Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - WINNERS POSTED!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Cyrix
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2013 AMV Competition - DEADLINE: MAY 4th!!!!!

Post by Cyrix » Wed May 15, 2013 7:20 pm

When do DQ notices go out? Hoping I censored those lyrics appropriately...

Yup, waiting for the DQ list, and the preshow list 8-)

In the past I often found that there were horrifically miscategorized videos in every show, but that seems to have gotten better in the last few years. I'm interested to see the change implemented

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Wed May 15, 2013 7:42 pm

Cyrix wrote:When do DQ notices go out?
If a video was DQ'd and there is a possibility (and sufficient time) for the entrant to do something about that DQ, a notice is sent. Otherwise, no notices are sent.
Cyrix wrote:Yup, waiting for the DQ list, and the preshow list 8-)

In the past I often found that there were horrifically miscategorized videos in every show, but that seems to have gotten better in the last few years. I'm interested to see the change implemented
We don't post DQ lists publicly, nor will we ever. It feels too much like a "wall of shame" to me. If you haven't gotten a notice from us, then either 1) Your video is okay and will be presented to the judges, or 2) Your video might have been DQ'd, but there's nothing that could be done about it.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

Cyrix
Org Profile

Post by Cyrix » Wed May 15, 2013 8:10 pm

Oh, god, yeah, I worded that wrong... I shouldn't have used the word "list". But do you send out emails to those who are disqualified? A few years ago one of my videos was disqualified and I received an email about it, so I assumed that notifying those who were DQ'd via email was standard practice. That was under DP though and I don't even know if it was standard then or an exception. I'm just nervous about one of my entries for this year.

Of course, I don't have any shame anyway :awesome:

edit: Apparently you amended your post while I was writing mine and addressed that.

edit2: Oh, that brings a tangentially related question to mind: do you have any preference between receiving an individual's submissions all at once or one at a time as they are ready? I'd assumed the former, but considering the typical last-minute flood, maybe the latter...

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Wed May 15, 2013 11:49 pm

I'm pretty interested in this category change considering I wasn't sure weather to submit an entry to Comedy or Fun. Guess I know for sure where it would potentially go!
Cyrix wrote: edit2: Oh, that brings a tangentially related question to mind: do you have any preference between receiving an individual's submissions all at once or one at a time as they are ready? I'd assumed the former, but considering the typical last-minute flood, maybe the latter...
I actually asked that a while back, here's what he said [unless things have changed now, lol]
xstylus wrote:
Hagaren Viper wrote:Also I'm not sure if this would be an issue, but is sending different entries at different times ok? I might be working right up to the deadline, but I would like to send the videos I'm finished with sooner just in case I need to resend ect. Is this ok?
Obviously it would be preferable if you were to post all entries onto one form, but yes, you can. Just clearly mention in your email that you're doing so.

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Thu May 16, 2013 6:11 am

I forwarded along an updated form with no problem after I decided to submit another one.

Cyrix
Org Profile

Post by Cyrix » Thu May 16, 2013 7:10 pm

Hagaren Viper wrote: I actually asked that a while back, here's what he said [unless things have changed now, lol]
xstylus wrote:
Hagaren Viper wrote:Also I'm not sure if this would be an issue, but is sending different entries at different times ok? I might be working right up to the deadline, but I would like to send the videos I'm finished with sooner just in case I need to resend ect. Is this ok?
Obviously it would be preferable if you were to post all entries onto one form, but yes, you can. Just clearly mention in your email that you're doing so.
Ah, cool, thanks!

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Fri May 17, 2013 12:07 am

Ryvannis wrote:
This made me laugh way harder then I should have.
My work here is done. :)
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

Ryvannis
Org Profile

Post by Ryvannis » Fri May 17, 2013 1:00 am

Mispost.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Fri May 17, 2013 2:56 pm

Ryvannis wrote:Mispost.
Spoiler :
drama |:>
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Thu May 23, 2013 7:03 pm

Return to “AMV Contests”