Left Alone In The Past

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Niyaosity
Org Profile

Re: Left Alone In The Past

Post by Niyaosity » Mon May 13, 2013 7:53 pm

My apologies for the late reply! I've just re-encoded the video and have also applied a few changes to the AMV (with Kariudo's permission). There isn't much of a change, I've just fixed the lip flap and have removed some of the text. The banding/quality issues are still present as I couldn't find a way to fix those.
Radical_Yue wrote:
Niyaosity wrote: I just had to google what "roto" work was. Isn't that a brush tool from Adobe After Effects? If so, nope; I've yet to learn to use that program (I've tried to sometime ago, but it seemed a little complicated to me compared to Sony Vegas). If you're referring to the black and white clips with a few colors being highlighted, then that was "Color Corrector (Secondary)" effect from Sony Vegas.
Ah! I had a feeling it was either a quickie roto or a filter along those lines. Looks like you either used desaturate all but reds or desaturate highs now that I check it out again.

There are a couple roto tools in After Effects, but Vegas actually has a roto tool too! It's not the best in the world but it gets the job done. I'm a Vegas user myself, by the way :D

If you ever need any help, feel free to hit me up on here or skype. :up:
Thank you so much, I'll definitely flick you a message if I ever need any help. ^^ I'm still clueless at rendering/encoding, I used to go with whatever until I found a little guide on this forum and realised I wasn't anywhere close to doing it correctly, LOL. I still am not, but I've at least made a slight improvement. Most of the technical stuff goes "whoooosh" over my head. xD
Warlike Swans wrote:It was a good watch. I agree with Yue that the video would have been stronger had the poem been edited. The text drew away from the video at times rather than adding to it. Another issue I had with the text was the font for the poem and the font for the cell phone were too similar. If you submit this to contests, you'll also have to worry about text outside of the title safe area getting cut off.

The coloring is good. Narration is good, though at the end I'm not sure if the girl is committing suicide or just is in a bad mental state.

I really enjoyed this though :up:

Sidenote:
The preview is incredibly glitched. It told me the video was 4234 minutes long, and I could only ever get either the audio or the video to play, not both at once.
Thank you! I actually used two different fonts for both the poem and cellphone. You're right though, it did look quite similar. I didn't notice it until you pointed it out, and so I've fixed it before re-uploading. Thank you for your helpful criticism!

At the end, she doesn't commit suicide, she's just in a really bad mental state.

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

chibiookami86
Org Profile

Post by chibiookami86 » Tue May 14, 2013 2:39 pm

Woah! I was going to let this play in the corner of my screen but it definitely grabbed my attention. So much so that I had to watch it again. Along with some of the comments above it was about difficult for my eyes to locate the texts, read it, and still see what was going on.

Still a good watch.

Niyaosity
Org Profile

Post by Niyaosity » Tue May 14, 2013 3:57 pm

chibiookami86 wrote:Woah! I was going to let this play in the corner of my screen but it definitely grabbed my attention. So much so that I had to watch it again. Along with some of the comments above it was about difficult for my eyes to locate the texts, read it, and still see what was going on.

Still a good watch.
Thank you so much, your comment means a lot to me! I've tried the best I could to remove as much of the poem as possible, but the lines I've left as is were really tempting for me to keep because they seemed so potent to me. I could've centered it all, but as I've mentioned before- they seemed to be blocking the clips at some parts, so I had to either put them at the bottom or top. I'm normally not into text usage, but I definitely am going to have to work on it. I'm happy you enjoyed it though!

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Thu May 16, 2013 4:47 pm

This was pretty nice, very enjoyable indeed. Since everyone said pretty much of everything let me just say this, I am a fan of text, but next time if you do decide to use text don't do too much of it because then it can actually ruin the amv when you see it after every 5-10 or so seconds. Also make sure it's at a place where it's not too much of a deal where you want to see a scene and the text is in the way, then that just get annoying.

I liked it & Hope to see new ones from you!

catgod
cat stalker
Org Profile

Post by catgod » Thu May 16, 2013 10:14 pm

canadian
do you even kininarimasu!?
http://shitstirspearesays.tumblr.com/

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”