The Happy Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Otohiko
Org Profile

Re: The Happy Thread

Post by Otohiko » Thu May 09, 2013 4:21 am

Glad you guys had fun! :up:

Meanwhile, I was out just a few miles away with Flint the Dwarf, enjoying an awesome night with one of our mutual favourite bands, Riverside.

Fantastic show. Hardly one of my first, but at least musically, one of the best that I've been to. The band was perfect. This is their first real US tour, and I am super-happy I got to see them up close in a small-ish setting - I'd bet a lot of things that they will be playing much bigger venues in North America soon, much like they are in Europe.
Lots of fun was also had. My face practically melted with music-induced joy when they played my two favourite songs of theirs back to back.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

The Happy Thread

Post by CodeZTM » Sat May 11, 2013 10:09 pm

Watched the great gatsby with the family and had a fantastic dinner. Just a really fun Saturday night. :)

catgod
cat stalker
Org Profile

Post by catgod » Sun May 12, 2013 1:43 am

SENIOR BALL WAS AWESOME.
do you even kininarimasu!?
http://shitstirspearesays.tumblr.com/

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun May 12, 2013 10:46 am

Gewd times on my Chicago trip, now time to head back home! :3
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon May 13, 2013 2:11 pm

Great weekend with the parents in town. Ate too much food, but it was delicious :Q

Jwalk0
Org Profile

Post by Jwalk0 » Tue May 14, 2013 2:20 pm

Jan '13 - May '13 was the most successful college semester I've ever had. 5 classes along with an already busy lifestyle and still came out on top.

Thank you Lord. The sky's the limit.
"Someday humankind will come to understand one another! I sincerely believe that!" Fei Fong Wong
"We live to make the impossible possible! That is our Focus!" Claire 'Lightning' Farron
"Believe in yourself, and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." Toonami

The Lord Jesus Christ is the only way.
Image Image

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Wed May 15, 2013 12:23 am

Had an amazing steak at Applebee's today :ying:

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Wed May 15, 2013 8:59 pm

Well, within 48 hours of updating my resume (see my recent vent posts as to why) and putting it out there with some applications I've gotten quite a few interested parties in my skills in the area. I'm attempting to schedule a meeting with a recruiter tomorrow afternoon (ducking out early with permission from my team lead) and while I was napping I got an email/call from another recruiter for another position. We'll see if any of these bring about an offer that I can take back for matching or submission of my 2 weeks.

I've been increasing the urgency of my requests for a proper raise and they appear to be falling on deaf ears. Today I was also told that my request for training (looking to get my MCSE in Server 2012 Infrastructure Design) was most likely going to be denied because I'm not a new hire and didn't turn it in early enough (ya know, because only getting the info to fill it out last week, having to schedule my training dates around on-calls and other team members taking training to ensure coverage, and the guy handling the paperwork not being in the office most of the time to submit paperwork with sensitive things like my SSN on it to directly, is all MY fault....) so I'm even less willing to stick it out for the 'learning experiences' and 'better life' bullshit (you know, because not getting any sleep when I'm on-call every other week due to constant escalations is really giving me a better quality of life.)

As much as I like my co-workers and the atmosphere at the office (management not included) it's time for them to put their money where their mouth is. Cuz' I'm sick of having appreciative hot air blown up my ass.

(..... this so sounds more like a vent then a happy post...... )
ImageImageImageImage

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Wed May 15, 2013 11:47 pm

Was able to preform the Navi Dive today on Ocarina of Time. After a few more days of practice, I should be able to beat Ocarina of Time in less than an hour.

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Fri May 17, 2013 12:23 am

Finally found and fixed the problem that wasn't allowing me to play a game. Woop woop! (:
ImageImage

Return to “General Discussion”