i am invincible » g υ ι l т y c r o w n .

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Minimejonas
Org Profile

i am invincible » g υ ι l т y c r o w n .

Post by Minimejonas » Tue May 07, 2013 6:17 pm

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2a_SI2tFco
Video: i am invincible » g υ ι l т y c r o w n .
Category: Action
Anime: Guilty Crown
Song: I Am Invincible
Artist: Machine Gun Kelly
Creator: Minimejonas http://www.youtube.com/user/MiniMeJonas
Time Taken: 3 days
Fonts: Champagne and Limousines
Program: Vegas Pro 11
Dedicated to: MadWorldProductions, and especially xSangoSan195 for answering all my questions and being a huge inspiration to me.

First off I want to say sorry for the long hiatus. I kind of lost my muse for a while and decided to use that time to improve my vidding skills and bring them up to date. I kind of felt like I was behind a little. So this is the outcome of hours and hours of staring at a computer screen. I've gone through a lot of headaches to get this, lol :D But it was definitely worth it.

If you have any suggestions about what animes I should add to my next collab (whether it's on the list below or not), be sure to leave a comment or send me a PM! I'm all for doing requests!

Future anime projects: A collab of -- Cowboy Bebop, Another, Black Butler, Guilty Crown.

NotReallyHere
The Macho Man
Org Profile

Re: i am invincible » g υ ι l т y c r o w n .

Post by NotReallyHere » Wed May 08, 2013 4:33 am

You sure like flashes don't you? XD Anyway, the sync in this was done really well, but I think you overdid it a little. Especially in the beginning, when all you hear is this piano? sound and quiet singing the video moves rapidly and flashes on every note of the piano-thing when the singing suggest it should actually be a slow part. In the middle part some of the flashes were a bit too strong in my opinion, but since the beats are a lot stronger here the pacing felt a lot better. Also, between 0:46-:048 you go back-forward-back-forward, this kills the flow a bit. (I suggest watching http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu6h0MDnF6w, I wouldn't have been able to tell what exactly felt off about that part if I hadn't seen it). The last part is where, to me at least, the video fits the music best. Flashes seem (not sure if they are) a bit weaker than in the middle, transitions feel better because the scenes are more similar. That's the way to go! One last thing: there were white borders around the whole vid. I assume this was intentional but I don't really understand why. It's like you made a screen... in a screen.

Either way, don't let this wall of text discourage you. You definitely have skills, they just need some finetuning. :)

P.S.: Completely unrelated note but I'm pretty sure the word "collab" is used for having two editors on one video, not multiple sources.

DarTH GeeSe
Org Profile

Post by DarTH GeeSe » Wed May 08, 2013 1:48 pm

NotReallyHere wrote:You sure like flashes don't you? XD Anyway, the sync in this was done really well, but I think you overdid it a little. Especially in the beginning, when all you hear is this piano? sound and quiet singing the video moves rapidly and flashes on every note of the piano-thing when the singing suggest it should actually be a slow part. In the middle part some of the flashes were a bit too strong in my opinion, but since the beats are a lot stronger here the pacing felt a lot better. Also, between 0:46-:048 you go back-forward-back-forward, this kills the flow a bit. (I suggest watching http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu6h0MDnF6w, I wouldn't have been able to tell what exactly felt off about that part if I hadn't seen it). The last part is where, to me at least, the video fits the music best. Flashes seem (not sure if they are) a bit weaker than in the middle, transitions feel better because the scenes are more similar. That's the way to go! One last thing: there were white borders around the whole vid. I assume this was intentional but I don't really understand why. It's like you made a screen... in a screen.

Either way, don't let this wall of text discourage you. You definitely have skills, they just need some finetuning. :)

P.S.: Completely unrelated note but I'm pretty sure the word "collab" is used for having two editors on one video, not multiple sources.
I see what u mean bout the flashes. their like crazy if i didnt had good eye sight, i would go blind lol, but overall great work next time tone down on the bling, bling and work some other effects into play :wink:

imp
Org Profile

Post by imp » Thu May 09, 2013 5:33 am

the first 20 seconds where really weird. The zooms/shakes were not really synced to the music and felt out of place.

After the 22sec mark it gets a whole lot better. But you still got out of sync a few times.

Overall a nice amv, I just have one question: what's up with the white border?
Finally complete and up-to-date:
http://amv.impdevelopment.eu

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”