The Story Of A Stirling Apocalypse

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Re: The Story Of A Stirling Apocalypse

Post by TwilightChrono » Thu May 02, 2013 12:56 pm

EimiJ7 wrote:I really enjoyed watching this! The editing was pretty good, and you were able to achieve a great mood. Yeah, there were some little things other people have mentioned that could have been better, but it didn't take away from my overall enjoyment of your video :D

Personally I didn't mind the real MV footage being in there. Maybe that's because I was really enjoying the music in this video. I do think it should have ended on Trigun though.
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the video. I worked hard on a mood setting for the AMV so I'm glad you thought the mood was good XD

I guess that means I need to stick to that formula.
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

MystykAMV
Org Profile

Post by MystykAMV » Fri May 03, 2013 8:23 pm

well to be honest I'm sorry but I don't see the story in this video, it's true the scenes do fit to the scenes from the video clip of the song, but I can't seem to see a story in this video, because all I can see is people fighting in the desert and the red jacket man sinking in the sand >.<

I think the editing was average? nothing special but not bad either, however I really like some of the scenes, when they had more impact. In the first chorus part I wanted to see you edit to the anime though, and not using the clips from the video clip of the song.

I think this scene doesn't really fit either, in the beginning the song has a nice soft melody, and this expression on her face doesn't fit at all, I think you should have used darker and more sad scenes.
Spoiler :
Also, sometimes you changed scenes from bright to dark which was not pleasant to see.

I think you should also be more careful with your scene selection, because sometimes you used funny scenes, sometimes sad scenes and sometimes action scenes, so try to improve this part (in my opinion).

Overall nice video, but as I said I couldn't see a storyline, there were many characters and many fighting scenes and I haven't seen the anime either.

Please don't take this very negatively, I don't want to hurt you, this is my honest opinion (and I'm also tired and want to sleep) X_X

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Sat May 04, 2013 4:14 am

MystykAMV wrote:well to be honest I'm sorry but I don't see the story in this video, it's true the scenes do fit to the scenes from the video clip of the song, but I can't seem to see a story in this video, because all I can see is people fighting in the desert and the red jacket man sinking in the sand >.<

I think the editing was average? nothing special but not bad either, however I really like some of the scenes, when they had more impact. In the first chorus part I wanted to see you edit to the anime though, and not using the clips from the video clip of the song.

I think this scene doesn't really fit either, in the beginning the song has a nice soft melody, and this expression on her face doesn't fit at all, I think you should have used darker and more sad scenes.
Spoiler :
Quoted Image converted to link:
http://puu.sh/2Mm5l.jpg
Also, sometimes you changed scenes from bright to dark which was not pleasant to see.

I think you should also be more careful with your scene selection, because sometimes you used funny scenes, sometimes sad scenes and sometimes action scenes, so try to improve this part (in my opinion).

Overall nice video, but as I said I couldn't see a storyline, there were many characters and many fighting scenes and I haven't seen the anime either.

Please don't take this very negatively, I don't want to hurt you, this is my honest opinion (and I'm also tired and want to sleep) X_X
You aren't hurting me at all. Any input is good input. I love it. Believe it or not this just started out as a need to edit. I just got the idea in my head and pumped out this finished AMV in 2 days. I had a blast editing it. Then it turned into an experiment to implement a few ideas I had been toying with in my head for a long time now. Seems one of those ideas was a complete success. Now I just need to build on it.

Now, If I can only implement this newfound mood setting into my creative process during newer projects, I think I might be golden. The key is going to be finding a balance, I think.
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Mon May 06, 2013 7:52 pm

Not bad.

Trigun is awesome ;)

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Mon May 06, 2013 9:00 pm

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it. :)