Org Profile

Re: Avisynth open failure???

Post by FlamingMangos » Wed May 08, 2013 7:18 pm

o it works for AvsP.

FlamingMangos
Org Profile

Post by FlamingMangos » Wed May 08, 2013 7:18 pm

Is it the same as Virtual Dub or something?

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Avisynth open failure???

Post by l33tmeatwad » Wed May 08, 2013 7:20 pm

FlamingMangos wrote:Is it the same as Virtual Dub or something?
No, but it is useful for scripting. I think you downloaded 64bit virtual dub, which is why it isn't working in that. Redownload the 32bit version and try again.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

FlamingMangos
Org Profile

Post by FlamingMangos » Wed May 08, 2013 7:24 pm

Nope.... Does not seem to work. Urghhh.

FlamingMangos
Org Profile

Post by FlamingMangos » Wed May 08, 2013 7:36 pm

uhh.. I think I got it working now. I just put Video.mkv.mkv and it seems to work now.

FlamingMangos
Org Profile

Post by FlamingMangos » Wed May 08, 2013 7:39 pm

I have a question. How do I keep the audio and subtitles?

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Thu May 09, 2013 10:47 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:so, instead of recognizing that <video.mkv> was a variable name meaning whatever your video file name actually is, you just renamed your mkv to "video.mkv" ?

I'm going to guess that since you're avs file is suffixed by.avs.avs you have file extensions hidden... try turning them on and seing what your video file is actually named.
Nice catch, I didn't think about that and it was the solution, lol...
RTW47 wrote:hi^^ If this is cplugin version. It's for extra colorspaces in avisynth 2.6.x. It won't autoload automatically from the Plug-In folder and have to be loaded manually with "LoadCPlugin()"
FlamingMangos if this dont help try using regular version: https://code.google.com/p/ffmpegsource/ ... ms-2.17.7z
Opsy, that would explain why the function stopped working after they tried that, haha...help fail :sweat:...thanks for pointing out I linked the wrong one (fixed my original post), should pay more attention when posting from my phone.
FlamingMangos wrote:uhh.. I think I got it working now. I just put Video.mkv.mkv and it seems to work now.
Sorry for linking to the wrong version of the plugin (the cplugin), glad to see you got it working. To avoid doubling the extension like you did before, here is how to disable hide extensions.
FlamingMangos wrote:I have a question. How do I keep the audio and subtitles?
Mister Hatt posted the answer to this in your other thread, basically if want it hard subbed you will need to extract the subtitles and use something like textsub to pull them into avisynth.

Tools to extract subtitles:
MKVtoolnix
MKV Extract GUI-2 (Place in the mkvtoolnix folder)

The subs are most likely in Advance Sub Station format, you could use assrender or textsub, most use textsub.

Here is an example script (assuming the subs are named "subtitles.ass"):

Code: Select all

video = ffvideosource("video.mkv")
audio = ffaudiosource("video.mkv")

return AudioDub(video,audio).textsub("subtitles.ass")
Now you have to be careful if you plan on re-encoding the audio, because if the original audio was AAC then there will be an added delay from the first encode and you wouldn't need to re-encode the audio (simply mux it in afterwards). If the original audio is FLAC you should be fine to re-encode.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Sat May 11, 2013 9:59 am

Also to note, if you changed the framerate or number of frames in any way (during editing or pre-processing), you will need to resync the subtitle scene cuts. The easiest way to do this is open the video in aegisub after you've made your modifications, then go to the Timing Post Processor and set it to snap to scene boundaries. A good default for accuracy is '4' for all settings.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”