Passion Clock [Big Contest 2013]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Cecco
Biscotto
Org Profile

Passion Clock [Big Contest 2013]

Post by Cecco » Thu May 02, 2013 1:43 pm

This video is very important to me: At the beginning I wanted to propose it to “Level Up 2013” but later I changed my mind. I’d like to thank to Kyros, [Key]Scarlet and DomiusVidz for helping me to make this video because they helped me a lot. As for the concept of the video I wanted to tell a particular and intense story full of emotions between a boy and a girl and the sufferings that love could be cause.

A Guy,
A Girl,
The Time.

YT: http://youtu.be/6hEXNB99fTg
Making Off: http://amvnews.ru/images/news/Making-of ... -clock.png
Last edited by Cecco on Fri May 03, 2013 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Re: Passion Clock [Big Contest 2013]

Post by pacotacoshell » Thu May 02, 2013 8:02 pm

Holy poop.

This felt like a genuine music video. The effects were used seamlessly and tastefully, which is hard to come by nowadays. I love this anime, and you did it a little too much justice. (jerk)

Good job friend. :up: :taco:

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Thu May 02, 2013 8:41 pm

This was pretty badass awesome.

catgod
cat stalker
Org Profile

Post by catgod » Thu May 02, 2013 9:20 pm

OH
MY
GOD.
DO YOU
KNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWOWOOWW
HOW LONG I'VE BEEN WAITNG FOR A GOOD AMV TO THIS SONG.
I got interested amv's because I wanted to make an amv to this song xD

That was freakin' superb! The coloring was fantastic, liked the use of live action footage (mixed media's always a :up: :up: :up:) and most of the sync hit hard too, so just like GOLD STAR man! :awesome:
Gonna rewatch this now and put you on my editor stalk list :bear:
do you even kininarimasu!?
http://shitstirspearesays.tumblr.com/

NotReallyHere
The Macho Man
Org Profile

Post by NotReallyHere » Fri May 03, 2013 3:21 am

Well damn, that was just awesome. :) It was so smooth and everything was going to the beat. Normally I'd give some constructive feedback here but... I got absolutely nothing. XD Good luck in the contest!

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri May 03, 2013 9:57 pm

My post today for the "Let's Get Active" campaign in General AMV! Grading Scale under spoiler.
Spoiler :
0 = Nonexistant
1-4 = Below Average. Lacking in key components that would make it an average quality.
5 = Average
6-9 = Above Average. Slightly above average, but lacking qualities that would make it something perfect.
10 = Perfect
Concept/Originality: I can safely say I've never seen anything quite like this. Very surreal and a mix of creepy/artsy/surreal and romance. Really, the concept of the video seemed to literally capture a visual interpretation of this zany song and the zany love between these two unique individuals, and the video consistently accomplished this without any reservation. The original effects also did well to make it like something I'd never seen before. Great job merging TGTLTT and Steins;Gate time travel to make it more effective without seeming overdone. [10/10]

Editing/Sync: A very solidly edited piece. A good pace is set and is altered every now and then to really keep things interesting and in a manner that keeps the flow of the music interesting and accounted for. The integration of the half a dozen additional anime were so well done that I only noticed TWO of them right away (the above mentioned time travel scenes), and the other one through subsequent views (Shana). Scene selection was really well done and made the video what it was. I didn't like some of the more awkward black fades, but I always say that. >_> Some of the more static scenes at the starting bit (like between :30-:47) felt a bit bland even with the effects, and maybe just a bit too long on such still images? [9.5/10]

Visuals/Audio: Some minor banding aside, it was a high quality video that I genuinely cannot complain about. The box about "saving your love" felt a bit out of place quality-wise from the rest of the video, but again, just another minor complaint. 9.5/10

Effects: Just really amazing work in this department, high quality work and well executed. Felt very natural looking, while still being obviously seen as "effects". Felt like a genuine addition to the video on a whole level, and not just something slapped on. Naturally merged together well. Although I will say I think the cell phone being thrown down could have been a bit more polished. It was the only think that just really stood out as "well... that was... forced..." The hand clapping at :14 also had some pretty pixelated edges that perhaps could have been cleaned up just a bit more. [9/10]

Re-View: Unfortunately, videos like this (including work from people like Umika or other effects-heavy video love stories) just aren't something I see myself watching frequently. I mean, it's entertaining to watch and it's something I will without a doubt be keeping, but it doesn't offer much in review ability once we know the ending. This is just a personal thing though. [8/10]

Overall: An entertaining and natural feeling effects video that has a solid concept and good editing. Minor bugs here and there, but still a solid piece that I would highly recommend everyone to watch. [9/10]

EimiJ7
Org Profile

Post by EimiJ7 » Sat May 04, 2013 8:08 am

I don't even know what to say. The effects, the sync, everything was just so well done! Even having seen a lot of the anime in this I had trouble telling what came from where because the combination was so seamless. Good job, great video (b^.^)b

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Sat May 04, 2013 10:19 am

Well, wow, you really surprised me. This is a huge improvement from your last works! Great use of effects, great timing, nice original concept. Very decent piece of work :up:

Loved it!

Koneko
Org Profile

Post by Koneko » Sun May 05, 2013 5:22 pm

Loved it <3

Cecco
Biscotto
Org Profile

Post by Cecco » Mon May 06, 2013 2:26 pm

pacotacoshell wrote:Holy poop.

This felt like a genuine music video. The effects were used seamlessly and tastefully, which is hard to come by nowadays. I love this anime, and you did it a little too much justice. (jerk)

Good job friend. :up: :taco:
Thanks you paco. :)
Shin-AMV wrote:This was pretty badass awesome.
Thanks very much shin i'm glad you like. :D
chit wrote:OH
MY
GOD.
DO YOU
KNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWOWOOWW
HOW LONG I'VE BEEN WAITNG FOR A GOOD AMV TO THIS SONG.
I got interested amv's because I wanted to make an amv to this song xD

That was freakin' superb! The coloring was fantastic, liked the use of live action footage (mixed media's always a :up: :up: :up:) and most of the sync hit hard too, so just like GOLD STAR man! :awesome:
Gonna rewatch this now and put you on my editor stalk list :bear:
Hahaha :'D
Thanks very much! :)
NotReallyHere wrote:Well damn, that was just awesome. :) It was so smooth and everything was going to the beat. Normally I'd give some constructive feedback here but... I got absolutely nothing. XD Good luck in the contest!
Thanks you! :)
CodeZTM wrote:My post today for the "Let's Get Active" campaign in General AMV! Grading Scale under spoiler.
Spoiler :
0 = Nonexistant
1-4 = Below Average. Lacking in key components that would make it an average quality.
5 = Average
6-9 = Above Average. Slightly above average, but lacking qualities that would make it something perfect.
10 = Perfect
Concept/Originality: I can safely say I've never seen anything quite like this. Very surreal and a mix of creepy/artsy/surreal and romance. Really, the concept of the video seemed to literally capture a visual interpretation of this zany song and the zany love between these two unique individuals, and the video consistently accomplished this without any reservation. The original effects also did well to make it like something I'd never seen before. Great job merging TGTLTT and Steins;Gate time travel to make it more effective without seeming overdone. [10/10]

Editing/Sync: A very solidly edited piece. A good pace is set and is altered every now and then to really keep things interesting and in a manner that keeps the flow of the music interesting and accounted for. The integration of the half a dozen additional anime were so well done that I only noticed TWO of them right away (the above mentioned time travel scenes), and the other one through subsequent views (Shana). Scene selection was really well done and made the video what it was. I didn't like some of the more awkward black fades, but I always say that. >_> Some of the more static scenes at the starting bit (like between :30-:47) felt a bit bland even with the effects, and maybe just a bit too long on such still images? [9.5/10]

Visuals/Audio: Some minor banding aside, it was a high quality video that I genuinely cannot complain about. The box about "saving your love" felt a bit out of place quality-wise from the rest of the video, but again, just another minor complaint. 9.5/10

Effects: Just really amazing work in this department, high quality work and well executed. Felt very natural looking, while still being obviously seen as "effects". Felt like a genuine addition to the video on a whole level, and not just something slapped on. Naturally merged together well. Although I will say I think the cell phone being thrown down could have been a bit more polished. It was the only think that just really stood out as "well... that was... forced..." The hand clapping at :14 also had some pretty pixelated edges that perhaps could have been cleaned up just a bit more. [9/10]

Re-View: Unfortunately, videos like this (including work from people like Umika or other effects-heavy video love stories) just aren't something I see myself watching frequently. I mean, it's entertaining to watch and it's something I will without a doubt be keeping, but it doesn't offer much in review ability once we know the ending. This is just a personal thing though. [8/10]

Overall: An entertaining and natural feeling effects video that has a solid concept and good editing. Minor bugs here and there, but still a solid piece that I would highly recommend everyone to watch. [9/10]
Thanks for your opinion code! :D
EimiJ7 wrote:I don't even know what to say. The effects, the sync, everything was just so well done! Even having seen a lot of the anime in this I had trouble telling what came from where because the combination was so seamless. Good job, great video (b^.^)b
Thanks you! :)
Centurione wrote:Well, wow, you really surprised me. This is a huge improvement from your last works! Great use of effects, great timing, nice original concept. Very decent piece of work :up:
Loved it!
Thanks very much eva i'm glad you like :D
Koneko wrote:Loved it <3

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”