Suisei no Gargantia

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Re: Suisei no Gargantia

Post by EkaCoralian » Mon May 13, 2013 4:36 pm

The show's not absolutely riddled with it, but I did find myself a bit aggravated at how we've pretty much gotten two fanservice episodes in a row.
(I know its a festival dance, but do we really need closeups of the gals booties with looped shaking and all that? I liked Amy's dance at the end, though. That looked more graceful to me).

But I still think this is my favorite of the season. Next episode seems more Hideauze-focused since the end of episode 6. :up:

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon May 13, 2013 7:18 pm

Yeah, I agree, it's got a bit fanservice-y in the last couple of eps, but it looks like it's getting on track with something now.
Spoiler :
Plot twist: Hideauze are actually from Earth?

Certainly the stuff about nanomachines and the various changes on Earth seems to hint that something is up.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Tue May 14, 2013 12:40 am

We all know what Ledo wants now. :ying:
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Tue May 14, 2013 12:59 pm

... Amy has friends and it would be sad if she didn't however, giving the main character something worth fighting for is also a good plot! ( too many wars are faught w/o knowing what your fighting for.
... As to finding-out that your enimy is Dinner to others puts a whole new twist on any battlefield. ( Mu-Ha-Ha )

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Thu May 16, 2013 1:59 am

This is actually better than expected. Definitely one of the better shows this season.
Under Construction

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Thu May 16, 2013 11:42 am

:nono: MFW the Hideauze ends up being a somewhat humanoid female with tentacles who also wants to hang out with Ledo and get to know him.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sun May 19, 2013 4:20 pm

Damn son, shit has hit all the fans.
Spoiler :
IS COMMANDER THE FIRST TO GO?!

I feel that going to the "whalesquid" territory is going to be the end-game situation that answers all the questions about this world and the Hidaeuze so the commander might really end up dying for the sake of that happening. Also Ledo domino affected this entire fleet to hell. Good job buddy.
IT'S GETTING INTENSE MAN. :ying: Really can't wait to see what unfolds in the end. Lots of questions that need answering in this show!

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sun May 19, 2013 9:28 pm

.. is .. this part of his 4 Weeks Leave .. on Avalon?
Spoiler :
He already has his Citizenship via Amy!

.. and, we don't know WHERE the Ergosphere/Wormhole exists!

the freedoms of Sleep, Food and Reproduction are available.

.. the only thing that makes any sence is they are caught between Wormholes!

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon May 20, 2013 12:19 am

pacotacoshell wrote:Damn son, shit has hit all the fans.
Spoiler :
IS COMMANDER THE FIRST TO GO?!

I feel that going to the "whalesquid" territory is going to be the end-game situation that answers all the questions about this world and the Hidaeuze so the commander might really end up dying for the sake of that happening. Also Ledo domino affected this entire fleet to hell. Good job buddy.
IT'S GETTING INTENSE MAN. :ying: Really can't wait to see what unfolds in the end. Lots of questions that need answering in this show!
Agreed, as I predicted, things have finally got moving and shit has most definitely got real!
Great episode :up: I have a very good feeling about where the last half of this show is going.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon May 20, 2013 3:23 pm

Ok ok, so hear me out here...
Spoiler :
So, Chamber cannot reconnect. The reason he can't reconnect is because he and Ledo went back in time when they went through the wormhole. Ledo ends up inadvertently starting the entire war by killing the whalesquid ;____;

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”