lain.she.is

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
catgod
cat stalker
Org Profile

Re: lain.she.is

Post by catgod » Tue May 07, 2013 9:31 pm

That was sick nasty awesome!
:up: :up: :up:
With "clubby" repetitive songs like this I usually get bored and quit watching half-way but the way you edited it kept me attentive so GOLD STAR for that!~
Also another GOLD STAR for "being that amv that makes me want to watch the anime!~~"
do you even kininarimasu!?
http://shitstirspearesays.tumblr.com/

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Wed May 08, 2013 12:01 am

This video makes me want to both scream and shout. However, I have yet to let it all out.

But seriously, I like it. :up:

Pic4
needs more cowbells
Org Profile

Post by Pic4 » Wed May 08, 2013 6:00 am

I hate dat song. But the video was cool, because it feels sarcastic for me. I think it's because the song has a good mood - but the video doesn't and that's kind of funny. :up:
Easily driven

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Wed May 08, 2013 8:14 am

Well song is crappy, but editing is quite fine , tho bit too repetitive maybe. It kinda started to loose its power towards the end for me, still pretty well executed :up:
Still better than that MMO.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sun May 12, 2013 12:10 pm

NightMistress85 wrote:First AMV I've seen to the song. The poster for this made me think it'd be something funny and more parody-like, but it turned out more abstract. Not in a bad way though. It was more interesting than the song is.
Yeah, it wasn't intended to be comedy, hence why I didn't flag it as comedy in the description...but I suppose the banner I chose did throw a few people off...lol
Theredflash66 wrote:Oh boy what is this?
If you figure it out let me know, as I have not figured that one out yet, haha...
CodeZTM wrote:My post today for the "Let's Get Active" campaign in General AMV! Grading Scale under spoiler.
Spoiler :
0 = Nonexistant
1-4 = Below Average. Lacking in key components that would make it an average quality.
5 = Average
6-9 = Above Average. Slightly above average, but lacking qualities that would make it something perfect.
10 = Perfect
Concept/Originality: Congratulations on continuing to make odd combinations work REALLY well. I loved this combination and thought it was really well thought out. The use of the Lain club scenes and really odd computer animations really worked well with this techno-esque song. Definitely an original type of dance video with a more serious focus than the usual upbeat/fun focus. There were some areas where I felt the concept was a bit too repeated (see editing/sync), but still overall a well executed video. 8.5/10

Editing/Sync: The primary thing that really struck through my head was the repeated use of the disco ball and the very similar looking club scenes used repeatedly for lyrical sync. I dunno. I mean, it fit the first time was was kind of clever, but seeing it repeated several times made it lose its effect. Similar to the "all eyes on us" sync which felt repeated often as well. I actually didn't see this as a comedy video though. I also want to mention that the extended scene of the DJ giving Lain could have been shortened or focused more on to make it more impactful. In terms of editing, I liked the fusion of the hard cuts and fades, and I felt like it well balanced, but there were times the hard cuts really had a staggering effect (usually when the video would transition from one type of colored dark scnee to a more brightly colored scene), but it was few. Other than that though, I thought the rest of the video was really well done creating a horror/creepy video with a fairly upbeat song, and the two sources melded really well together! I loved how there was a sub-plot (or I may have imagined this, I tend to overthink) of the techno stuff being a metaphor for the club-drug scene, which made the ending all the more impacting. 8/10

Visuals/Audio: Solid visuals and audio. No real complains in this department. 9/10

Lip Sync: Well done and it was actually really effective when you chose to use it. Actually, I felt like the first half of the video could have used more of it! 9/10

Re-View: A cool video I think I'll watch for a while. Very unique and interesting to watch and try to catch everything. 8.5/10

Overall: I dug it. There were really minor things I think it could have polished up on, but had a really unique concept to it, and it was well fleshed out. 8.5/10
Thanks, very glad you enjoyed it! Yeah, the club stuff was recycled a bit, however there's only about 45 seconds of useable unique club footage in the series as the series itself recycles this footage. Most everyone was telling me I was crazy for attempting an upbeat Lain video, and I ended up surprising a few people by maintaining the pace of the video for 3 minutes. Also, you are not crazy, I started off with no storyline and ended up making a mini story inside of the video...unintentionally, lol!
chit wrote:That was sick nasty awesome!
:up: :up: :up:
With "clubby" repetitive songs like this I usually get bored and quit watching half-way but the way you edited it kept me attentive so GOLD STAR for that!~
Also another GOLD STAR for "being that amv that makes me want to watch the anime!~~"
Awesome to hear, Lain is quite the interesting series and I hope you enjoy it if you do end up watching it |:>
Amaterasu wrote:This video makes me want to both scream and shout. However, I have yet to let it all out.

But seriously, I like it. :up:
Constipated? :ying:
Pic4 wrote:I hate dat song. But the video was cool, because it feels sarcastic for me. I think it's because the song has a good mood - but the video doesn't and that's kind of funny. :up:
Haha, that is exactly how I felt about the concept when started this video :awesome:
Milk Or Life! wrote:Well song is crappy, but editing is quite fine , tho bit too repetitive maybe. It kinda started to loose its power towards the end for me, still pretty well executed :up:
Yeah...Lain doesn't exactly have a lot of fast paced footage so I had to make due. It definitely does trail off near the end, but I kept the pace and energy the best I could based on the limited footage I had to work with.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Tue May 21, 2013 8:20 pm

I had expected it to be weirder, though you did succeed in making me watch a video using that song... still at least it wasn't lain at the gay bar...
Hi.

pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Wed May 22, 2013 9:21 pm

LOL. This was meant to be?

I wanted to see this song used on here in some way and this was awesome :D

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”