IS IT JUST ME

Feedback on betas & works in progress

Moderator: Forum moderators

DarTH GeeSe
Org Profile

IS IT JUST ME

Post by DarTH GeeSe » Tue May 07, 2013 2:04 pm

IS IT JUST ME, OR PEOPLE on this forum picky bout who they give their thought to or on projects ppl do?.?.? If so please tell me i'm here as one of you all, someone that likes the field and the hobby. I thought that we were to help and give each other comments on what should be done to get better and also share our views. Not to be silent and just watch, I like to see ppl work and i share my comments alot when i come online here, so done be like that to a newbie like me ok...

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: IS IT JUST ME

Post by CodeZTM » Tue May 07, 2013 2:38 pm

Actually, one of the site moderators is currently attempting to work on this inactivity: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 2&t=113663

In general though, most people give feedback via the OP Exchange threads if you want detailed feedback or comments. Simpy offer an exchange of opinions and you'll likely get takers.

The announcement forum will always be picky regarding what gets more comments posted. Song/Anime combinations are a factor, an AMV's genre is a factor, the editor's name is a factor in some cases, and sometimes it's all about presentation (graphics/etc).

DarTH GeeSe
Org Profile

Post by DarTH GeeSe » Wed May 08, 2013 12:47 pm

WTF really NOW well, I knw i aint a over the edge editor but i join here for the cause of what this forum brings together editors that like anime/music and the love of our creative minds on our projects. So dont be judgmental on a upcoming editor like me or others that want to join the field of making AMV's ok guys

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Wed May 08, 2013 1:20 pm

DarTH GeeSe wrote:So dont be judgmental on a upcoming editor like me or others
How will you improve as an editor without some harsh truthful comments?

DarTH GeeSe
Org Profile

Post by DarTH GeeSe » Fri May 10, 2013 12:46 pm

i dont mean it like that. I mean by ppl keeping silent and not saying their thoughts or what would have brought out the vid better or airing something out even if it aint a good comment

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:09 am

I see your point, but you also have to consider the fact that people that are in the amv field for a longer amount of time simply don't watch all the amvs in the Amv Announcement section.
I myself mostly only watch amvs from people I know or amvs that at least have an interesting title.
I went ahead to search the annnouncement section for your last two amvs and noticed, that you didn't even make a catalog entry, you just posted a link to your video on youtube.
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 3&t=113783
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 3&t=113080
If you open other people's threads you'd see that everyone has a proper catalog entry.
If you want people you don't know to watch your amvs you should probably just try to come up with interesting titles for the time being (amv that is gonna be called Illuminated is probably gonna get more view then a vid called Shingeki no Kyojin - The Battle).

I don't know how much you comment on other people's amvs, but if you don't others probably won't comment on yours either or at least not as much. I have been here for 2-3 years now and since I hardly comment on amvs by people I don't know I don't get as many comments on my videos. That's just how it is.

You also can't think that it is anyone's responsibility to comment on your videos, that's just a wrong set of mind.

As Code already mentioned you can get a really good feedback in the opinion exchange section. 90% of comments in the Amv Announcement section usually look like "Good job, mate! Love it" anyway :)

Also reactions like this probably won't get you anywhere
DarTH GeeSe wrote:WTF really NOW well, I knw i aint a over the edge editor but i join here for the cause of what this forum brings together editors that like anime/music and the love of our creative minds on our projects. So dont be judgmental on a upcoming editor like me or others that want to join the field of making AMV's ok guys
edit: Holy shit this thread is old, my bad :)
ImageImage

Return to “Works in Progress”