Before I Go

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

Before I Go

Postby SelfishPromise » Sun May 12, 2013 4:21 pm

It's been a while, lol.
So, I decided to make something for a local AMV contest, since they usually lack entries. Paco challenged me to make a happy Anohana video, and I thought "hey why not?". But then the deadline started creeping behind my back and I ended up using too many zoom outs because everything looked boring to me.
Anyways, enjoy :D
SelfishPromise

Re: Before I Go

Postby imp » Mon May 13, 2013 1:57 am

This was awesome! it was happy, just my stupid brain and memories made it sad.
It's happy and sad ^^;

I wouldn't say you used too many zooms, a lot of the scenes are quite still, and these zoom outs made the amv "jumpier" (?) which is like... happy.

really enjoyed it.
Code: Select all
/*
 *  Author's note:
 *  Software engineering is the part of computer science which is too difficult for the computer scientist.
 */
imp

Postby SelfishPromise » Mon May 13, 2013 4:17 pm

Impiety wrote:This was awesome! it was happy, just my stupid brain and memories made it sad.
It's happy and sad ^^;

I wouldn't say you used too many zooms, a lot of the scenes are quite still, and these zoom outs made the amv "jumpier" (?) which is like... happy.

really enjoyed it.

Well, I was having a tough time selecting the scenes because I wanted to make people forget that this anime isn't that cheerful, at least for the 3 minutes of the video. Guess I didn't quite succeed, lol.
About the zooms, a friend told me about that before I was done, so I started paying more attention to the amount of zooms I was adding and that's probably why I feel like it has too many :sweat:

Thank you! :D
SelfishPromise

Postby Shin-AMV » Tue May 14, 2013 2:20 pm

its nice to see a happy ano hana video for a change. :up:
Shin-AMV

Postby post-it » Tue May 14, 2013 7:03 pm

the audio is out-of-phase, that was recorded that way by Idiots who don't know how to align mics! - 1/9th

I like the total lack of disregard she has for others doing work - its silly ^__^

I like it :pizza: :pizza: :taco: :asd: :asd:
post-it

Postby [madaraxD] » Thu May 16, 2013 12:59 am

Not bad! i enjoy it :3, and it was cool see a happy ano hana vid instead of the typics drama videos so :up:
[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis

Postby SelfishPromise » Fri May 17, 2013 12:11 pm

Shin-AMV wrote:its nice to see a happy ano hana video for a change. :up:

post-it wrote:I like it :pizza: :pizza: :taco: :asd: :asd:

[madaraxD] wrote:Not bad! i enjoy it :3, and it was cool see a happy ano hana vid instead of the typics drama videos so :up:

Thanks guys! :D
SelfishPromise

Postby NotReallyHere » Sun May 19, 2013 1:26 pm

That was a fun, very happy vid. I liked it. There are indeed a lot of zooms, but it never really bothered me or anything, so don't worry about that. :)
NotReallyHere
Just for Fun

Postby Koopiskeva » Tue May 21, 2013 8:02 pm

really like the fun aspect of this vid, wish there were less of the constant zoom-outs but really enjoyed it nonetheless
Hi.
Koopiskeva
|:

Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.

Postby Kisagi » Tue May 21, 2013 9:48 pm

such a fun vid, nice!
Kisagi
The sexy Artist

Postby AimoAio » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:03 pm

I felt like you really overused those zoom outs and blurs, I like them generally since they help pick up the pacing for slower static scenes but there were so many and some went by so quickly I had trouble following them so it made it difficult to enjoy the scenes. The editing also felt too consistent, by that I mean it felt monotonous. Like it was always the same pacing, the same feeling. There weren't really any "ups and downs" so it didn't quite flow with the mood of the song. That being said, major props for making a happy AnoHana video. I especially love how you integrated Menma into the video, like she was alive and part of them all along and not well...a ghost. It gives it a really heartwarming feeling, nice work! :up:
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy

Postby SelfishPromise » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:10 pm

NotReallyHere wrote:That was a fun, very happy vid. I liked it. There are indeed a lot of zooms, but it never really bothered me or anything, so don't worry about that. :)

Koopiskeva wrote:really like the fun aspect of this vid, wish there were less of the constant zoom-outs but really enjoyed it nonetheless

Kisagi wrote:such a fun vid, nice!

Thank you! :D

AimoAio wrote:I felt like you really overused those zoom outs and blurs, I like them generally since they help pick up the pacing for slower static scenes but there were so many and some went by so quickly I had trouble following them so it made it difficult to enjoy the scenes. The editing also felt too consistent, by that I mean it felt monotonous. Like it was always the same pacing, the same feeling. There weren't really any "ups and downs" so it didn't quite flow with the mood of the song. That being said, major props for making a happy AnoHana video. I especially love how you integrated Menma into the video, like she was alive and part of them all along and not well...a ghost. It gives it a really heartwarming feeling, nice work! :up:

Thank you for the comment :) The reason behind those zooms is actually really stupid. I was unsure of what to do because the video didn't have the intensity I wanted it to have (the lack of ups and downs you mentioned), so I just started adding zooms to every clip. By the end of the video, I was cringing every time I added a new zoom because I felt I was being too repetitive. Now I know what I shouldn't do whenever I feel the same way :sweat:

But I'm glad I was able to make this anime look a bit happier than it is!
SelfishPromise

Return to AMV Announcements