Quicktime issue with Zarxgui

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Quicktime issue with Zarxgui

Post by SailorDeath » Wed May 08, 2013 11:45 pm

It looks like something has gone awry with zarxgui and when I use an mp4 container with quicktime. I've tested this using the older version. I've also tested this with using an mkv container. If I select those formats it encodes fine. If I use mp4 as a container it'll render with no errors but when I try and open the file I get "cannot render file" the audio stream is a PCM 16bit 48khz stereo. I tried uninstalling quicktime along with deleting any remnants and reinstall it and I get the same result so it's as if something in the latest verison doesn't like zarxgui. I'll just use mkv with the latest one for now or the older version if I need to use mp4 but figured I'd let you know in case there is a fix.
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

acton70
Org Profile

Re: Quicktime issue with Zarxgui

Post by acton70 » Thu May 09, 2013 11:32 am

SailorDeath wrote:It looks like something has gone awry with zarxgui and when I use an mp4 container with quicktime. I've tested this using the older version. I've also tested this with using an mkv container. If I select those formats it encodes fine. If I use mp4 as a container it'll render with no errors but when I try and open the file I get "cannot render file" the audio stream is a PCM 16bit 48khz stereo. I tried uninstalling quicktime along with deleting any remnants and reinstall it and I get the same result so it's as if something in the latest verison doesn't like zarxgui. I'll just use mkv with the latest one for now or the older version if I need to use mp4 but figured I'd let you know in case there is a fix.
I'm having the same problem, I just uninstall quicktime and use Libvoaac which it defaults to if quicktime isn't present, it's kind of bugging me though. A few people have had this problem from what I've seen.

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Thu May 09, 2013 12:38 pm

acton70 wrote:
SailorDeath wrote:It looks like something has gone awry with zarxgui and when I use an mp4 container with quicktime. I've tested this using the older version. I've also tested this with using an mkv container. If I select those formats it encodes fine. If I use mp4 as a container it'll render with no errors but when I try and open the file I get "cannot render file" the audio stream is a PCM 16bit 48khz stereo. I tried uninstalling quicktime along with deleting any remnants and reinstall it and I get the same result so it's as if something in the latest verison doesn't like zarxgui. I'll just use mkv with the latest one for now or the older version if I need to use mp4 but figured I'd let you know in case there is a fix.
I'm having the same problem, I just uninstall quicktime and use Libvoaac which it defaults to if quicktime isn't present, it's kind of bugging me though. A few people have had this problem from what I've seen.

The problem is something like the installation becoming corrupted. It happens. I may be missing a file that's installed in another folder that the audio encoder is referencing. I know I saw in another thread that Zarxrax was going to remove the QT encoder from future version. Most cons now also accept mkv formats (and mkv is a much more robust container IMO) the libvoaac had sync issue IIRC. I didn't try downgrading to an older version. The current one I have installed is 7.7.3. I can't remember when I upgraded to that version, but I can say that I hadn't tried encoding anything in zarxgui2 since last October (and 7.7.3 came out a month later)

I'll try installing 7.6 from here (http://support.apple.com/downloads/#quicktime) and seeing if it fixes the issue.
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Fri May 10, 2013 11:16 am

Personally I think MKV with FLAC audio would be better choice anyways since most people use the default settings in zarx264gui when encoding which typically ends up as High Profile @ Level 5.1 for most HD encodes. I don't really see why it would be necessary to use the MP4 container as the main advantage for that would be hardware compatibility and most hardware does not support above High Profile @ Level 4.1 anyways.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

butterflo
Org Profile

Post by butterflo » Fri May 10, 2013 12:58 pm

From what I've figured, this issue is specific to
Quicktime 7.7.3 with Apple shared components (like Apple Software Support) combined with Zarx264GUI 2.0 / MP4 output with qtaac codec.

Simply reverting to Quicktime 7.7.2 won't fix this issue because Apple shared components are still looking for Quicktime 7.7.3.
The solution I've found is uninstalling all Apple shared components, then reverting to Quicktime 7.7.2. This will pass through 99% crash on MP4/qtaac output.

The problem with this solution is that it makes itunes unable to use..
watch my videos here:
https://butterflo.me

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Wed May 15, 2013 5:00 pm

You can try the new beta version which is not reliant on quicktime:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 1&t=114239

Ryvannis
Org Profile

Post by Ryvannis » Mon May 20, 2013 12:17 am

l33tmeatwad wrote:Personally I think MKV with FLAC audio would be better choice anyways since most people use the default settings in zarx264gui when encoding which typically ends up as High Profile @ Level 5.1 for most HD encodes. I don't really see why it would be necessary to use the MP4 container as the main advantage for that would be hardware compatibility and most hardware does not support above High Profile @ Level 4.1 anyways.
Why MKV?

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Mon May 20, 2013 12:54 am

MP4 doesn't accept FLAC (it has ALAC though which is roughly the same, more or less). MKV has a wider pool of supported formats as well as a deeper chapter format implemented (technically MP4 should have roughly the same things as MKV does, but I don't think most of it is actually implemented), though the latter hardly concerns AMVers.

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Tue May 21, 2013 3:14 am

ETA someone hacks an AMV entirely out of linked segments from other titles.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue May 21, 2013 5:10 am

Mister Hatt wrote:ETA someone hacks an AMV entirely out of linked segments from other titles.
It's hard because you don't have much control and would always have to start on keyframes.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”