never seen errors like that with it. May need to uninstall and reinstall everything related to it...

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Sat May 18, 2013 1:33 am

KMPlayer used to play stuff other players wouldn't play (or the playback suffered in someway) back when I was using a toaster, though I'm not sure how good it is today.

Could also try updating/reinstalling video/audio drivers, if all else fails.
Under Construction

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Sat May 18, 2013 3:05 am

Nothing works quite as well as a clean install of your OS...
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

So, about good media players...

Post by ngsilver » Sun May 19, 2013 3:13 am

FS has it right. I was having all kinds of codec and issues with mpchc (32 bit) until I clean installed my system. Now no issues at all. There could be some errant registry key somewhere causing these issues. Also, when you say MPC is it actually MPC or MPCHC? And as well, have you installed the latest version of cccp and mpchc with it? And again on top of that have you tried x64 ver of mpchc? When I had issues with the standard 32 bit ver I was able to play video fine with the x64 ver.
ImageImageImageImage

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Sun May 19, 2013 4:21 am

HalOfBorg wrote:Does that mean you haven't uninstalled/reinstalled, or don't have a current codec pack? Try CCCP from free-codes.com

Tried doing what you suggested and still no change. I almost wouln't mind doing an OS restore but not only did the computer not come with the windows disk, but there isn't even a partition for it. Guess I'm kind of up a creek there huh.

@ngsilver - I've been using MPC, I tried MPCHC after the former stopped working but there was no difference. I uninstalled both of them so I actually don't know which version I had, but I'll definitely look into that.

Really appreciate all the suggestions though, thanks to everyone stopping by. As much as I'm on computers there's quite a lot I don't know about them.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sun May 19, 2013 5:11 am

Don't understand what is to hate about VLC Player, it's the best >_>

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Sun May 19, 2013 9:15 am

I used to use VLC for files that wouldn't play in other players, but then I learned a bit about codecs almost never have problems.

I like MPC simply because the controls work right for me. Dbl click video, full screen. Click or spacebar pauses/resumes. I assume other players do that or can be changed in settings.
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sun May 19, 2013 10:10 am

Hagaren Viper wrote:
HalOfBorg wrote:Does that mean you haven't uninstalled/reinstalled, or don't have a current codec pack? Try CCCP from free-codes.com

Tried doing what you suggested and still no change. I almost wouln't mind doing an OS restore but not only did the computer not come with the windows disk, but there isn't even a partition for it. Guess I'm kind of up a creek there huh.

@ngsilver - I've been using MPC, I tried MPCHC after the former stopped working but there was no difference. I uninstalled both of them so I actually don't know which version I had, but I'll definitely look into that.

Really appreciate all the suggestions though, thanks to everyone stopping by. As much as I'm on computers there's quite a lot I don't know about them.
Systems purchased from big box retailers haven't come with their Windows OS discs since XP. Doesn't stop you from finding an iso around somewhere... You have a legal license to the software after all.

It's clear you fucked something up on your system. A new media player isn't the answer. Fixing the problem is the answer.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “General Discussion”