Cute and Cuter - AnimeUSA 2012 Iron Editor Winner

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
NightMistress85
Org Profile

Cute and Cuter - AnimeUSA 2012 Iron Editor Winner

Post by NightMistress85 » Sun May 05, 2013 2:00 pm

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtNUzktDKmo

So it's definitely been a while since I've posted something here and this entry is totally beyond fashionably late.

Description: This is my winning video for Anime USA 2012's Iron Editor competition held on November 10, 2012, sans the secret source. The theme was "That's Adorable." Anyone familiar with my work would probably guess that this theme isn't typically my style and I was concerned about how well it would go over, but it got the job done bringing my Iron Editor medal haul to a total of 3. Totally wouldn't have seen that coming for myself a few years ago! Hope you enjoy!

Pic4
needs more cowbells
Org Profile

Re: Cute and Cuter - AnimeUSA 2012 Iron Editor Winner

Post by Pic4 » Mon May 06, 2013 6:24 am

I like it! :up: You did a nice job. :bear:
Easily driven

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Mon May 06, 2013 9:12 am

T__T

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Mon May 06, 2013 9:53 am

Pic4 wrote:I like it! :up: You did a nice job. :bear:
Thanks!
post-it wrote:T__T
:uhoh:

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue May 07, 2013 11:52 am

That was cute! I actually watched the video out of context (didn't realize it was Iron Chef until I read this) and I was about to complain about the number of sources, but considering what you had to work with (not to mention time you had), you did a really good job!
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Tue May 07, 2013 12:04 pm

Thank you! Believe me, if I could have used all of Chi's Sweet Home I would have! Kittens are my kryptonite, lol. Though I liked some of Lucky Star and Snow Fairy too.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue May 07, 2013 2:51 pm

My post today for the "Let's Get Active" campaign in General AMV! Grading Scale under spoiler.
Spoiler :
0 = Nonexistant
1-4 = Below Average. Lacking in key components that would make it an average quality.
5 = Average
6-9 = Above Average. Slightly above average, but lacking qualities that would make it something perfect.
10 = Perfect
Concept/Originality: In general, I can't really comment on the concept/originality too much considering that this is an Iron Chef and I should objectively alter my scoring procedures. But I will say that it was a great concept highlighting the "cuteness" of the sources that you were provided with, and the theme was fairly (I'll go into more detail regarding this in editing/sync) consistent throughout the entire AMV. I've seen AMVs similar to this one in a lot of places, but few of them actually used the entire song, so kudos in that regard. 6.5/10

Editing/Sync: For an iron chef, I was glad to see a lot of interesting work put into this. At first I was thinking it was going to be a solo-cat experience, but the other sources did a nice of adding different dimensions of "cute" to the video and adding to its concept. That being said, it also took away from the video as a whole. I realize that you were restricted in sources, but I felt like they were unbalanced in how you allocated them. There is a LOT of that cat, and I don't think the cat is as successful as the other overly "animated" characters were. I felt like the video would have been a lot more successful with a bit more polish after the iron chef was over and manipulating the scene selection a bit more balanced. Cuts were fairly good, although lacking in sync in some areas when a scene would transition between two different anime quite suddenly. Some scenes were also just a fairly bit long where there could have been a good cut on a word/sentence ending. Overall though, it was still nicely conceived and executed. 7/10

Visuals/Audio: Sources ranged in quality from above average to fine to a tad blurry, but it was never to a point where it was distracting or bad. Black bars/lines at the top/bottom could have been cropped. 7.5/10

Lip Sync: Could have used some work overall, but nice in places where it was executed. Though the lip flap in some areas also took away from the lip syncing bits. 7/10

Re-View: Actually, I really liked this. I'll probably add it to my playlist I watch at work. :) 8/10

Overall: For an iron chef and with altered perspectives on how to score it, it was really well done for only a few hours of work! I think it could have used more polish after the iron chef was over and put up for publication, but still nothing too distracting from making it a successful AMV. 7.25/10

catgod
cat stalker
Org Profile

Post by catgod » Tue May 07, 2013 9:21 pm

wow well done for an iron chef that was quite enjoyable (and oh so cute)

and totes agree
CodeZTM wrote: Re-View: Actually, I really liked this. I'll probably add it to my playlist I watch at work. :) 8/10
do you even kininarimasu!?
http://shitstirspearesays.tumblr.com/

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Tue May 07, 2013 10:07 pm

Don't get me wrong but, Sugar and the Cat-Girl are cuter ^___^

imp
Org Profile

Post by imp » Wed May 08, 2013 11:23 am

This is soooooooo adorable <3