Moonfall

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Moonfall

Post by Shin-AMV » Thu May 09, 2013 11:53 am

I love both sources so I put them together. Special thanks to Hagaren Viper for some artwork to make some stuff happen that doesn't happen in the show
Spoiler :
VAN AND HITOMI Y U NO KISS!!!
Makes me feel kinda old since I remember watching this only a few years after it came out and the show is something like 17 years old now so I dunno how a younger audience will feel about it, but whatevs.

Hope you enjoy.

Pic4
needs more cowbells
Org Profile

Re: Moonfall

Post by Pic4 » Thu May 09, 2013 1:08 pm

I love it. :ying:
Easily driven

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Thu May 09, 2013 1:49 pm

All your work really paid off. It came out beautifully.

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Thu May 09, 2013 4:30 pm

Two words: Love it.

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Thu May 09, 2013 6:00 pm

Awesome, but not orgasmic.
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

Niwa
Cake Addiction
Org Profile

Post by Niwa » Thu May 09, 2013 6:38 pm

I thought the first part of video which is from the start until 01:02 was really well crafted and it had that sort of energy that you wanted for the song. From 01:02 and onward, I just felt that the video went downhill from there, it didn't have the same magic that it had from the beginning. Especially parts like 01:17 was really anti-climatic for me since you would've expected some kind of impact from the chorus. As for the effects, the white blinds at 02:40-02:44 is still a mystery to me, but I thought the cards and the compositions you did blended really well with the source, and that being a main focus of the video.

Overall I quite liked that :up: editing and pacing wise are as good as always. I would've personally like to see the pacing a bit faster for this song and tighter sync aswell but that's a minor thing. I'm more interested of the show now, I should give this one a watch :o

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu May 09, 2013 8:59 pm

My post today for the "Let's Get Active" campaign in General AMV! Grading Scale under spoiler.
Spoiler :
0 = Nonexistant
1-4 = Below Average. Lacking in key components that would make it an average quality.
5 = Average
6-9 = Above Average. Slightly above average, but lacking qualities that would make it something perfect.
10 = Perfect
Concept/Originality: Conceptually, it's actually kind of hard to get a read on what this video is specifically. Upon reading the video info, it seems like it was just an attempt at making a good combination between this audio and video, since you seemed to enjoy them both so much. In that light, the concept was to meld the audio and video together to make them match as best as you could. If that was the goal, I feel like you did a good job of it. It may not be the most specific concept, but I felt like the audio and video really did a great job together. I loved the transitions where the characters would zoom in/out in sync with how the singer was eccentuating a specific word. Just little stuff like that really made it all come together. In terms of originality though, Escaflowne drama isn't anything new, but I will give you credit for utilizing an artist to make your own scene, and using scenes that weren't totally overused. 7.5/10

Editing/Sync: Overall, it was a hit and miss with me. Like I mentioned in concept/originality, I loved where some scenes would transition in tone with how the singer was holding a note. I also thought the scene selection was well done, and the whole AMV felt like it solidly captured the mood of the song and its atmosphere never wavered. I also compliment the use of an artist and utilizing so well. The scene looked natural and having never seen Escaflowne, I would have never guessed it was fanart. Major compliments to yourself and Mr. Viper.

That being said, there were some editing/sync choices I wasn't a fan of. I felt like the video was oddly paced. It felt like after the minute or so buildup (and Niwa alluded to this), the video was in "LETS GO" mode and was really focusing on action elements and doesn't have the solid focus the first bit of the video had. There was a break somewhere round the 2:10 mark, but that was the buildup for the climax, so I was expecting that. I also felt like there were some time-paradox issues. By that, I mean that there might be a scene with the main male character bloody and in rags, and in the VERY next scene, he's up and fighting. I know it's action/drama and it doesn't matter in the long run, but I felt like there were some bits that could have been highlighted better to keep with pacing/time.

The lyric sync was a bit silly at times, but I was on the edge of loving it for its quirkyness in such a serious video or thinking it was out of place. "Raise it up!" with the sword pull ups or about the "knight" always referring to the main male protagonist.

Overall though, this was solid work in editing. My few complaints are usually the same complaints I have with a majority of action/drama videos, so it may just be a personal issue. 7.5/10

Visuals/Audio: Did this get a blu-ray release? Because it's really pretty. :D 9/10

Re-View: I really liked it. My issues with the editing aside, it's actually an entertaining watch that I very much enjoyed and will likely continue to enjoy for quite a while. :up: 8/10

Effects: Solid work. It felt natural and well integrated when it was used. Again, I compliment the fanart utilization and the masking was also very well done. 9/10

Overall: A few issues I had personally with the editing/concept is generally overpowered by the fact that this video has an amazing atmosphere/mood and is a really great tribute to Escaflowne and this band. I'm totally checking out this band too. 8/10

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu May 09, 2013 9:45 pm

But I liked this quite a bit more than Magic Eye. Still not perfect but better :up:

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Fri May 10, 2013 3:28 am

nice, I like it a lot :awesome:

purplepolecat
Org Profile

Post by purplepolecat » Sat May 11, 2013 11:39 am

From now on, only Shin is allowed to use Florence + The Machine as an audio source.

I'm just going to go watch this and Magic Eye on repeat for a few hours.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”